1. New Contest - OneStop DIY Time To Get Spooky!!!

Thank You Reddhott Contests, contests, contests!!!

Microscopic text and config questions/bitching

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by neojuice, Apr 25, 2015.

1. muth

muth More than a poop!

Yep, that's what I did and it's better but I wanted to change the font style to serif or arial in the post box. Do you know how to do that?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  2. Ld3441

Ld3441 Blessed blip!

No sorry muth.

3. muth

muth More than a poop!

This is what I see in my advanced settings:
    Screenshot 2015-04-25 at 4.40.30 PM.png

4. Ld3441

Ld3441 Blessed blip!

Took me a minute to find that muth but I did.
    Mine is set to medium and 100% there.

5. muth

muth More than a poop!

I set mine to very large and 110%. I'll probably fool around with it. I don't get the font style thing.

6. muth

muth More than a poop!

I also noticed that my setting within advanced settings for zoom was different from my zoom setting straight from the 3-line drop down menu! Aren't they synched? I don't understand. I'm getting dizzy from all this. @TheWestPole is the Chromebook and chrome expert here. Maybe he can help.

7. Ld3441

Ld3441 Blessed blip!

muth, I can only say what I did and what mine is doing. I have no knowledge of this kind of stuff. My advanced settings are as they have always been, I did nothing there so it is set to medium and 100%. Zoom in the drop down window I changed to 125% and it enlarged it all just right for me.

I don't change things unless I really need to because things usually get worse instead of better for me. ;)

I hope you get your problem solved soon! Good luck!

8. kelli

kelli The original blip

@Midniteoyl thanks so much for that firefox addon. it will save me many headaches. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  9. neojuice

neojuice PiL b

Muth, the 3 line drop down as you are aware just expands and shrinks everything. Midniteoyls' chrome tweak ONLY expands and shrinks the text. I was able to push through the instructions even though I didn't understand them until I was able to actually in the real world expand and shrink just the text. Therefore, the 3 line and the Midnite cure are not linked/syncronized. If you can kind of click click click through Midniteoyls' suggested mini app (four or five clicks?) then you can gain control of the text size on this site only if desired and expand until delighted. I checked other sites and they remain unaffected. So this is a killer kluge. In other words, it works if you work it. It works perfect, imo, and what a dream come true for these 55 year old eyes.

10. kelli

kelli The original blip

not bad for us 30 somethings who spend hours a day in front of a computer screen either. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Midniteoyl

Midniteoyl Seriously Committed

Sorry @muth.. had to disappear for a bit and became hours.. :oops:

Did you get it figured out?

12. muth

muth More than a poop!

I looked up the app ( it's really an extension) and reviewers had issues with it so that's why I didn't go with it. What I did, increased the size of everything to the point where I'm satisfied for now. But I would like to change the font style in the post box and make it a tad larger without making everything else larger. Is that what you were able to accomplish?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  13. muth

muth More than a poop!

Basically, it's satisfactory. What I would like to do now is change the font style in the post box and make it a tad larger without making everything else larger.

14. muth

muth More than a poop!

Were you able to change the font style in your post box?

15. kelli

kelli The original blip

i just increased the size by hitting ctrl +

16. muth

muth More than a poop!

And did it increase the size of other things, as well? Or only your post box?

17. kelli

kelli The original blip

just played with it some and it does make other things bigger too, i guess. wow that almost sounded dirty. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Ozone

Ozone RIP Nov 9, 2015 Rest In Peace

K just admit it, size is everything !:p

19. muth

muth More than a poop!

[​IMG] it does

20. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

The setting in the advanced section for Chrome is the default zoom for any new page you open. You can override that with the "3 lines" dropdown.