New Year's Wish for Missing Friends.

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by ghost62, Dec 31, 2018.

1. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

This past year has seen some profound changes in many of our lives, some for the better and some... not so much.
    As is my custom, every Dec 31st I spend some quiet time reflecting on my life and the events of the year. What lessons have I learned? Which ones have I learned and then promptly ignored to my detriment? How have I advanced my overall goals?
    I tally up my gains and losses. Personal. Prefessional. Spiritual. Financial. Emotional.
    God willing, the credit side of my life's ledger outweighs the debit.
    Naturally, on the subject of losses, I think of the people I miss; whose presence enriched my life in one way or another, whether they provided an intellectual challenge, commiseration in trying times, encouragement in times of hesitation, tests of my patience or, perhaps most valued of all, friendship and a brief respite from the demands of the day.
    A full life is filled with credits and debits, with pain and joy, with bounty and with loss.
    @InMyImage @kelli @moecat Your names jump to the top of list here. There are more, I'm sure, but I acutely feel the vacuum you've left. 'Out of sight, out of mind' hardly applies when your mere absence is felt afresh daily.
    It is my sincerest hope that the coming year will fill the ledgers of your lives with far more abundance and joy than I can dare hope for for myself.
    With that, Happy New Year, my friends. Know that, present or absent, you are never absent from my prayers.

• Love This! Love This! x 2
    • List