Political Moved Items

Discussion in 'Political Banter' started by ghost62, Nov 2, 2016.

1. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

I'll be moving political posts here from other threads, not as a punitive measure or in an attempt to censor anyone, but as a means to help us all respect our members that wish to avoid political discussions and the heated exchanges that can accompany such posts.
    Feel free to post here as well. Please keep in mind that we're all entitled to our own opinions and some may not agree with yours. Still, I'm guessing you all hope that others will treat you with respect when you express your thoughts, so let's do the same for them.

2. kelli

kelli The original blip

3. Shark Vape

Shark Vape Expert parker...

Geez I'm lost again. Is it Trump or Christians who are bad?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  4. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Shark - you posted just as I was typing, lol.

I've got no problem with the religious right (or other right) as long as they walk the walk, talk the talk. I completely respect any that do, even though I am diametrically opposed, as long as they accept that not everybody is like them. However, I find that to be not that common - and the ones that don't practice what they preach seem to (metaphorically) carry a megaphone around, broadcasting and shaming anyone not in alignment.

An example of how I feel----Hobby Lobby. Which I hate. Not saying I've never bought anything there, it's a last resort when I need a piece of brass, copper or aluminum, the hardware stores don't have the gauge I need and it's too late to buy it online.

I completely respect that they take out full page pro-life ads in major newspapers, according to their beliefs. If you've got the cash and you believe it's a cause for which you think you can effect change, why not? What I hate is that they are hypocrites. I'm guessing 95-99% of the merchandise they sell and make a tidy profit from is made in China; much of it they slap their brand on. We all know about China's abortion practices (first in the world, maybe second only to India). I wonder how many of the workers that produce their goods have had abortions. I'm guessing a much higher percentage than if the goods were produced anywhere else in the world.

So - spend your money on expensive advertising, but also spend your money on goods produced by a known regime that promotes abortion. not only condones, but promotes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  5. kelli

kelli The original blip

if i could add one thing to what you said.....the pro-life screamers are the loudest to complain about welfare babies and mothers.

6. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Oh - please do. This has always been a thorn in my side. You must carry the fetus to term (even if raped) and you are on your own thereafter. Too bad..... sorry!

I have two sisters-in-law, older than me, who were raped when young. Both became pregnant as a result. What are the odds? One of them was riding her bike home from school (high school sophomore), was pushed over along a bike path by a high-school football player and raped. She was told by her father that it was her fault because her shorts were too short, etc. Her parents arranged for an illegal abortion in Detroit-----you may have heard of the history of Detroit abortions. Blindfolded, so she could not identify where it took place. She's lucky; she lived. Many others didn't. Perforated uterus, infections, etc. If Roe v Wade were to be reversed, we'd be back in the 70's and prior again. The demand for abortions will never go away. I think they should at least be safe.

I'm guessing that there are a lot of people who don't want abortion to be legal, don't want to pay for any sort of aid (no matter how long/short) who might feel differently if their own daughter or spouse had been raped.

7. Shark Vape

Fox News quoting FBI Insiders, says a Hillary indictment is virtually certain.

I'm so excited, I think I just had one!

8. kelli

kelli The original blip

9. Shark Vape

10. kelli

kelli The original blip

melania trump gave a straight faced speech today in which she condemned meanness and online bullying. she obviously has no sense of irony. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Shark Vape

"Hillary Clinton is under FBI investigation again after her emails were found on pervert Anthony Weiner’s laptop,":eek: the narrator said. “America’s most sensitive secrets, unlawfully sent, received and exposed by Hillary Clinton, her staff, and Anthony Weiner."
    LINK

Is that really true?
    How did the Secretary of State's emails get on a sexual predator's computer?

This just keeps getting better and better... :)

12. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

KK, I just saw this thread. Can't tell if it is conversation or unconnected posts Ghost moved here. What's the deal?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  13. TheWestPole

Thoughtful post, @Lisa66. All I know about Hobby Lobby concerns the issue of their employees' birth control. I don't know about their advertising. Do they in fact advertise their anti-abortion position?

14. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

So far, I haven't had to move anything here because our members have really stepped up and made an effort to keep political posts out of the regular forums.
    So, ATM, it's kind of a discussion thread.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. kelli

kelli The original blip

i mostly posted here because i can't in any of the other political threads.

16. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Yes. They have been taking out these ads in major newspapers for a few years now---referring to various different topics - all life is precious, the nation was founded on Christianity (those are not exact quotes, just what I saw) often around various holidays. These are not outwardly offensive ads, they are subtle (other than the fact that they are a full page, lol); but you clearly get their message. No mention is made of their stores or products in them except in small print at the bottom of the page.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  17. TheWestPole

Wow. "Lobby" is right. They really are saying "we're working for you" to like-minded Christians/customers. I hadn't realized the extent of advocacy on their business model. Now I get your post better.

[​IMG]

18. TheWestPole

Check. :thumb:

19. Shark Vape

Why not dear lady???

Besides, you asked for three different political threads you started to be closed...
    I'm confoozled.

20. kelli

kelli The original blip

you need to stop talking.
    to me anyway.

• Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List