1. Giveaway Contests Page!!!

Enter to Win FREE STUFF! Contests, contests, contests!!!

Lounging on the Beach

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by jj2, Nov 18, 2015.

1. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

VG I certainly hope they get you straightened out!!

Time for brunch so CULz

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  2. Wuzznt Me

Wuzznt Me Native Florida Cracker

Got the acre mowed and some trimming of trees while I was mowing. I carry clippers and prune any branches I have to duck under on the mower. Hope they get your meds figured out soon VG.

In Florida we call that "Air you can wear" lol.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  3. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Can definitely wear the air here today. My every day "let's grill" husband even said he does not want to be anywhere near the grill tonight. :p

After all that rain a few weeks ago, I now have in ground plants begging for water. Looks like something brewing west of us about 70 miles if it doesn't break up.

• Like Like x 6
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  4. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

Air you can wear. :laugh: Here, we call it MUGGY!!! When you go outside and it hits you, it's hard to breathe.

What a day it's been. Finally got the computer to boot with the old hardware. It started doing the same thing again, but I think the problem is that some of the RAM (Memory) has gone bad. Before starting the work to change out the motherboard, I turned the PC on and it came On. :blink: Then it restarted itself twice, and it started beeping the 2nd time. This usually means bad RAM, or no RAM installed. So I pulled all of it and started testing it, one stick at a time. You can do this using the first slot. The 1st one wouldn't complete the BIOS Power On Self Test, but the other 3 did, so I cleaned the metal connector pads with a Typewrite Eraser, and tried it again.

upload_2019-7-17_15-44-21.png
    Typewriter Eraser

All 4 sticks worked, so I thought I had it fixed. I removed the motherboard and installed the new one, using all the old parts. It worked at first, but then I started having issues. This told me that something had been overheating. Played it with for a while, and thought it had to be the processor, because the RAM just worked. I tried another Power Supply, but that didn't help. I ended up pulling all the RAM again and left one stick in the first slot. Wouldn't boot. The 3rd one worked, but it's only running with 2GB, so it's very slow. However, Windows kept running, getting drivers for the new hardware, and no black screen. I just shut it off, but it has to finish getting some Windows Updates. I'm going to try to find another good RAM stick to give it 4GB so I can keep working on it, and I'll tell Greg that he needs new RAM. He has 4 sticks of 2GB each, so he needs to get 4 new ones to have all the bases covered.

8GB is plenty for Windows 7, and it works pretty good for Windows 10, too. So I think I finally have it figured out. :phew: I'm not sure if I'll try the video cards or not. They're probably OK, since the problem seems to be with the RAM, but I'm not there yet.

5. 100%VG

Guess I should have known that it wasn't over yet. I tried all 3 of the other RAM sticks with 2 sticks installed and it wouldn't boot, and now it won't even boot with the one that worked before. Maybe it is the processor. Oh well... Greg said that he was ordering two processors, so I'll have something else to try later. I'm done for the day, with the exception of letting it cool off and trying it one last time.

6. 100%VG

OK, the computer was unplugged from power for nearly an hour and a half. I put in another RAM strip, plugged it in and turned it on, and it came On. Windows started to boot and the screen froze. So it has to be that the processor overheated at some point and that damaged it, because everything that I can test separately has been done. You can't turn a PC on without a Power Supply, a Motherboard, a Video Card, a Processor and RAM, and I've eliminated the Power Supply and RAM, it's a new Motherboard with Built-In Video (exactly the same as the last one), so the Processor is all that's left.

I hope y'all have a great night! Good night, beach.

[​IMG]

7. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

The Ark was a great experience :thumbs:

• Love This! Love This! x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  8. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

You're back?!? :w00t: Glad you had a good time. What was it like?

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. jj2

Cool. Glad you got a lot out of it!!!

Been filling out the application for seniors for license plate sticker discount. Be interesting how much it will end up being since the fee was just raised. :grr:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. daleron

No we’re still in Kentucky, starting home in the morning :)

It was really neat, hard to describe. They had all kinds of cages and storage things , lots of information scattered about telling how they might have done some things like get fresh air and water. Some scenes of what daily life might have been like. Just tons of stuff.

If I can figure out how to get pictures from my phone to the computer I’ll post a couple if they’re any good.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love This! Love This! x 4
    • List
  11. jj2

Put instant messenger on the phone or Facebook and share it to one of those. From there you can download it.

12. daleron

Yeah I was trying to avoid that :blush:

13. jj2

DH had to run again today and on the way home he stopped by Pinky's (an ice cream place) and he brought the a Heath Blizzard. I think I'm ready to have some. I do little bits and only so much so it last four or five days.

• Like Like x 7
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  14. jj2

Well ya gotta share them to something so we can see them. :D

Gonna scoot so good night beach :) :wub:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  15. daleron

That was nice of him. :thumb:

I better run, gotta get up early tomorrow! Have a good night you two :wub:

16. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Nite, ladies!

Hi to lurking Mark. Thanks for sharing the baby photos. So sweet.

17. Sundrinkr

Sundrinkr Enough is as good as a feast.

67054762_2436316923072973_3756976295183908864_n.jpg

Well. On that note I'll say good night.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Well that's not the worst one.... give it a try and for sure don't drink alcohol(at least a few days) to see what the real effects are....and if you have any vitamins take them......

I can't wait to see photos Dale......

Good night everyone...

• Like Like x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  19. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

:lol: :lol: Seriously made me laugh! Thank you :wub:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  20. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

Evening (night??) beachmates :D

Got by last night and tonight (on 1st and 2nd call, respectively) without being called in :thumb:

Looking forward to some down time for the next few days! Going to get my hair did tomorrow - and it needs it!! No real plans after that. Next week working Tue thru Fri then taking a week of vacation so........ mountains!!!! I am so looking forward to going up there and chilling.

Dale - so glad you enjoyed the Ark experience!!! :wub: I'd love to see some pictures! Safe travels home.

• Love This! Love This! x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • List