Political Moved Items

Discussion in 'Political Banter' started by ghost62, Nov 2, 2016.

1. muth

muth More than a poop!

2. muth

muth More than a poop!

[​IMG]

3. muth

muth More than a poop!

[​IMG]

4. muth

muth More than a poop!

[​IMG]

5. muth

muth More than a poop!

[​IMG]

6. muth

muth More than a poop!

And in case you haven't been listening to the news.....

[​IMG]

7. muth

muth More than a poop!

Now go find your own memes. The internet can't stop with this one!

8. muth

muth More than a poop!

On a more serious note. Take a look at Tulsi Gabbard. She deserves a chance at the debates and we deserve more candidates like her. She has served her country in 2 tours of Iraq and as a public servant in Congress and now she is fighting to realize peace....

https://www.tulsi2020.com/about

9. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Yeah, I like her....... impressive. There are any number of people at this point that I would be happy to vote for. At this point, I still like Julian Castro the best.

One of the things that will sway my vote: I believe in health care for all but I also don't believe in taking private insurance away from those that want it. Why are people ignoring successful programs in other countries that have both? When I lived in the UK, I was on the NHS and we had a little supplemental insurance on top of that. We were not ex-pats; we were paying UK income taxes, owned a home, etc. Why does it have to be all or nothing? Joe Biden and Amy Klobuchar are the only ones (that I've noticed) who seem to realize this---- that you can have medical care for all, and still allow supplemental insurance......just like people have with Medicare. Duh.

What I can't wait for is Trump's afternoon speech on the state of the environment----today. I've got CNN set to record the entire afternoon because I don't know when he'll be talking.

This is really going to be self-torture for me, watching it. His previous statement that we have the cleanest air in the world.......HAHAHAHAHAHA! - alarmingly increased asthma cases and all. I will be cursing the screen and citing the exact regs he has struck down/rolled back. We are swiftly moving backwards on the environmental/climate front; at least the administration is.

Thank goodness for a few large, responsible corporations that actually acknowledge the long-term money-making potential in alternative energy strategies. They are out there, quietly doing their thing, despite our administration.

Oh - and just an aside: Thank goodness for SDNY. Period.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  10. muth

muth More than a poop!

I'm not particularly plugging Gabbard but she also pointed towards other countries who have universal care utilizing the private sector.
    I'll have to catch more of Castro on youtube or something. Big media seems to be pushing certain candidates down our throats.
    Yea, we all have our bets on SDNY. Here's hoping they, too, are working quietly in the background getting ready for a lollapalooza. That's my fantasy, anyway.

11. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

I like to think that there is a special place in hell (if it exists) for individuals who feel the need to make a political point by terrorizing innocent working folks, regardless of citizenship. I wonder how many actual criminals will be rounded up in these raids.

I'm guessing the man-boy realized that there were more deportations during the Obama administration (compared to his) and that he just can't measure up, so had to do something to prove himself to his base. Good luck catching up to the Obama numbers :). A little late in the administration to do that!

Also, way to go, trying to distract from next week's Mueller testimony :rolleyes:.

Gee------where are all these people going to go in the interim? A detention center???? Will there be clean drinking water/soap/toothpaste/working toilets?

12. muth

muth More than a poop!

Idk, Lisa, but I'm hoping that there are many more like-minded people like you and me. If I can meet someone on a forum from a different state whom I've never met in person what are the chances there are more of us? Strength in numbers.....crossing fingers. Frankly, it terrifies me that we have a president in office who is sympatico with the KKK. Not to mention dictators. I'm to the point where I'll charge the White House with a torch like the villagers in Frankenstein's Monster.

13. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

"Thoughts and prayers" are not cutting it any more.

There is an elephant in the room. Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 10.27.02 AM.png

14. muth

muth More than a poop!

You mean you didn't send thoughts and prayers to Moscow Mitch when he fell in front of his house and broke his shoulder this morning?

15. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Had to look - I missed that. No, no thoughts or prayers other than the thought that karma is a bitch. :)

So much for the fantastic economy. My retirement account just took a major dive..... guess I'm lucky I have one at all.

BTW - Dayton? That's where I grew up. I used to live above a shop across the street from Ned Pepper's and later worked on the same block 5th Street, too. So weird to see the pics and videos of that happening in such a very familiar place....

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  16. muth

muth More than a poop!

Well. Trump called it Toledo. Did you catch that? Can't even get that right.

I haven't looked at my investments. Ever since 2008 I've been frightened out of my wits. But I'm glad you mentioned it because I really do have to make some changes soon.

I'm sorry you had to be reminded of your old stomping grounds as a killing field.

17. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Yes, Toledo :rolleyes:. I like to think somebody did that on purpose :evil:. I'm guessing somebody caught hell for it...

Funny protest signs in Dayton for his visit: "Welcome to Toledo"; also a giant outline of Ohio with Toledo and Dayton labeled and a big arrow pointing at Dayton.

• Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  18. muth

muth More than a poop!

I love it. Yay for Dayton. Or was that Toledo:p?

19. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

I believe I posted this at least two years ago on this thread, or another "non-mainstream" thread here. Too lazy to look for the exact date. Anyway, I came across it again and I still think it's amusing.

cat fears Trump.gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

I was going to comment but what could I possibly say, other than "what next?"?

Oh wait..... my dad was a Jew. Does that make me ignorant and disloyal? Or just 50% ignorant and disloyal?

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 1.17.33 PM.png