Moradin RTA- 3ml version

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Tanks aka RTA's' started by glassgrl, Apr 21, 2016.

1. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

I just finished the build but haven't tried it yet. It's recommended to let it sit with juice in it for 1/2 a day. I'm not waiting that long but I'll give until tonight. I used one of my more persnickety liquids to see if the flavor is as good as it's supposed to be. Will update later.

It's a pretty small deck with a small area between the posts (for single coil). That's a 2.5mm wrap of 28g kanthal and I went for the spaced coil instead of more bends in the legs. Not as easy to build as a kayfun-ish type or a subtank rda but it didn't take too long. The tails had to be bent in a sort of L shape and cut pretty short to fit. Not a big deal, I used the tip of a needle nose plier.
    There is no single coil adapter so the wick needs to be split. Easy peasy with cotton. ReadyX would take some creativity...maybe an ovalish coil to fit 2 wicks? Dunno if it'd be worth it yet. Dual wouldn't be a problem, but with a 3ml capacity?
    The ring above the knurled base is juice flow and air flow. Pops right up to close when filling and the tip screws off.

A few pics-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    @TheWestPole @moecat

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  2. moecat

moecat No sodding blips to give

I would consider buying that if it had 5ml capacity and a juice channel plug to allow for single coils

3. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

Thanks for the pre-review, @glassgrl. I like the form factor for mini rigs. Let us know about flavor etc. when you get it vaping. Should be interesting to see whether this or Serpent Mini wins out in your daily use.

4. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

The other size is 5ml, same thing just a bit taller. Still no plug for it that I'm aware of, still would have to split the wick.

Tim, I will tonight. I do want to get my grubbies on a Serpent mini but not keen on the pre-order deal. Wondering if I'll cave...lol

5. moecat

If the post holes are big enough, one should be able to fit in 2 coils so that each sits above both airflow holes. If not, a sleeper coil should also work, but a bit of a pain to make.

6. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

The post holes look big enough to me, the girl in the vid did dual. What's a sleeper coil? Never heard of it.

So I tried it. The flavor really is very good but...it's a bit too warm for me and I'm not even close to pushing it. 510 tips don't fit inside the screw-on tip, I'll frankenstein something to constrict it so it's cooler. It's an airy mofo too, I've got it dialed way down. If you like warm and airy it might be a good fit. I'll use it for awhile but it won't be my fav.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. moecat

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List