1. Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Lounging on the Beach

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by jj2, Nov 18, 2015.

1. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Good morning Beachers!

2. Wuzznt Me

Wuzznt Me Native Florida Cracker

Good morning Mark, Beach. My new gate opener got here early so i guess I'll be working on that today.

• Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  3. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

Good morning beach :)

Good morning Mark and Luvy :wub: Be careful hanging that gate luv!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Good morning, Beachers.

My only job today is to find new pulls for our cabinet drawers in the remodeled bathroom. Our new fixtures are brushed nickel and are current pulls are chrome so hubs is going to change them out.

This afternoon, I will make the salads for our Thanksgiving meal tomorrow.

Hope installing the new gate opener goes off without a hitch, Wuzz.

And hope this day finds the rest of you well and looking forward to Thanksgiving.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  5. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

Good morning beach :) :wub:
    Normal day until I get back from the pool then I got to decide on whether to bake pies tonight or tomorrow. Most likely tonight and since I got to do them I'll probably run by the hamburger joint here in town. Got another place that fixes them a bit better but they do not have onion rings. :drool:

6. daleron

Good morning Glam and JJ :wub:

Oh yeah JJ, no onion rings is a deal breaker! 8-o :laugh:

We’ve got a turkey but it’s no where near thawed :hmmm:

7. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Good morning Beach & Lifeguards.....
    HHD...
    [​IMG]

8. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

Afternoon beachmates :D

We had a really nice dinner Mon night. I passed out soon after :facepalm: Yesterday Mom and Dad, Samantha, and Greyson (‘the boy’) went home. I made breakfast of sausage, eggs, grits, and toast before they left. I’m done cooking for the week :tongue: Hubs was sweet and cleaned up the dishes/pots/pans from breakfast. Dylan is still here - going home tomorrow, I think.

Today hubs and Dylan are replacing the dishwasher here in the mountain house. The one here doesn’t always clean that great. When Dylan and Samantha bought their house, Samantha’s mother ( a little crazy, ahem) didn’t like the one in their house because the insides were plastic instead of stainless. So she bought them a new one. So we are installing their old (substandard, plastic :rolleyes: ) one.

I slept from 11:30 til 3:30 this morning. Think I will take a nap while they tackle the dishwasher :laugh:

9. Glam

Sounds like you had good food and a good time with your family, Tink. And now you can spend the rest of your mountain time recuperating. I know how much work entertaining is.

Hubs is at Menard's buying our new cabinet pulls....he is also going to stop by the grocery store for a couple of forgotten items for our dinner.

Making a pumpkin dump cake for our meal tomorrow. I am not a pie maker, and this is as good as pie....maybe better. Doesn't this make your mouth water?;)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  10. MRSpivey

Put our Turkey from the freezer to the refrigerator Saturday morning. I took it out this morning to do the injection and seasoning. It was still partially frozen so I had to expedite the thawing with a water bath. It’s been dried off, trimmed, injected, seasoned, and put back into the refrigerator until about 6:30 tomorrow morning. That’s when it’s going on the smoker to cook at 250 for about 5.5 hours. We should be eating some time around 12:30-1:00 tomorrow.

• Like Like x 5
    • List
  11. Glam

We do not ever do deep fried or smoked turkey here.....need the juice for gravy and for stuffing, so ours is always baked. I do love turkey deep fried and smoked both.:thumb:
    Our son deep fried one for us several years ago on Thanksgiving....still had a small turkey in the oven just for the juice.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. daleron

Yeah, ours is getting a water bath today ;)

Glad you had a good time Tink :)

13. Glam

Orange jello salad made, pumpkin dump cake done. One step closer to our dinner tomorrow. Hubs' grandma always made the carrot/pineapple jello salad...that is what he grew up with, so it is a "must have" here, every year.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  14. Glam

Anyone else care to share a "must have" food tradition that the family is so used to having that dinner is not complete without it?

15. MRSpivey

For me, the complete Thanksgiving meal would have: pumpkin pie or pecan pie (or both), crescent rolls, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, Turkey or ham (or both), and home made cranberry salad. I really liked what my in-laws did for appetizers, which was peal and eat shrimp and raw vegetables with approximate dips. They also would have crackers and cheese.

• Like Like x 5
    • List
  16. daleron

Deviled eggs are required by this bunch :rolleyes:
    And sweet potato casserole with the crunchy pecan topping.

Oh, and the yeast rolls that take 4 hours to rise :facepalm: I’ve grown to hate those things :laugh:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Glam

Love reading about everyone's traditions. We have some of the same things. And... LOL, Dale. We do the sweet potatoe casserole (mixed with cream cheese, butter, and egg and with pecans and brown sugar on top,) and we usually do the rolls too, that need to rise. This year, being lazy, we bought brown and serve. NOT the same thing in taste....or trouble. We had a couple with dinner tonight....hubs did not even finish his. He was complaining. He is spoiled, I tell ya. I have always felt rolls with Thanksgiving dinner was overkill. How many carbs does one need in one meal? :p

Grilled drummies, smashed taters, pineapple salad here. It was very good.

Guess I need to get off here, finish cleaning, and give my cats some treats....one of them is trying to tear my arm off. They do let their demands be known.

Good night wishes to all. :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  18. jj2

Son came and got the turkey out of the freezer last night. This is after I asked if I should get it out a couple days ago. They might have to dump it in warm water to speed up the process.

Swim was good. Out of the almost three hours that I was there I pretty much had the place to myself.

19. jj2

I like it cooked any of those ways but baked happens around here and for the same reason---GRAVY!!!

Now I'm thinking about the pies that I have to bake. Probably after I say good night here.

20. jj2

That just about covers it except cherry pie and fudge. The latter, got a friend that makes the best of the best, I won't get this year because of restricted gatherings.

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List