Political Moved Items

Discussion in 'Political Banter' started by ghost62, Nov 2, 2016.

1. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

Screenshot 2018-10-10 at 4.27.12 PM.png

2. muth

muth More than a poop!

3. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

I don't - and our house is fine. I live west of Tampa Bay. Everything is fine there. The beach got 2-4' storm surge but I don't live on the beach.....

4. muth

muth More than a poop!

My mistake, sorry. I guess my sense of Florida west coast geography is not very good. I am happy that you're safe, though:).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  5. muth

muth More than a poop!

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  7. muth

muth More than a poop!

8. TheWestPole

9. TheWestPole

10. muth

muth More than a poop!

I guess I didn't fully understand. I thought there were other reasons (hopefully positive) for holding back. Why even bother with it now, is he under legal obligation? And, if so, would that hold Roberts under some sort of violation for withholding evidence?

11. TheWestPole

Roberts didn't withhold evidence, he just put off addressing the complaints. Now they can investigate, check that box, and sweep it under the rug I suppose.

12. muth

muth More than a poop!

Ugh! Sorry I asked:(

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  13. muth

muth More than a poop!

14. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

@Trax : Regardless of the context, I don't agree with your labeling of the "MeToo" movement as a "special interest group". In most cases, "special interest groups" - at least, as they have been defined - are seeking some sort of political or financial gain. I guess I'm failing to see how coming forward about a rape or assault qualifies as that or would personally benefit (in wonderful ways) the individual coming forward, in excess of the tumult that person would experience in their life.

I admire you for your ability and guts in pursuing the prosecution of your offender at the time. I'm sure it was hell. I only hope you might try to have some empathy for those who have felt that to do so would have caused themselves and others more harm than good; to recognize that they felt stigmatized by the entire system that handles such cases. It doesn't sound like you have a shred of empathy for people like this. In fact, it sounds like you are resentful that others have felt that they couldn't come forward. Trust me - plenty of us have tried to use the system to fight such crimes; commonly to no avail. I am one, so I get the hesitation on the part of women (and men) who are on the receiving end. My jaw is still not right after having been broken at 19 years of age.......and I did pursue it legally; aggressively. Trust fund boy's daddy outspent me.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018 at 2:59 AM
  15. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Please, no "sympathy" responses; that bothers me for some reason (muth, WestPole, dubya, etc.). I was way over it long ago and I look at it as part of my past, who I am and how I view my life and this world......... not negatively in a personal sense any more. It's a distant memory that doesn't affect me now, other than the fact that it shaped me when I was very young.

16. muth

muth More than a poop!

Lisa, I feel the same way. Calling myself a victim would completely go against my grain. The road back was long for me but I'm a stronger, wiser, more informed and more importantly, a person who has empathy for others in a way I didn't have before. Thanks for sharing your story with us.