New Android Phone

Discussion in 'Hi-Tech Toys' started by Ally, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Ally

Ally sweet transatlantic

well I'm popping the cherry in here. Anyway I guess a phone is classed as hi-tech :)

Decided to seek life outside of the Apple ecosphere. So bought an android phablet. I'm really looking forward to learning about it and programming it. It was actually a friend in a local b&m that persuaded me as there's meant to be more you can do with android than apple.

image.jpg

2. Roguexx

Roguexx blippy blipperson

I got the g3 in December. On it now I love it

3. Ally

Ally sweet transatlantic

Nice one. Any tips?

4. bobsyeruncle

bobsyeruncle Still a blip ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you want to boost the battery life, turn the screen brightness down to 50% or so and get Juice Defender?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Roguexx

Roguexx blippy blipperson

I set it on battery saver keeps screen dim

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Ally

Ally sweet transatlantic

Thanks I"m slowly getting there

7. kelli

kelli The original blip

congrats on losing your virginity, toy boy ;)

8. Ally

Ally sweet transatlantic

lol Thats so funny

9. Ally

Ally sweet transatlantic

I just found i've got the native google maps app back with street view. Apple removed it from their devices. Man i've missed it.

10. kelli

kelli The original blip

cool, you can drive around without ever leaving the house! :)

11. bobsyeruncle

Google has a desktop tool called "Music Manager" for copying your iTunes library over to Google Play.

12. Ally

Ally sweet transatlantic

Ah ive been looking for something like that. I wanna get all my photos and notes too.

13. bobsyeruncle

I've used Evernote to synch notes on my devices. But I tend to use a bare bones editor, Color Notes, for the most part. Not sure about photos or videos, though. As long as the file format is fairly standard, you could probably just copy the files via USB or put them on a SIM card (if your phone takes it). I've got a couple of books on iBooks that I don't think I could copy over and haven't bothered.

14. Jas

Jas Active Member Vendor

Good choice there mate you will have fun with android.
    For better battery turn off location services.....

15. moecat

moecat No sodding blips to give

Depending on your carrier, you can also probably uninstall most, if not all, of the "bloatware."

16. Ally

Ally sweet transatlantic

Hey @moecat thats the very thing i really wanna do. That bloatware is using over 4gigs!! How would i do it safely?

17. moecat

moecat No sodding blips to give

I use Samsung, but your LG should have something where you can choose "Apps" and then "Uninstall."

18. Ally

Ally sweet transatlantic

Oh i see. Yes i did all that. But look at this at the top - the system data. LG and phone manufacturers boast about the storage you get but they dont tell you they use up a ton of it themselves

Screenshot_2015-06-23-14-38-11.png

19. Just Me

Just Me BiTcHy Blip

My son tells me when I charge it to put it in airplane mode it charges in half the time

20. Ally

Ally sweet transatlantic