Lounging on the Beach

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by jj2, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Good evening, Dale.....hubs is just starting ours. I am having avocado toast with tomato. Hubs is making hash from leftover steak and potato from our steak fry the other night.

2. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

So you mean, going to the pool at the Wellness Center for 6-7 months. Right? Or at least to get your exercise in.
    OK, but how old are they? Most 18650s really need to be replaced after 1 year (I guess if used regularly, like I do), though I have used some of mine daily for 2 and 3 years. They still worked fine, but the older they get, the less time you get from a full charge.

However, if not used regularly, but are stored for months without being used, the "internal resistance" can discharge them well beyond the ~3.2V level where your Mod would tell you it's time to recharge it/them. If they sit unused and they self-discharge to ~2.5V, and especially lower than this, they are usually ruined and have to be replaced. I've seen some of my old ones get ruined that way, because I didn't put them in the charger often enough to prevent it.

Good evening. I hope you've had a good day. I usually eat very late.

I did not get out today because of the rain, but I did get all the PCs and Laptops finished, and most everything out on the couch for Greg. I'll check more around the office to see if I find anything else of his. I don't have to play pool again tonight and that's fine with me. But I need to go to the Post Office to mail Mark's Juices, and also to UPS to get the Heart Monitor on it's way back in the prepaid envelop that came with it, so I'll have to do that tomorrow, rain or shine.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  3. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

We got done a little bit ago. Chili dogs. Fast and easy!

4. jj2

Yes to use the pool.

As for the batteries, I have hubs check them at least twice a year. With as many batteries that I have each one gets used around 12 a year.

5. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

We had pork chops, mashed potatoes and green beans.

Ukoh guess all my batteries are ruined :(

Another thing I’ll eat but never want.

6. jj2

Well I know you like chili so it's puzzling that you don't like chili dogs. The hotdogs were grilled out which made it even better!

7. daleron

Just not a fan of hotdogs or wet bread for that matter :laugh:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  8. Glam

Almost time for meds/bed, so good night all. Pleasant dreams. :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Not wet bread, Dale.....chili soaked bread. :p

• Like Like x 6
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  9. jj2

We never include the bun. Just chili and hotdogs.

Night Glam..............sleep tight.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. jj2

I gotta order some stuff at WalMart for DH to pick up on his way home tomorrow so time to scoot.

Good night beach :) :wub:

11. 100%VG

If you or DH have, or really anyone you know has, a Voltmeter, you can check the charge of each one on a low DC Volts scale. Select the lowest DC Volts scale that is over 4.2V. Pretty much anything under 2.5V should be thrown away, or recycled if there's a Vape Shop nearby you could take them to, but Please do not attempt to "revive" them in a charger. Anything over 2.5V you could try to recharge them and see. But if the voltage is less than 3.0V and they do take a full charge, they have probably lost a fair amount of the stated mAh rating. If they take a full charge, they will still work fine, but they won't last as long on a full charge as they could have.

Good luck! :love:

I understand. They can be filled with all kinds of junk. When I buy them, I get Nathan's Beef Franks.
    upload_2019-10-21_19-52-22.png
    Hey, that does sound GOOD!

Good night, Honey. Sweet dreams. :love:

I've seen people cut up hotdogs and put them in chili. Sounds good, but I like beef chili.
    Good night, Sweet. Pleasant dreams. :love:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  12. daleron

Ew yuck! :p
    Good night Glam :wub:

Good night JJ :wub:

Okay, we can do that.

Good night VG and beachmates :wub:

• Like Like x 5
    • List
  13. 100%VG

Then I'm glad I took the time to tell you about it. Good Luck!, again. :thumb:

Good night, Dearest. :love:

I believe that I've found and moved all of Greg's stuff to the living room where all of if it either sits on the couch or is sitting on the floor leaning onto it (some of the laptops). Well, all but the 4 PCs that are still in the hall. It's quite a pile! This also includes a good bit of stuff that I've been holding here for him for years. Will try to find a box that is big enough and strong enough for the loose laptops (2 are in a carry case) and the extra parts... everything but the 4 PCs, which might be better in 2 boxes.

