Muscle Relaxers

Discussion in 'Prescription Medicines' started by InMyImage, May 20, 2015.

1. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

Don't know if this will turn into a truth thread or not, but here's one...

If you don't take them regularly, Flexeril will kick you butt and knock you out!

2. Rat2chat2

Rat2chat2 reoRAT

My husband can take one of mine and he says he fills groggy for 2 days. I do not take them daily, but when I do, they don't make me sleepy at all. I'm pretty sure it would take a pachyderm tranquilizer to give me more than 5 hours sleep. [​IMG] But they sure help on rainy days. . .

3. cherrycakes

cherrycakes The struggle is real

I have to drink coffee when I take them at work or I will straight up pass out

4. Roguexx

Roguexx blippy blipperson

when I threw my back out they gave me these I would take one in about 15 minutes later I would start feeling warm and fuzzy and next thing I would know if you the next day and I'd have no memory of the time between

5. Just Me

Just Me BiTcHy Blip

I use to use that, they did absolutly nothing for me so I stopped. Was more like taking a baby asprin

6. InMyImage

Yeah, the don't help with the normal pain, but if I do to much activity they help, although that may just be because they put me to sleep now.

When I was taking 3 or 4 a day, they didn't do anything to me, but now that I only take 1 a couple of times a month, they make me groggy for at least 24-48 hours.

7. cherrycakes

I hope my insurance deductible kicks in so I can get my expensive ass muscle relaxers back. The cyclobenzaprine makes me wanna nod off at work. No bueno. Have to have like 3 coffees a day to counteract that and then I can't get to sleep at night

8. cherrycakes

But if I don't take them I have back spasms like halfway through the day

9. Tripster

Tripster Domestic Blipporist...

I use to be on Flexeril for 4 years, wish I had some right about now.

10. InMyImage

I've actually been finding that my Lorazepam works much better ;)

Doesn't really help with the nodding off issue though...

It is awesome when I'm having nerve tremors though which are about 100 times worse than muscle spasms, but it's like have 100 spasms all at one time constantly.

What was the muscle relaxer that didn't make you sleepy though? Might have to look into it.

11. InMyImage

Did the condition get better or did it simply become a cost issue that forced you to choose to stop taking them?

12. cherrycakes

I forget my pain clinic Dr likes it because it doesn't make you drowsy. But it was $300 for generic with insurance

13. cherrycakes

I was on skelaxin (metaxalone) and then there was another I can't remember

14. Tripster

I couldn't handle the costs and it was for my TMJ which is utter discomfort.

15. InMyImage

Ouch, I knew someone with TMJ and it wasn't pleasant for her.

16. Tripster

It's insanely miserable indeed, I really need a seriously potent muscle relaxer for it otherwise nothing will happen. These days I can't afford prescriptions and or medical visits since my health insurance is completely screwed and all thanks to the great government. :mad2:

17. InMyImage

Yes, I'm really not looking forward to going on Medicare after my SSDI comes through :(