1. @bigdaddybrink1 Is Giving Away a DIY Kit to His YouTube Subscribers!!!

Thank You, Dan!!!

Contests, contests, contests!!!

2. New Contest - Win $20.00 from My Freedom Smokes

Thank You ReddHott

Contests, contests, contests!!!

3. Attn: New Forum for ALL Political Discussions

Please post all political discussions, opinions or info in the new Political Banter forum

Need advice for juice

Discussion in 'DIY That Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else...' started by Otto85, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Otto85

Otto85 Seriously Committed

Alright so I've tried my hand very briefly at diy and I'm officially over being bent over by companies for eliquid. I need some advice on what brand of ingerdients and good companies selling said ingredients. I'm not sure when I'll have the funds to step into it but hopeing to get a solid base on at least what I'm gonna need from everyone's experience here. Thanks in advance

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

2. Geauxst

Geauxst A Banished Ghost of the Past

50$ is a good start get 2-3 flavors that mix well and go to town testing do slot of research on making a recipe it's more of an art then a skill ... you get better with time

As far as brands you'll find different brands of the same flavor taste different like loranns watermelon has a time taste where TFA watermelon has a sweet taste so just mix and use different kinda but I typically use TFA-The flavor apprentice
    La-loranns
    Cap-cappelas
    Fa-flavor art
    Fw-flavor west

Other brands can be good but I find those brand usually all their flavors are good to try

Look around on the boards you can learn a lot just reading ... saves time and mistake you will learn along the way

Best tip I can give you is learn to mix using a 1/1000th scale... soooo much easier in the end

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3. Otto85

Otto85 Seriously Committed

Thanks geauxst, I Kno there's other posts about the subject wanting to get a collective group of info in 1 spot so I'll have everything together

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

4. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

If you want to get into it little by little (and have juice to vape in the meanwhile) start with buying nicotine, if you use it now. Some people vape no nic. Shrug. I'm pretty confident that PG/VG/flavorings will be available after whatever the government decides to do, but nic? I dunno. A lot of places that used to sell everything now just sell flavors and 'candle making supplies' to avoid any coming possible regulations. Anyway, nic is the first thing I'd buy.

Where is another question and I'm not sure what to tell you. Some people think that MyFreedomSmokes nic is fine and it's inexpensive. Some people only like Carolina Xtract and it's more than double the cost of MFS. I fall kind of in the middle and get it from Vapers Tek. It's clean and doesn't affect fruit flavors with any peppery or tobacco hints.

Like Geauxst said, those flavorings are the most used and popular. If you were happy with what juice you were buying, except for the price, you're probably good to go with those. I wasn't and use hardly any of the usual suspects. Bull City Flavors has soooo many brands to choose from.

5. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

Hiya, GG. :wub:

I agree with "where". I used to get all my flavorings from One Stop DIY, but I seem to have received a bad batch of some of them this last time. I haven't written to them about it yet, but I think I'm in the market for a new source now. Any suggestions? I use mostly TFA, but have branched out a little and got some CAP this last time. Haven't tried it yet, though.

6. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Hiya VG :)

Try Bull City Flavors. They have a lot of brands and I've never had a problem with them. http://www.bullcityflavors.com/ If I'm not ordering direct, they're my go-to guys.
    Good luck with OSDIY. They probably want to know about it! If somebody is mixing up labels or something, they could have a huge issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

I've thought about telling them, but never got to it. Think I will. It wasn't a mislabel, though. The flavorings give me a gritty taste, like they've gone bad.

Thanks for the note about Bull City Flavors! :kissing2: