Lounging on the Beach

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by jj2, Nov 18, 2015.

1. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

Good afternoon, beach people. :)

I got 35 of 40 possible points last night at pool. :w00t: I won 3 of the 4 games as they were handed to me when the other player messed up, so that's 30 points, and I got a 5 on the last game. We get 10 for a win, or how many balls we made if we lose. I'll take a 35, no matter how it comes. :laugh:

The last time I saw the doctor, I was told that if the new meds (at that time) didn't work, then I'd be advanced from the meds-based treatments and start getting something exploratory. Instead, he upped the meds again and gave me an appointment for a phone call on July 29 to get the readings. So I'm calling my LPN today to report the readings and ask for the soonest appointment I can get to see the doctor again. This shit ain't working, so I need to get something else done. I have an August 28 appt with the Cardiologist, but I'm not waiting that long!

Got a call from my brother today, wanting to know how my daughter in the New Orleans area was doing. I hadn't heard from her, so I gave him her cell number and told him to text her. I texted her when we hung up. I asked him if he got a check, too, and he said he was on his way to buy a 2012 Honda CRV. I'm so happy for him. He's been without a car for a long time. He's been saving for something for a while, but now he can get something he'll really like, and that should be reliable.

The new coil head in the TFV12 Cloud Beast has been working great with no leaking. It's only been 3 days, but I think I have the juice problem fixed now. I'll deal with e-liq.com before long now. And hey, my order from Vaping Zone came in yesterday. Wow, that was fast for an order placed late Friday, after hours. Put the flavorings in the fridge and I have box of mesh coil heads for the Prince.

That's about it for now. News at 10:00. :laugh: I hope y'all have a great day! :thumb:

• Like Like x 6
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  2. Wuzznt Me

Wuzznt Me Native Florida Cracker

Good afternoon Beachcombers. Not a lot going on around here today. I've been in kinda chill mode with some household chores thrown in. I can't seem to get enough sleep this week for some reason. Hope everybody has a bodacious Tuesday and Dale is havin a ball.

3. 100%VG

OK, News at 2:50. :laugh:

I called to speak to my LPN, but the phone kept ringing with no answer, so I called the RN and left a message. Another RN from another Team returned my call pretty quickly. Our RN left and hasn't been replaced yet, so Judy helped me. She asked a lot of questions to get familiar with me, and I gave her my BP readings. She told me what to do if I started getting symptoms, so I verified with her how to use the Mission Act if it happens after hours. She told me that she would "chart" these readings and make sure the doctor saw them, because she works on another Team.

She asked me if I was taking a particular med, and I said No, I'm taking Losartan. She said that a new med was prescribed on the 9th, but hadn't been mailed until yesterday. Wow. I told her that I wanted an appt with the doctor, so she connected me to Scheduling. I was told that there wasn't an open appt until Aug 28, so I told her that I'd do a Walk In. I'm going to take the new meds for a week, then do a Walk In and give the BP readings to the doctor. Then I'm going to demand that I start getting some exploratory work done. I need to get started with that process ASAP. My father had a heart attack, and my bother had that triple bypass, so I need to move on from meds-based treatment and find what's going on.

Judy was very helpful and did everything she could think of. I thanked her profusely and told her I was going to look her up when I make the Walk In, and give her a big hug. She laughed and said Thank You. But I'm gonna do it!

4. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Spent the morning with my friends. The one whose home where we met made a sour cream blueberry coffee cake. The Lord did not give me strength....in fact, I think the devil was egging me on.:glare: That old devil got hold of all of us this morning. It was sooooo good we all had two pieces. :evil: Now I should not eat for 3 days....but the devil will not allow that either. He is a crafty old sumbitch.:tongue:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. 100%VG

Couldn't rate that one both Funny and Agree, so here ya go, Honey. :laugh: I love your posts! :wub:

I have a laptop of Greg's that been here for a while. It was waiting for a new keyboard that came in before the storm, but I didn't want it all torn down in case the power went out, so I'll get started on that today.

• Like Like x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  6. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

Cloudy day here which makes it nice for pool time except when some of them are dark. Got my time in while watching the sky.

Salad for supper & turkey (for me), and turkey, potato, and gravy for DH.

Off to fix :)

7. Sundrinkr

Sundrinkr Enough is as good as a feast.

Hi beach. Just popped home for supper and read and liked sporadically to save time. Cat trapping tonight so I've got to get back to check cages in a bit. Set out ten cages - caught three right off the bat but some others are hanging around cautiously so hope to get a few more.

