1. Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Lounging on the Beach

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by jj2, Nov 18, 2015.

1. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

Good morning Luvy :wub:

2. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Good morning, Beachers.:)

Been getting chores done....granddaughter will be here soon. Going to make peach butter today. Hope your day is good.

3. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

Good morning beach :) :wub:

Today is doing laundry and dealing with beds and putting new memory foam on our bed. Then using what was on ours to cut down to fit the bed in the spare bedroom. DD thinks it's too hard. :rolleyes:

No pool today and most likely tomorrow. Monday it's suppose to get above 70 again and I am hoping it does. Trying to drag out closing it until the beginning of next month. THEN the battle of calendar begins at the Wellness Center. They put up a calendar for the month and then there is a mad rush to reserve pool time.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  4. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Good morning Beach & Lifeguards......
    You are lucky jj.... I called the place I used to belong to & they won't even open the pool... they do have the weight room & the courts all open...But no pool.....
    I see some R & R today...

• Like Like x 5
    • List
  5. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

And so my smoking adventure begins...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  6. Glam

Wow, Mark....looks so good.

Well, another storm in the Gulf....this is getting ridiculous!!! Our property manager does not even know how much damage to our rental from Sally! Supposed to check back in mid week to find out if it will be inhabitable. And we have airline tickets and a car rental to deal with. :rolleyes:o_O Flying out a week from today. Probably to wind, clouds, and rain.:blink:

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. daleron

Good afternoon Glam, JJ and Blue :wub:

Your luck isn’t running too good eh Glam?

8. Glam

No....but our luck is better than the propery owners/renters along the panhandle coast. Wow.....between Covid and the storms, those businesses are really hurting. Tourism is what supports that whole area. :( I feel sorry for all of the businesses in this country, many which will not survive.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. daleron

Yes I know, many businesses have called it quits already.

10. MRSpivey

Baby Back Ribs

Kamado Joe’s Big Block XL Lump Charcoal and apple wood that was soaked in water for an hour

Rub (per slab):
    1 tbsp ground black pepper
    1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
    2 tbsp smoky paprika
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp celery salt
    1 tbsp garlic powder

Mop (per slab):
    2 tbsp brown sugar
    2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
    1/4 cup apple juice
    4 tbsp of butter melted and stirred in

Cooking at 225 for three hours (starting meaty side up) with turning and mopping every hour for three hours. Cooking at 225 in aluminum foil meaty side down in remaining mop mixture for two hours. Unwrapping and firing up grill to put a barbecue encrusted bark on it for about an hour (15 minutes a side then coat and flip). When wife gets back with the BBQ sauce I will let you know what it is (it’s a sugar free sauce).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  11. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

Afternoon beachmates :D

I guess today I need to get caught up on some 'requirements' for work :rolleyes: Also need to let some laundry do itself :laugh:

Mark, I bet those ribs will be delicious!! Yum.

Hope everybody's Saturday is going great so far :wub:

12. Glam

Speaking of laundry doing itself....wonder how our friend from Kansas is doing. Too bad he does not stop in any more.

13. MRSpivey

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Love This! Love This! x 3
    • List
  14. tgcrna

I've wondered about him, too.

Still haven't worked on my work requirements (deadline for 2 of them is tomorrow :laugh: ) but have started the laundry and cleaned the kitchen. Hubs is at the grocery store and is picking up food for me to prep. The chicken verde casserole I mentioned the other week is delicious and SO easy! I'm making a double recipe of that today so I will have plenty to freeze.

https://thekatherinechronicles.com/5-ingredient-low-carb-salsa-verde-chicken-casserole/

There is a YT video of her making it, if you can stand listening to her voice LOL. Not necessary, though; just follow the recipe. Also I'm sure it would be good with white rice instead of riced cauliflower if you aren't on low carb/Keto.

Also making up some more hamburger patties and sausage patties. I'm sure hubs will bring chicken strips for me to cook for him, too. Plus he picked up some zucchini from a local farm the other day, so will sauté them. Gonna be a busy night :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. daleron

Good evening beach :)
    Saw Bela this evening.
    Good looking meal Mark, how was it?

• Love This! Love This! x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  16. daleron

Hi Tink , you are busy!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  17. tgcrna

Awww, I am glad you got to see her! :wub:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. jj2

This is a full size pool and they only allow three people in at a time. Except for people doing PT, the therapy pool is off limits. Hot tub is closed.
    They did put all memberships on hold but if I can't schedule three days a week in I probably won't restart mine.
    I know the virus is real but it's also being used for politics which is why so many States are being a PITA.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  19. jj2

That sounds SOOOOO yummy!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Glam

That looks really good, Tink. I love all the ingredients in it.....wonder if hubs would like it. He is not a big fan of verde....but with enough meat and cheese, it might sneak by him. And I love it.

We called and picked up pizza from our local tavern....we had steaks thawing and they were still frozen, and hubs is drooping from working most of the day on the bathroom, so decided to be lazy with cooking tonight.

Tomorrow, we are going to pick out our floor for the bathroom, then hubs is going to go watch the Bears game with our son. An easy day for him, finally.

Going to go join him in the living room....good night, sleep well. :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: