1. Origin Vapes Time For Giving Contest

Win Cubox AIO! Thanks ReddHott!!!

Contests, contests, contests!!!

Metal Art and Craftsmanship

Discussion in 'Artwork: Painting, Sculpture, etc...' started by Lisa66, May 6, 2015.

1. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Looking great. I love it! Really fun bail.

Are you keeping this one for yourself or is it for someone else?

2. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

I didn't make it for anyone in particular. Just wanted to make a pendant out of a stone I had. Maybe it will be 'inventory' for one day, when I get brave enough to sell my stuff?? :unsure:

3. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Beautiful enough to sell for sure, imho :thumb: May sound really weird, but I wish my wife would wear jewelry. I would love to buy something from you or Lisa or GG, it is all so nice. I just know it would never get worn :cry: I've said it before, but I love coming to this thread and seeing what you all came up with :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  4. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

I'm going through stones for holiday gifts, trying to get my butt moving. I was looking through a collection my dad cut for something special for my brother, and came across this. Not going to use it for him, but it was nice to see it again. My Jewish dad cut this for my Christian mom many years ago, not long before she died; never made anything out of it. What a great piece! This is typical of his cutting....and his painting.....very modern and abstract. Pretty sure it's a South American agate of some kind; it has all the characteristics.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    • Love This! Love This! x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Cruel-Phate

Cruel-Phate Bronco blip!

It's beautiful! "Lisa, "do you make anything with crystals or Blue Topaz?

6. muth

muth More than a poop!

I think you will find your courage once you take action to sell. It's like someone saying I will jump in the pool once I learn to swim! You must take the leap, then you will know courage:). Your work is beautiful. I hope you don't deny it to anyone. I would buy that piece and I'm not a big jewelry buyer anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  7. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

I can't take credit for that one...dad cut it. I have cut some stones, but I'm more into the metal part.... I've not made anything with "raw" crystals (natural, not cut) but I do have some Herkimer diamonds (naturally occurring crystals) that I was given and I need to figure out what to do with them. They lend themselves to wire wrapping because of their irregular shape, like many crystals. I've not really done any serious wire wrapping; it is an art in itself. tgcrna (on here) has done some wire wrapping that looks really nice; you'll find it a little further back in this thread. I don't know if she has done any lately.

Blue topaz......rarely occurs naturally----just so you know that. It is almost always heat treated or irradiated in order to get the blue color (originally a pale yellow or straw colored topaz). There is nothing wrong with that at all, just so you know what they are, and they can be very beautiful. I've not used them but they shouldn't be any different than working with any other stone of the same hardness. The cut of the stone determines the setting. Are you looking for something?

8. Cruel-Phate

Cruel-Phate Bronco blip!

My wife is a character for sure, "she wears a lot of silver, crystals, Topaz or healing type stones, usually something on a silver chain, "she very into positive energy type of thinking and trinkets, "muth might be able to relate lol

9. muth

muth More than a poop!

Why do you picture me as some pot smoking hippie? I'm probably as unPC as they come. I don't wear a stitch of jewelry these days but I used to wear a Carnelian. According to the Lotus Sutra, the Carnelian signifies "Forever Seeking Self-Improvement". Hmm, probably should put that on again.

10. Cruel-Phate

Cruel-Phate Bronco blip!

omg, are you hitting that peace pipe already :hmmm:is the Carnelian a red stone?

11. muth

muth More than a poop!

I guess it could be, mine is tannish/orange with dark veins.

12. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Bookmark and bracelet. Bracelet is a variation on what I've done before. Bookmark is made with a Teepee Canyon agate from the Hell's Canyon area in South Dakota, cut by my dad.

IMG_2951.jpg

• Love This! Love This! x 3
    • List
  13. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Ring for someone who likes what I like..... big and bold.

IMG_2957.JPG

• Love This! Love This! x 3
    • List
  14. muth

muth More than a poop!

@Lisa66 Your work is absolutely gorgeous! I love the delicacy of the bracelet.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  15. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Copper. I use copper as practice and for prototypes/sizing. I was thinking about a linked bracelet for a Christmas gift, and trying it out in copper. You can see where the next dome will attach, and so forth. I'll be making it in silver with some kind of texturing, and see earrings, too. But - isn't the copper beautiful? -doing thumbnails now, didn't mean to hog the page on previous post.

IMG_2969.jpg IMG_2968.jpg

• Love This! Love This! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. muth

muth More than a poop!

Please, hog the page! I like the big pix

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List