Political Moved Items

Discussion in 'Political Banter' started by ghost62, Nov 2, 2016.

1. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

:rofl: I don't care where anyone stands, that is funny stuff :rofl:

2. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

Fair and balanced... ;)

im-a-tolerant-liberal.jpg

• Love This! Love This! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Just a random comment(s).

I am so proud of Dick Durbin (IL) and his recent comments in the news. I miss him. What a sane, balanced, workable perspective. I would be so thrilled to have someone like him here in Florida.....have not seen much of that kind of even-keel, centrist (even though I'm further left) common sense perspective here among Democrats. @dubya, I urge you to support him!

It's my understanding that TSA is considering dropping security screening at smaller/mid-sized airports. I thought the current administration was concerned with national security, ergo the travel bans, the wall, etc. WTH? I'm not sure what the source of this consideration is. From what I have read, it's from within the TSA itself. Seems to contradict the current administration's squawks about national/border security, no?

Is anyone else finding the current events to be the most entertaining "reality" show they've ever seen?

4. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

We both like and support him :) He is also very strong for union's, witch is our livelihood ;)

5. TheWestPole

Respectfully no, Lisa. Soul crushing spectacles of human grotesquerie should remain optional and TV only. Not my idea of daily entertainment. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Oh - the comment was meant to be sarcastic. ;) :) I agree with your assessment. It's all so bizarre!

7. TheWestPole

Phew. Thought I'd lost a fellow snowflake for a minute there. :)

8. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Never. The facetious tone is lost when typed, I guess. I'm unique (like everyone), have a voice, have worn a pink hand-knitted hat with ears, much to my chagrin (my friends forced me, felt like an idiot, lol). No, I haven't left the club and never will.

On another note, I am enjoying the fact that press on both sides are beginning to band together (Fox, CNN, etc.), supporting each other. It's interesting, promising and heartening that even members of the right-wing press are expressing discontent at the president's attempts to squelch the free exchange of information. It's clear that both sides are concerned with the despotic leanings.

9. TheWestPole

We'll see if that's anything more than a blip. My brief hemi-semi-demi-heartening moment of the day were these three appearing together and speaking in common cause about threats to the 2018 elections.

intelligence press conference today   Google Search.png

Can't bring myself to circle Ms. Zero Tolerance.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  10. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Yes, that was interesting!

I assume you saw yesterday's press conference? -with Jim Acosta's hammering her about the repeated use of the term "enemy of the people" (referring to the press)? He really got under her skin. I enjoyed that, too.

11. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

On another note, wouldn't it be interesting to hear conversations between her and her dad? I would love to be a fly on the wall.

12. TheWestPole

Yes, and it was certainly timely that Acosta was the one to do it. Still, I don't look for signs of bad conscience from these people anymore. They're soldiers in a holy war and can't afford to have personal feelings, let alone any related to secular ethics, you know?

Honestly don't feel I have to hear it to summarize it: the ends justify the means, bla bla. :sneaky: I do take a little bit of comfort in the hints I see of the broader Christian community distancing itself (itselves) from the christofascism of the Trump era. Roman Catholics and Anglicans, etc. are appearing closer than they've been in the last 500 years. :thumb:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Yup. Even the pope is disgusted.

and now, a statement from the UN about him stomping on the press, which will undoubtedly be ignored.

My comment on being a fly on the wall at the Huckleberry family dinner: What I would love to hear is whatever dirt they sling about specific people within the administration. You know, not even necessarily anything important. :)

14. TheWestPole

Yeah, who cares about those bunch of foreigners?

If it would tickle you, good for you. I think this is all giving me a massive case of anhedonia. :p

15. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

had to look that word up....

Yes, it's been like this, over and over and over: 8-o... :sneaky:... o_O... :confused:... 8-o... :sneaky:... o_O... :confused:

16. TheWestPole

I wasn't aware of the term until I read, a long time ago, that Woody Allen's working title for Annie Hall had been Anhedonia. Good thing he didn't use it because it kinda sounds like a woman's name. :eek: Obviously, he was the implied afflicted, not she.

17. TheWestPole

:laugh:

Screenshot 2018-08-06 at 6.19.11 PM.png

18. muth

muth More than a poop!

It was a breath of fresh air to listen to people who could speak.

19. muth

muth More than a poop!

I'm not sure that the Huckleberrys have a depth of introspection that would enable them to even articulate mudslinging. The only time they're not shut down is when they sense a self threat. Then, all of a sudden, they wake up and say their feelings are hurt. I guess I'm trying to reduce them to Mealworm Beetles, or something. Idk, it's all sickening.....and scary.

20. TheWestPole

38901061_10157109754915260_6910723265413513216_n.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List