Need help please

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by dubya, Oct 11, 2018 at 5:36 PM.

1. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Howdy. I am going to try my hand at mixing, sort of. I ordered the one shot variety. I think I have the pg/vg and flavoring figured out, but I am totally lost on the nic. I have a bottle of 125ml of 48mg pg nic, and I would like to mix at a 9.
    I have no clue how to figure this?

2. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

This is what I came up with. 30ml batch ×9 (desired strength) ÷48 (strength of nic)
    So 5.6 ml of nic solution. Sound correct?

3. muth

muth More than a poop!

Hold your horses! I'm not sure what you're planning there. It doesn't have to be that complicated. Most of us use 100mg nic in a pg base (I'm glad you got pg) so I'm use to calculating from 100mg. Just tell me what percentage of nic you want and I can tell you how many mils you'll need for a 30 ml bottle. Is that what you want to know? I would start with one 30 ml bottle of juice.

4. muth

muth More than a poop!

9 what? How much nic do you like, 3mg, 6mg.......?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 10:41 PM
  5. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

9 mg is what I want. I don't have 99mg nic, I have 48mg

6. muth

muth More than a poop!

Oh okay, yes. 5.64 mls of nic, to be exact, to each 30 ml bottle. 5.60 is fine. And since your nic is pg based that will count as part of your overall pg content. Most flavors are in a pg base, too.

7. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  8. muth

muth More than a poop!

I can't even understand the calculator:rolleyes:. I'm a lost cause. I guess I use a way that works for me because we both come up with the same conclusion.

9. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

I can do most of the calculations for 100mg in my head. 48mg? No way.

10. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

I have been putting in a little over 5ml of nic. If its somewhere between 7-10mg, all good for me. Then the flavoring. I just take what's left for room, and put in 2/3 VG and 1/3 pg. With the nic being pg and the flavors as well, I figure I'm somewhere between 60-70% VG at that point. Sound right to you?

I have made 3 batches so far. White chocolate peppermint, fantastic! Sour gummy, fantastic! And my beloved strawberry menthol. This one is good, and plenty vapable, but unfortunately It is not my favorite strawberry I don't think. I will give it time though. I could buy flavors from somewhere else and use them with what I have though, right? Do you two have recommendations? Remember, I'm a fruit head :rolleyes:

• Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  11. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

That's great!!! 2 out of 3 right out of the gate is awesome! *high fives*

I like Real Flavors SC Strawberry. They have other ones with strawberry in the name, but that one is really good for adding to other strawberry things. Like 1-2% for adding. That's about the only RF one I like.

Now that you've started, I could go through my unwanted flavors for fruit for you? I have brands that most people like, Flavour Art, Flavorah, etc., that I don't/can't/ damn weird taste buds.

12. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Idk how much of it is me, lol. I just did what they said. Sour gummy is 17%, way higher than the rest, but seems right.

Sure, if your not gonna use them, I'd love to give them a shot :)

13. muth

muth More than a poop!

:lol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. muth

muth More than a poop!

Who's they?

Whatever works for you, Ryan. Everyone settles into their own comfortable way of diy. I'm proud of your accomplishment. I knew you could do it. And you're lucky that you have something vapable right out of the gate. Probably because you listened to common sense instructions, unlike me. I had to be the creative maverick and come up with my own recipe and it sucked!:p

15. muth

muth More than a poop!

Yes, the RF SC Strawberry gets a lot of kus. Strawberry Shisha (Inawera) is also good and an old favorite of many is to mix Strawberry (The Flavour Apprentice) and Sweet Strawberry (Capella) together.

Where are you buying your flavors?

16. muth

muth More than a poop!

Yeah, that really threw me. Then I realized that 48 was about half of 100 so I just doubled it. But I googled it to make sure:rolleyes:

17. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

They is the bottle :D I'm just putting in the % it says to. Maybe a tad more.

18. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Thanks, I'll check those out. Only flavors I have right now are from liquid barn, where I got the pg/vg and nic from as well

19. muth

muth More than a poop!

Your bottles talk? Where can I get these magic bottles?

20. muth

muth More than a poop!

I hear good things about Liquid Barn flavors. I have yet to try them but there's a list of their top flavors over at ELR.