Lounging on the Beach

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by jj2, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Sundrinkr

Sundrinkr Enough is as good as a feast.

Good morning beach. I got up about an hour ago and am still working on coffee.

Lisa - I don't see the use of the word "lanai" as pretentious at all. As soon as I hear the word I picture a screened in patio. In my mind it is always covered with pavers and has a pool and/or hot tub in the center lol. Celeste is a little darling. I love a black cat and she is dark as pitch. I wanna pet her.

On another note, Lionel has finally responded very well to his antibiotics and ear meds. His congested, raspy voice is gone and his ear has no brown or black waxy yuck in it. Still giving the meds to get this gone for good, hopefully. It would be nice for them to grow a bit more and then move to a new home, although I will miss Garbo dreadfully. She's my little bedtime dear now, coming to lay in my crossed legs. She still doesn't like to be held or kissed that much but loves petting.

• Love This! Love This! x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  2. Sundrinkr

Sundrinkr Enough is as good as a feast.

I/we finished the weeding and edging out front yesterday and my body is sore from all the bending. I've only had a few hours of sleep so will probably go back to bed for a bit after coffee.

The garage cat has truly turned into an asshole. He begins trying to wind around one's legs as soon as you step into the garage, all the while campaigning for food. Yesterday, after his healthy breakfast he bit me when I went outside to work. Bit and drew blood. I'm ashamed to say I boxed him soundly with my work gloves. Worse, he didn't run off but just moved under the edge of the truck out of reach and waited for me to exit. Creep. I've decided from now on he is only allowed to stay in the garage on nights it is really cold.

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Guess I'm really running slow today. Good morning Sun and Beachers! I'm sorry Sun but the boy gotz personality! LOL He sounds a lot like the boy I had years ago named Sparky. He and I became best buds. He and my ex never did hit it off.

I so wanted to just stay home in bed and listen to the rain. But I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go... well, I'm already there. I've got to get doing it. Hope y'all have a great day!

4. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

Good morning Sun and Mark, good morning beachmates :wub:

Wow Sun, hate that you were bit :( Hope you treated your hand with an antibiotic. Maybe that boxing will teach him better manners.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Good morning, Beachers.

Love to listen to rain while still in bed, Mark. I grew up in the south with a tin roof overhead....the sound of the rain on that always made staying in bed so inviting.

Happy Lionel is improving, Sun. Wonder what would possess a cat to bite the hand that was serving him? He does not sound very smart. :ohmy:

Not much going on today.....the weather predictions were totally off base....we went from almost 6 inches of snow to .2 inches. LOL....they have really gotten a lot of forecasts wrong this winter. I am not sure we will get any. South of us is gonna get rain and snow. (jj;))

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Good morning Beach & Lifeguards....
    Not much to say..... it's not Munday.....:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. daleron

Good morning Glam and Blue :wub:

Me neither, unless it’s that NCIS is a rerun tonight :laugh:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

Sorry, but I had to rate that as 'funny' only because it reminds me of Lucy. She was the sweetest kitten, up to about age 2. Then she had a personality change and would bite at the drop of a hat. I still loved that cat so much, and would laugh at her misbehavior instead of getting mad. Y'all may remember I referred to her as a 'biotch', LOL. Still, she will always be remembered as one of my favorite cats :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Love This! Love This! x 2
    • List
  9. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

And, good morning. I just got home, after sleeping a while in the call room this morning. Was up during the night with a gunshot victim. We always seem to have a fresh supply of them :glare: Don't worry, though. He'll be fine and will probably supply a future gsw victim for us :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

Good morning beach :) :wub:

It's snowing like crazy!!!

For us dieters, a low cal idea for supper. And we'd have to dress special for the occasion. :w00t: :laugh:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  11. jj2

Well if that turns out to be true then we now have YOUR forecast.
    You were suppose to keep it up there. :sneaky:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  12. daleron

Good morning Tink and JJ :wub:

Love the cake :lol:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  13. jj2

I got DH scrounging through his stuff for tape and markers. Got paper towels and toilet paper yesterday so I have two big boxes. One got beat up really bad on the way here so DH is fixing it. The markers are so the kids can make them look like cars.
    They will not look anything like this but, hopefully, they will have fun.

[​IMG]

14. jj2

Just think you could eat alllllll you want. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. jj2

Yes I was here early and I have to leave early. Trying to get a load of laundry done before the kids arrive and need to get brunch and the bike in too.

CULz.............

16. Wuzznt Me

Wuzznt Me Native Florida Cracker

Good afternoon Beach. Looks like it's gonna get rainy and turn cold again Thursday. Almost a week of temps in the 60s so I split a bunch of firewood and re stocked the rack. Got my car back this morning and the bill wasn't bad. AAA sent me an email wanting to know about my experience with them and I let them have it. I called a little after 8 yesterday and was told by 9:10. They later called and said 9:30 which was fine. At 9:45 I called to see what the delay was and they said the driver hadn't seen my car and my cell phone went straight to voice. I had no voice message. Next the dispatcher called and said by 12:30. The new driver got there about quarter till and hit my fence coming in. Then he couldn't figure out how to turn around and tore up my yard trying. Finally got turned around and positioned the truck so he would drag my car through a lemon tree. I stopped him just before it hit the branches. He finally got it loaded and left, too late for the mechanic to get it back to me yesterday. This has become the norm for their service around here. My insurance company offers roadside assistance and I'm thinking about trying them. Enuff of a rant from me lol. Longest post I've typed out in a long time. Hope everybody has a great evening.

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 3
    • List
  17. Glam

Been a long time since we got a good rant from you, Wuzz. ;) As we have all noted, good customer service seems to be a thing of the past for most companies. Still does not make it any less frustrating. I think it must be something in the bottled water they all drink.:D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. jj2

I've only had to deal with them twice and both times were fine, but I've also heard several nightmare stories.

Well the little darlings are down and it's amazing how they can tire a person out.
    Box idea worked great! They both had their own set of markers for decorating. They been fighting a lot later so this avoided that and even the grandparents enjoyed it. Pretty sure they got houseitis so it will be great when it's nice enough to get them to a park.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  19. Wuzznt Me

Wuzznt Me Native Florida Cracker

Not quite enough chlorine in the gene pool.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Glam

Yeah.....many of the unfit have survived. ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List