1. Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Lounging on the Beach

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by jj2, Nov 18, 2015.

1. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

:w00t:

You just made my day!!!

One more thing before I take off. Niece (the one that I said opened her own business) is going back to help. While I was out a couple people stopped by (one walking and the other in a car) found out that Pekin Hospital has no virus patients and only 40 patients that are in because of other stuff. I do hope we get to the point and soon where the places not infected can get back to normal (under restrictions).

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  2. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

Good night JJ :wub:

Enjoy your last evening there Tink, that stuff will wait ;)
    Good night :wub:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Good night Beachers

4. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Good night Beach.........

5. MRSpivey

Good morning Beachers

6. Wuzznt Me

Wuzznt Me Native Florida Cracker

Good morning Mark and all Beachcombers. Since the stay at home order was passed traffic has increased. All the non essential people out of work were out yesterday like it was a holiday. I noticed a lot of traffic turning into WalMart so I cruised the parking lot on my bike ride yesterday. Amazing how many people live there. They were restricting the number of people in the store so they were all lined up outside about six inches apart but once they got inside they were social distancing. Glad to see the executive order working so well. Outdoor exercise like bike riding, fishing, walking etc. are encouraged. I haven't been within six feet of any other human except M in over two weeks now.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  7. daleron

Good morning Mark and Luvy :wub: Beach :)

That’s going to be real effective eh luv o_O

Couldn’t get to sleep last night till after midnight :(

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Good morning, Beachers.:)

Hope you get a nap in today, Dale.

Wuzz.....I heard on the news that all Target stores and Walmart stores were going to start restricting how many allowed in the store at one time, based on the size of the building. Inconvenient....but doing whatever it takes to keep us away from this contagion.

Wish I was at Tink's mountain house....sitting around the fire sounded so good. But, instead here we are in Illinois on a cold, rainy, day. The rain has moved out, but it is still cold and gloomy, not very spring-like.

I have not set foot out of this house and yard in over 3 weeks, and my car has not moved. So we are going to take the car to our local farm supply store to buy some finch food. I will sit in the car while I send in the tall gray chipmunk.;)

Nothing much else on the planned agenda. We will probably finish our Netflix series this afternoon, and move on to something else. Hope we can find something as much fun as Ozark.

Hope you all find something to make your day interesting. :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  9. jj2

Well you have gone through the three best that I can think of. Breaking Bad, Better Call Soul, and Ozark.
    We just got through the Lost Room which was pretty decent but it was on Prime (Amazon) and it is free to watch if you are Prime Member.
    I'm trying to think of the motor cycle gang one that was good too. If I think of it or any others, I'll let you know.

Good morning beach :) :wub:

Glam I'm sure you will but take Lysol wipes or something like it with you and have hubby wipe his hands, door handle, and the steering wheel.
    But do enjoy your day.
    Planning on one myself. Walmart for pool salt and pea pebbles and then Farm & Fleet or Menards for pool sand. All stops will just be pick up orders but it will be nice to just get out and go for a drive.

More outside stuff today. Just spending the time to do one section at a time each day so I have a reason to be out there to get some sun/fresh air.
    Off course all bets are off if it rains.

10. jj2

Oh I just order hub's next project! A new fence for the pool!!
    He is so excited!!! :facepalm: :laugh:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Wuzznt Me

Wuzznt Me Native Florida Cracker

Think I'm going for a long walk. It's one of the things considered essential by the rules. Probably a lot of people on the trail today but most go early to avoid the heat. Me, I wait for it to warm up lol. Just got through making a quart of sauerkraut and have a chuck roast, taters, carrots and a few green beans in the crock pot for dinner. Hope everybody is enjoying a safe and fun filled weekend. Yes, it is possible to have fun while isolated.

Longmire is pretty good too. Can't remember the names but there were several British crime dramas I watched. Midsomer Murders was one but it's no longer on Netflix. I've been watching the seasons Netflix didn't have on Acorn tv. We've got Hulu, Acorn Netflix and a few others on the Roku and still nowhere near the price of cable tv.

Sons of Anarchy? I've got a t-shirt that looks like their patch but it says Sons of Arthritis lol. Ibuprofen chapter. They had one that said Oxycodone chapter but I didn't think that was a great idea.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  12. daleron

Good morning Glam and JJ :wub:

Sounds like everyone is busy outdoors today except for me. It’s been raining and it’s chilly out there. I’ve been rearranging the living room furniture and doing the cleaning that creates :rollseyes: Opened up all the windows so we can see out by moving the love seat :thumb: We’ve got three in a row but they’ve been blocked off. I can see if someone is on the deck now.

13. MRSpivey

I may get to working outside later today. I have some bush/tree trimming to do. I need to get on a ladder to do it so DW needs to get back from DD’s house for me to be smart about it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

LOL at Sons of Arthritis. Sons of Anarchy was definitely a great show, I am sure that is what jj was thinking of.

Could not believe my first foray out.....traffic everywhere. Walmart parking lot was full, Menard's lot was full....our farm store lot was full. I know it is Saturday but sure was not expecting that. Looked like a normal weekend day. Guess lots of people are willing to take chances....hubs said he was the only one in the store with a mask on.

We did wipe everything we could think of with anti-bacterial soap....and then sprayed the air with Lysol right after we came in. But you can only do so much.

Stay safe on the ladder, Mark. Ladders are probably almost as dangerous as a coronavirus.;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. jj2

You are right on both those and I think Midsomer Murders is on Amazon Prime. Have no idea if you can watch it free with the Prime Membership or you have to pay for it.

Yep you got it---Son's of Anarchy. From what I read it's one of the ones that left when Disney came out with their own streaming. I don't know if Disney has it but it was a good show.
    Netflix actually needs to get a lot of shows to replace Disney stuff.

Been outside and got one more section done and the sidewalk swept. Needs sprayed down with a hose but is not happening until it's a whole lot warmer out.

16. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

Afternoon beachmates :D

Procrastinated on going home until tomorrow ;)

I didn’t get any more cleaning done last night after the fire pit - big surprise, LOL. Will finish today and then go home tomorrow.

I’m currently sitting on the deck, listening to the birds sing and the mutt snore :lol: It is a beautiful day, 70 and breezy.

• Love This! Love This! x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  17. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

If you like mysteries set in the 1800’s (I think) check out The Suspicions of Mr Whicher -on Amazon Prime or Hulu (can’t remember which). There are only 5 or 6 of them but hubs and I really enjoyed them :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. daleron

Good evening beach :wub:

‘That sounds so nice Tink, it’s gray, wet and chilly here today.

I had a hummingbird come to the window after I moved the furniture, would have missed it before!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. jj2

Doesn't it though!!!

And it's time to make that BIG decision of the day, "What's for supper?"
    Leaning toward biscuits and gravy.

20. daleron

Nothing here, DH won’t be home till about 8 p.m. so I’m not cooking supper.