1. Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Lounging on the Beach

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by jj2, Nov 18, 2015.

1. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

Good morning and good luck Blue :wub:

‘Y’all be careful when you do go.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

Evening beachmates :D

I’ve been a little busy today (comparatively speaking :lol: ). Got the mutt bathed and some little lights strung across the porch and deck. Hubs did most of the labor on the porch (more difficult) and I did the deck. Hope it looks good once it gets dark and we can see the lights better.

We still need to bring in the big area rug for the living room. Had it cleaned at home and finally hauled it back here. It has been ‘resting’ on the front porch since we got here :rolleyes:

Hubs still needs to see if he can repair the dryer. He bought some thermostats to see if that is the problem. Also brought a volt meter, as Wuzz suggested. We just need to figure out how to test that.

Hope you all have a great evening :wub: Glam, hope you have a wonderful trip and quality time with your daughter/family!

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  3. daleron

Good afternoon Tink :wub:

‘Bet the lights will be real pretty :thumb:

Good luck with the rug and dryer.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Change in plans.....hubs came home with a swollen red foot.....the ball of his foot right beneath the big toe is very painful....he can barely walk. Said it has been hurting all week, ever since standing for 13 hours last weekend helping the neighbor. And today it has become fully inflamed. I have already researched and diagnosed him with
    Sesamoiditis....which is caused by over use and high arches. He has had problems in the past with plantar fasciitis, which is also caused by high arches. I put him on ice and a natural inflammatory. He is resting on the sofa.

We are going to wait until morning to see if he is better...right now, I do not think he can drive. At the least it would be very painful. I am disappointed....but do have sympathy for him. And the Lord knows, he has certainly had to put plans on hold for me before.:)

Would love to see the deck after dark with your lights, Tink. Thinking will look very nice.

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

Glam tell hubs he has our sympathy. Hurting feet is kin to a toothache.

Back in from the pool. My idea of using a white tarp to cover/protect the solar cover when not in use is really going to work out well. Still a bit of a hassle but not near as much as what I've done in the past. Still got some fine tuning to do which should make it even better.

In a bit we are up and out of here and off to son's. If I don't make it back then good night beach :) :wub:

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  6. daleron

Sorry to hear about your hubs Glam :( Hope it goes away quick.

Enjoy yourselves JJ :)

7. Glam

Off to watch some tv, then take a shower. Hubs thinks the ice and inflammatories are helping him enough that we can take off in the morning....we shall see. Meanwhile I need to finish getting ready tonight so that if we do go, we can leave early.

So....do not know if I will see you for a couple of days or not. I hope not.;)

Sleep well, and have a nice night. :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. daleron

Good night Glam :wub:
    Hope it all works out :thumb:

Good night beachmates, think everyone is busy elsewhere;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Good night Beachers.

10. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Thank you Dale.. I did get most of it done...they are closed tomorrow for the 4th so I have till Monday to finish it.... I have to gather up some more stuff though so I will be doing that this weekend....
    I hope you get to go Glam...
    Good night Beach....

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  11. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Good morning Beachers!

12. daleron

Good morning beach, Mark :wub:

13. Wuzznt Me

Wuzznt Me Native Florida Cracker

Good morning Beach. Got to see about some tires for my Jeep today among other chores. Hope everybody has a great Friday.

240 volts is attained by feeding two 120 volt circuits into the two slanted plugins of the receptacle . Depending on the age of the plug and receptacle there are either one or two other prongs. To test put the red lead in one of the slanted ones and the black lead to one of the others. You may want to try both with the black lead but the red lead stays in the angled ones. It should read somewhere around 120 volts on each of the slanted plugins. Our problem was only one of those circuits was hot. Enough to run the motor but not the heating element. We traced the defective one to a burnt wire at the breaker panel but it could have been one of the breakers or a number of other things. Older receptacles just had one ground. Newer ones have a neutral and a ground. Both should give you a reading. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  14. Glam

Good morning, Beachers......

Got up at 4 to have coffee and see how hubs' foot was doing. He is still having problems walking....limping so badly we decided not to go. All 4 of us are disappointed, but looking at the silver lining.....1) the traffic would have been very bad in the areas we would have been traveling, 2) we are saving money, 3) that would have been a lot of driving for only a couple of days, 4) still getting to see my beach friends.;)

So...now he is limping around here looking for things to do that he can get done while sitting. :rolleyes: He is not like his wife who enjoys sitting, doing nothing productive. :D

Hope you all are enjoying the beginning of the holiday weekend.:)

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Glam

Hey, Wuzz.....our door bell quit working. Hubs has replaced the bell itself...did not help. Then he replaced the push button thingie at the door...that did not help either. Do you have any suggestions? Thanking you in advance for your expertise.:)

16. daleron

Good morning Luvy and Glam :wub:

Don’t envy you having to buy tires luv!

Sorry you can’t go Glam :(

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  17. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Good morning Beach & Lifeguards.......
    Sorry you aren't going Glam... but yes there are lots of good reasons to not to.....
    can you use a Volt meter and test the incoming wires?

More paperwork today... I did 10 hours yesterday...today I have to dig out more old shit stuff...lol... I am so done with it all!!! but alas it needs to be done....

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  18. Glam

Forgot to mention, this is a wireless system....the wired system quit working, so hubs installed a wireless system...and cannot get it to work either. :rolleyes: He designed, blue printed. and built this house....but cannot figure out what is wrong with the doorbell.:hmmm:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. tgcrna

Afternoon beachmates :D

I need to get myself cleaned up and the house straightened up since our friends are coming this afternoon.

The lights on the porch and deck turned out nice :thumb:

Did the UPS man wear it out? :tongue:

Sorry you didn’t get to go on your trip :(. Hope your hubs’ foot gets better soon. Wishing you an early Happy Birthday in case I’m not on here tomorrow :bday: :wub:

I hope everybody has a great holiday weekend :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  20. tgcrna

Thanks so much Wuzz :wub: I will show this to hubs.