It's 10:30 and time for some food and a movie. Good night, beach. :) :wub:

14. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

That’s the ones I can have.....
    Good night Beach.....

• Like Like x 5
    • List
  15. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

They are everywhere in IL. I never saw one until I moved up there. I thought, “What are these faded, orange-looking ladybugs?” They do collect around windows..... but I found the box elder bugs worse than those. They would collect on the south side of my house, and squirted out a dark juice that had to be cleaned off the siding.......

First: Chili dogs without a bun are not chili dogs. Second, since when is the bun on a chili dog “wet”? That would be gross, I agree.

Thank goodness there is a Skyline a few miles away from here so I can get a fix every now and then.

Got home and picked up Celeste from the vet today. Apparently, she learned something from the other cats being boarded. She previously only did a little chirp, most often a little trill, and rarely a straight meow. She now does a very loud meow....... repeatedly. I hope it is only the result of the excitement of coming home. She was boarded right next to a Siamese, though........ bad influence :laugh:

She’s also skin and bones. She hardly ate anything for ten days......and she was tiny to begin with. I’ll be having the pet sitter back at Christmas. She can’t handle it, and I don’t blame her.

San Diego was nice. We went back to the north county location we’ve been to so many times (went to the desert the last few years). It has changed even further in ways I’m not crazy about. Development is kept in check, of course, but businesses have changed, the vibe has changed and it’s become even more “snooty”, for lack of a better word. The beaches, however, still beat the heck out of the beaches here..... they are preserved so well and are just so natural and scenic. You just don’t see the massive development like in FL.

We fed acacia leaves to giraffes and apples to rhinos on a semi-private “safari” at the wild animal park, from the back of a raised vehicle. We did this several years ago and it was great so did it again (giraffe did not lick my head this time, though). Also went up to Temecula and visited several vineyards; from small, cozy family owned operations, ranch style, to corporate (22 owners) with elaborate Tuscan style buildings. We took Uber, FYI o_O :party:

Also went to a bird sanctuary for surrendered pet exotic birds and koi (the fish are popular around here), walkable from our condo. They rehabilitate parrots, macaws, etc. and find homes. They want visitors to help them get the birds attenuated to certain things so they can be re-homed. We went over there a couple times, feeding fruit treats, and having them perch on us. Fun! I’d love to have one here but but would be afraid a bird would outlive me.

• Love This! Love This! x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  16. daleron

Good morning beachmates :wub:

Hi Lisa, what a fun read! :wub:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. 100%VG

Good morning, beach people. :) :wub:

@Lisa66 Welcome Home! Loved reading of your adventures! Glad you had a good trip.

Got up at 8 to try to get some phone calls in early that I couldn't get an answered call for yesterday. Hope you have a good day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  18. Glam

Good morning, Beachers. This post was typed at 6:30 a.m., but I forgot to hit the send button.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...poor old Glam.

Sounds like fun, and welcome home, Lisa. A great get-a-way. So beautiful out there....and so populated!

Up early to go get bandage change. Not fun getting up in the dark. ;)

Edit: Back now from change. It went well as well as could be expected. Happy to be back home.

19. jj2

Good morning beach :) :wub:

Welcome back Lisa!!!

I so agree Glam but with me it's a I hate that it gets dark so early!

Got a load of laundry going and it's the last one for this time around.
    At some point, I need to get out and see what else has to be done outside. I want it all done except pulling tomatoes off the plants. That won't happen until there is a danger of frost or it's the end of the month.
    Also on the agenda is getting up to the church to get a walk in. Wood floors are so much easier on me but if it's nice, I will walk to and from.

20. daleron

Good morning VG, Glam and JJ :wub:

Been to the store, needed a few things.