8. jj2

Been awhile since you did this. Keeping fingers crossed for ya.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  9. jj2

Done roaming around the internet so good night beach :) :wub:

10. 100%VG

It's been raining here. I'm making a big pot of Red Beans. I'm cooking the whole bag, so it'll last me a while. Added a bunch of ham from a spiral ham that I had, cut into little bite-sized bits, and added some garlic power, Italian seasoning, and some Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning.

upload_2019-7-16_19-9-43.png

If you haven't tried it yet, you should. For me, a little goes a long way.

Good Luck!

I got the laptop fixed, but it's never simple with these things. The keyboard was bowed up from the center on the left side, and some of the keys weren't working, so Greg ordered a new one. Unwrapped it and I've never seen anything like this. Apparently, it's a multilingual keyboard, with some red markings in what looks like French to me. Other things are blue instead of white. I started the installation, but it wanted to bow up, too, so I had to figure out what was happening.

Found a problem with the ribbon cable underneath the old one. It was bent in an S where it's normally not bent at all. Straightened it out by rolling it on a small screwdriver, and got it to sit right again. Turned on the laptop, and most of the keys didn't work at all. Took it apart again and had to remove the crease again, but saw that the connector clamp that holds the cable in place was broken. I rigger nigged something to hold it in place by cutting a strip out of a business card, but had to thicken it with a piece of scotch tape to make it hold tight enough. Then I had to tape the ribbon cable in place, to keep it from bending again, and insert the cut strip to make a good connection, then put it back together again. It took 4 attempts to get it right, but this fixed everything. The original keyboard is working perfectly now, and it sits right without bowing.

Jeeze Louise! If it ain't one thing, it's Ten! Kathryn used to say that, and sometimes, it's True! Glad to have this one done. Greg didn't want to return the multilingual keyboard, so he'll keep it as a spare. I wouldn't want to use it. It's too confusing. But he said that it was hard to find one at all, so he's keeping this one. Glad it's not mine.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  11. Sundrinkr

Sundrinkr Enough is as good as a feast.

Got one more kitten. Hoping to find more in the a.m. Gotta get up early and be ready to load cats at 6:00 so I can get down to the shelter and get in line as they only take the first 50 cats.

12. Glam

Yep....hoping for a good haul for you, Sun.

Baked the leftover walleye for dinner....it turned out very well.

And now I am taking myself off to the tv room. Before going, I will say good night to all...and waving at Tink and Dale if they stop in. :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

13. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Good night Beachers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Congrats of the pool..... and good luck with the new meds....

I hope you can get them all... and they will take them....

Good night Beach.......

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  15. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Good morning Beachers!

16. Wuzznt Me

Wuzznt Me Native Florida Cracker

Good morning Mark, Beach. Guess I'll do a little yard work while it's still cool this morning. Hope everybody has a great Wednesday.

17. Glam

Good morning, Beachers.

So nasty here....and not even 8 a.m. When it gets that way here, we can give Florida a run for its money as far as heaviness of air.

I plan on not going out today. We have at least 4 or 5 days of this.

Hope Sun got bunches of kitties and Dale is having a fun time and hoping everyone has a good day.:)

• Like Like x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  18. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Good morning Beach & Lifeguards.......... HHD.....

19. 100%VG

Good morning, beach people. :)

Received a motherboard for one of Greg's computers, so I'll be diving into that today. Gotta pull everything off of an installed motherboard in one of the PCs, pull the power supply, hard drives, and CD/DVD & BluRay players to get the motherboard out to replace it, and then rebuild hoping that it will boot with the built-in video. If not, he has some processors coming to try. He's looking for new video cards, since these two seem to have gone bad (at the same time). This project has really been a head scratcher. It's really weird that 2 computers went bad in the same way, at the same time.

It's been raining here daily, so the grass is too wet to mow. By the time it's dry enough, I'll prolly have to raise the cutting deck to get through it, and then mow it again like regular. Guess I'll split that up into a 2-3 day project.

The new BP med is Hydralazine 10mg, 2X/day. Got it yesterday evening and took the first one. It's a tiny little pill with some pretty nasty side effects. I usually don't suffer from side effects, with swelling being the only one, so I'll be watching this one. This makes 5 pills that I'm taking for BP, including a diuretic. No changes yet, so I'll play the game for a week and then Walk In to see the doctor.

[​IMG] :rofl:

• Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  20. jj2

Definitely not doing outdoor stuff except the pool. Problem is I need to work on the weed problem. The good news is hubs has sprayed the weed killer so most are dying!

Good morning beach :) :wub:

I need to dust and don't wanna. :glare: