Lounging on the Beach

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by jj2, Nov 18, 2015.

1. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

I just got back from Best Buy a little while ago, and about $1,450 later, I'll be the proud owner of a new iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB. It should get to me by mail on Wednesday. I also bought a Hard Shell Case with 10 foot drop protection, a Privacy Screen Protector, and a PopSockets PopGrip for it, all in Black to match the Space Gray phone, which looks black to me. Jasmine C. was excellent and corrected what I had been told by a Samsung Sales representative while waiting in line for her.

I thought it sounded weird that any Samsung phone (or anything else for that matter) could be more powerful, faster, etc., than this iPhone, but Jasmine spent what seemed like an hour with me, if not longer, helping me to select the items to get and just being wonderful in general, as I took some time with each one, and then we played musical chairs with them, juggling final costs including tax, and printing them out to compare and study, until I settled on what I would buy. The Case was the hardest thing for me to select because most of them felt slippery, but we finally decided on one, and it's black to boot.

She also showed me a very cool Back Cover that has a high mAh Battery, with the mAh rating unspecified, which I thought was odd, because that's what I wanted/needed to know. But it can be used to either run the phone after the internal battery gets weak (but not to charge it) or run the phone from this battery until it gets weak and then the internal battery takes over, with both being charged either through USB or Wirelessly. Since the vast majority of my usage will be sitting right here at my desk, I didn't spring for a Wireless Charger or this cool Battery Back Cover, so I'll just have to make sure my phone is charged before going out, or use a charger in the car that runs from the cigarette lighter when traveling.

We also looked at the Wireless Air Pod ear phones with Noise Canceling that I could use for hands-free talking while driving, but for another $250, I didn't get them just now. Don't know how much I would use them for things like music anyway, and I could also compare that price to something that would connect the phone to the car stereo system so I could talk on the phone hands-free while driving. But there are prolly other options that would be less than $250, so I'll look into this stuff later.

All of those things could be purchased later, and while very cool, I had to consider the overall expense. Even still, I think I got a pretty good package to start with, and things that I actually need and would use now. I also signed up for Apple Care+ with Loss/Theft and extended coverage for ~$15/month, because I thought it would be crazy not to have it for such an expensive purchase. The other Apple Care I could have bought outright for $199, but that did not have Loss/Theft or extended coverage and only lasts for 2 years, and since this is an Unlocked phone with no Insurance through the Altice MVNO plan package, I thought it best to have it.

So that's been my day and now it's time to put those things in to wash. :laugh: Think I'll make something to eat and watch another football game commercial free. :D See ya later and Sweet Dreams!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  2. 100%VG

@jj2 Because of your post about "mental effects", I Googled "can meclizine hcl 12.5mg cause weird vivid dreams" and I learned that it indeed can! So I'm not taking it anymore. I've had very strange and wildly vivid dreams the past 2 nights, with both of them waking me up, and the 1st one had me upset and I even got out of bed trying to figure out what I could do about the (dream-state) problem that I experienced. Went back to bed like 5-10 minutes later, still worried and confused about it, but that dream did not reoccur. So no more Meclizine HCL 12.5mg for me. I've had enough of that crap! So thanks again! I prolly would have suffered another 2 nights or so before thinking of doing this Google search for myself.

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

I’ve been a member of Nextdoor for 2 years..... I even moved it when I moved..... I use it for buying/selling thins too...also for the burglar warnings....wild animals etc.... I recommend it for everyone.....
    Look on Amazon for those battery cases.... I had one for my Galaxy S-7... loved it and it lasted over a year....way better priced...

good night Beach...

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. 100%VG

Thanks, Baby Blue! :love: Guess I'll go ahead and join Nextdoor.com even if they don't reply to me in time, as the Code they gave me will expire in 3 days.
    I would have thought, and certainly hoped that a Smart Battery Case as expensive as this one was would last a lot longer than a year. Why shouldn't it, when an internal phone battery does? And our 18650's do, though they do lose mAh capacity as time goes on, and sometimes I replace them after a year of heavy usage. But that thing was like $150 or so, even though it says $130 online, if that's the same one. But even $130 is a lot for that, especially without saying the mAh rating! But this one is also made by Apple, so I guess that could be a possible reason. Still wouldn't spend that much w/o knowing the mAh rating.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Good morning Beachers!

6. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Love This! Love This! x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Good morning beach & Lifeguards....
    Thanks for the breakfast ideas Dale.....

VG it only takes a couple days for them to send to you the reply verification card...but you fill it out online...its kinda like a forum... just all local.... as for the cases.... I highly recommend the Morphy brand(that's the one I used).... it would have lasted longer but I dropped it once too many times....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    The Hawks play tonight.... so I am making a pork roast(for me)....and I believe they are also having pizza......

• Like Like x 7
    • List
  8. daleron

Good morning Blue :wub:

9. 100%VG

Thanks, Dearest! :love: Couldn't agree more!
    Got a reply from Jennifer at Nextdoor.com today. Should learn my Neighborhood's Name today and will definitely be joining with the Code they sent me. And thanks for mentioning the Smart Battery Case brand "Morphy"! I'll have to see if they make one for this phone. :thumb:

It's going to be another football kind of day, and I am up for it! Also looking forward to the Hawks game, but mainly (at least for starters) to see how the Saints do against the 49ers, who have been doing a little too well for comfort! :laugh: This could be a pretty tough game, so I hope the Saints do well and are prepared for a challenge.

10. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Good morning, Beacheroos.:)

My dinner was a hit, and after dinner we all (our friends went to the University of Wisconsin) sat and watched the Badger's/Ohio State game. Not pretty for the Badgers. They were here until after 10.

Got out a few Christmas decorations this morning, done with those, and hubs is on his way to our local gourmet popcorn shop to buy 35 bags of popcorn. Those are what we give as gifts to friends and service people. We do no family gift exchange.

Nothing else going on here in the midwest....enjoying the 40+ weather....in a couple of days our high is only going to be in the 20s. :eek:

Hope everyone is having a nice relaxing day.

11. 100%VG

Went ahead and joined Nextdoor.com with the Code. Pretty cool already and also installed the App on my cell phone. Wrote down the link so I can get it on the new iPhone when it gets activated. The game is starting now, so see ya later.

12. daleron

Good afternoon VG and Glam :wub:

No JJ today? :unsure:

• Like Like x 6
    • List
  13. Glam

I was wondering where she is too......maybe she slept in or is busy with the grand kids.

Nothing at all going on here. I am ready for a nap.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. 100%VG

Holy Moley! What a tight and exciting game. The Saints came out strong and scored first, but the 49ers came out strong, too. The Saints got ahead with a touchdown in the last minute and a half, and the 49ers came back in the last seconds with a field goal to win it 48 to 46. :cry: What a disappointing way to lose such a fantastically played game on both sides. But the 49ers have been doing very well, and they were picked to beat the Saints, and they did it. The Saints screwed up in those last few seconds with a facemask penalty, which set the 49ers up for their winning field goal.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. 100%VG

Good afternoon, Dearest. :wub: I hope you are having a good day!
    Enjoy your nap. :wub:

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  16. daleron

It’s okay I guess, we’re all a little grumpy today for some reason.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 3
    • List
  17. daleron

Did you get one?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Glam

Yep....about 2 hours of excellent sleep. My body is still healing, plus still fighting this cold, which finally moved down, but is not tight in the chest. So I am able to cough it out.

I probably will be up all night watching tv since I am so rested now. :confused:

• Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  19. daleron

I would call you lucky but you’re right about needing that healing sleep :)
    Bet you’re not up all night ;)

Sorry you still have that cold :(

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  20. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

It's been a long day today. Rehearsals for the Christmas Program after church today. I got home around 5:30. Heated up leftovers and now I'm going to watch some TV.

• Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List