1. New Contest

Rockin' It In The 50's! Thanks Ms Brew & Redd Hott!!!

Contests, contests, contests!!!

Metal Art and Craftsmanship

Discussion in 'Artwork: Painting, Sculpture, etc...' started by Lisa66, May 6, 2015.

1. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Hey @Lisa66 @tgcrna @glassgrl , I'm trying to come up with something to get my wife for our anniversary. She doesn't wear jewelry at all, but I was trying to think of something she would have with her at all times, not wearing I guess? About the only thing I can come up with is some kind of keychain, or something like that. Just wondered if you crafty girls had any ideas for me?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  2. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

I've been trying to think of something, but am not coming up with much :oops: I am assuming you are wanting it more 'personalized' than perfume or luxury bath soaps?

Does she have any hobbies?

3. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Yeah, was hoping to be a bit more personal. Hobbies makes it tough, watching bad reality TV, liking ice cream (when she is not mad about her weight :rolleyes:) and being a perfect wife/mother..... That's all I got :(

• Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  4. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Just thinking out loud here, we always had a thing with 314. 31 was her volleyball number, and we put the 4 on the end as in fore! since I am a golfer. IDK if that helps for an idea or not?

5. tgcrna

6. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

I think I could have them put a message on there that would have the perfect meaning, thanks :thumb: IDK if a keychain would seem cheesy, I just liked the idea because it would always be with her, and nothing else really would? What do you think?

7. tgcrna

I think that would be a really nice gift! I know I would love to receive one. Very personal and shows you put love and thought into it. :)

8. tgcrna

Be sure to do it in your handwriting, though! I think that is what makes it special.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Well, it's gotta be legible :blink::laugh: I didn't read too far, how would they get it in my handwriting?

10. tgcrna

I didn't look at the details. I guess you would have to send them what you want, written out in your writing, and they would transfer that to the keychain and etch it in. I've seen something similar in jewelry. I'm sure they have more specifics (like what size you need to write in, etc)

11. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Ok, thanks. Seems like the right idea, and I know exactly what to put on there. I guess it will be what it will be, but if I know her, she will love it ;) Thanks Tink :)

• Love This! Love This! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. tgcrna

Let us know how she likes it! I have a feeling she will love it!!

13. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

I sure will, and agree, I am excited and thinking she will love it :thumbs:

• List
  14. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

@dubya.... Sorry, I have family in town and just saw this. I've done keychains, actually key rings, with stones. Does she read books? I mean, the actual kind made out of paper? I've done a couple bookmarks. Happy to make something for her at minimal cost for material. However, I do not have number stamps.....so I couldn't do the 314.....might be time to get some. When is the anniversary?

15. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Hi Lisa :) She does read, a lot. I guess lately it has gone more to e-reader, but she still seems to enjoy the book experience. I think a bookmark would be a good idea, anniversary isn't until July 8th?

16. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

@dubya, just saw this too. Because I sleep at night. :p Looks like everything was settled. The keychain is really nice, a bookmark is a cool idea. Unless I can interest you in a glass dip pen, I got nuttin'. It's so sweet of you to think of your anniversary so far in advance!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

I'll PM later---after guests leave.

18. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Sleep??? Night???? Hum, there is an idea :blink::laugh: Thanks, I don't think she would use a drip pen. She is kinda more a 10 pack for $2.99 pen person :facepalm:

19. tgcrna

A pendant and chain I made for my mom...

IMG_1334.jpg

Copper earrings I made, trying a new stamping technique....

IMG_1338.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. tgcrna

Hubs went on a road trip out west and bought some turquoise for me :) I'm looking forward to making jewelry out of these!

IMG_1383.jpg

• List