Political Lowering The Bar

Discussion in 'Political Banter' started by kelli, Sep 25, 2016.

1. kelli

kelli The original blip

we have the two most unpopular presidential candidates in modern history running this year. to get a leg up on hillary, trump constantly lowers the bar for himself. this time it's for the debate tomorrow.

he is claiming that the moderator, NBC's lester holt, is a democrat and will therefore be biased against mr. trump......setting up an excuse if he performs poorly.

mr. holt is in fact a registered republican. nice try, donald. :p

2. Shark Vape

Shark Vape Expert parker...

I am amazed by the rules for this debate... 90 minutes straight through, no breaks for coughing fits or to have canned responses fed to her. Moderators are not permitted to deviate from this rule. Even I think this is an unfair advantage for Trump. I also expect she will be wearing a hidden earpiece.

Without question, debate is the riskiest part of the election for Hillary. Even her supporters agree she is very weak in this 'thinking/speaking on her feet' area, where Trump excels in the mudpit.

Reports say this will be the most watched debate in US history. Trump's main problem isn't winning but doing so without completely eviscerating her.

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  3. kelli

kelli The original blip

yes, if he resorts to the classless, juvenile name calling tactics he did in the primary debates he will do well with his neanderthal base. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Shark Vape

Yer welcome to join us here.. We ARE The Basket of Deplorables! :)

5. Shark Vape

PS... I'm lovin the new pic. :)

6. kelli

kelli The original blip

no thank you.
    and thank you.

7. Shark Vape

Isn't that how liars should be treated? o_O

I'm just hoping that at election time the Deplorables outnumber the welfare recipients.

8. kelli

kelli The original blip

it's interesting that when trump calls people names, his supporters love and eat it up.....but if anyone else dares do it, they cry foul. also, when trump bases his whole career on lies, shady deals, screwing people over, and being a crass crude boor, it's fine. but if a woman does anything even slightly off color she's labeled a pariah. that just don't make no sense to me! :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. kelli

kelli The original blip

are you new here??? i'd be careful about calling other people liars. mr trump is very adept at it himself. constantly. ;)

10. Shark Vape

Mr. Trump's financial business is not our business. It is a private company.

But Hillary's lies and corruption occurred while in public office...
    She screwed those she was supposed to be serving. Biiig difference.

11. kelli

kelli The original blip

unless the roles were reversed. then the difference would be negligible. men are allowed, no....encouraged to be louses. women nope.

12. kelli

kelli The original blip

this fish is spitting out the bait. ptooey. there is no point in me fighting against incivility. it is now entrenched and embraced in our culture, courtesy of trump and the trumpets. sad.

13. Shark Vape

So you're saying men are the problem? o_O
    If this double standard still exists, I don't think it's Trump's fault. If she can't stand up to Trump, how will she ever stand up to foreign leaders?

We need a strong leader, not one who can't fight face to face. She will continue bending over like Obama to send American jobs overseas at the behest of the UN.
    I believe Trump will try to undo some of the damage (UN, globalism, NAFTA, etc) that Hillary helped to create and continues to endorse.

Besides, I'm not voting the vagina/penis ticket anyway... because bigotry.
    I vote the issues, and the thought of voting for someone we know we can't trust is beyond my comprehension. And right now IMO, the #1 issue is her lying, shady, above the law criminal activity while in office.

14. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

Not necessarily...
    Take her husband for example.
    I'm shocked he was allowed to finish his term instead of sitting behind bars

15. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

And for the record, I'm not voting Trump either.

16. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

For perjury?

17. MoonLit_Water

MoonLit_Water We All Shine On

a politician's or wanna be politician's business is not our business???? I'll just throw one example out of many out there to consider, halliburton

18. Shark Vape

[​IMG]
    By POLITICO MAGAZINE
    Giuliani: I'd skip next debates if I were Trump
    By MATTHEW NUSSBAUM
    09/27/16 12:45 AM EDT
    Updated 09/27/16 01:21 AM EDT

Donald Trump should skip the next two debates unless he gets special guarantees from the moderators, former New York mayor and top Trump adviser Rudy Giuliani told reporters after the debate.

Lester Holt, the NBC News anchor who moderated the debate, should be “ashamed of himself,” Giuliani said after the debate. He said Holt was wrong to attempt to fact-check Trump on the constitutionality of stop-and-frisk and his claimed opposition to the Iraq War.

“If I were Donald Trump I wouldn’t participate in another debate unless I was promised that the journalist would act like a journalist and not an incorrect, ignorant fact checker,” Giuliani said. “The moderator would have to promise that there would be a moderator and not a fact checker and in two particular cases an enormously ignorant, completely misinformed fact checker.”

“If you wonder why Donald Trump thinks that the press is a left-wing basically oriented group, Lester Holt proved it tonight," he added.

Trump himself had no problem with Holt's performance. The moderator did a "fine" job, Trump said.
    But Giuliani was especially piqued by Holt’s claim that “stop and frisk was ruled unconstitutional in New York.”

“No, you're wrong. It went before a judge who was a very-against-police judge,” Trump responded. “It was taken away from her and our mayor, our new mayor, refused to go forward with the case. They would have won an appeal.”

“Stop and frisk is completely constitutional and the American people have been given the false impression that it isn’t,” Giuliani said.

A federal district court judge ruled in 2013 that New York City’s stop-and-frisk policy violated the Constitution. Mayor Bill de Blasio, who ran on a platform opposing stop-and-frisk, ended the policy soon after taking office.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/giuliani-trump-debates-228756#ixzz4LUNYdIFM
    Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Ummm... Haliburton is a gov't military contractor, no?
    I believe Haliburton is also a public company, not private.

19. MoonLit_Water

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. MoonLit_Water

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List