1. Giveaway Contests Page!!!

Enter to Win FREE STUFF! Contests, contests, contests!!!

Lounging on the Beach

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by jj2, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

That's wonderful about Grover..... yes the V will help ease the ride.... as long as your there he will be fine.....
    Good night Beach..........

2. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Good morning Beachers!

3. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

Good morning beachmates :wub:

Good morning Mark :wub:

Crappy night :nah:

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

Morning Mark, Dale, and beachmates to follow :D

Dale, sorry you had a bad night :(

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  5. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Good morning, Beachers.

Tongue check up with the doctor this morning. Am sitting here eating leftover Chinese for breakfast, so that means Asian garlic breath awaits the tongue doctor.:D

Meeting friends early evening at a sushi restaurant in a neighboring town....they also do burgers. Otherwise hubs would starve. ;)

Housework also on the agenda....but that is a given.

Hope your day is better than your night, Dale.

Stormed here in the night....otherwise no rain in the forecast today. Hope you all have a sunny day also.:)

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Good morning Beach & Lifeguards.........
    :laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl:

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  7. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

I took a couple days off... I need some down time.....

8. Wuzznt Me

Wuzznt Me Native Florida Cracker

Good morning all. Going to bbq a slab of St Louis style ribs today. Future MIL is coming for dinner tonight. We've been trying to make that a regular thing on Thursday. Got to go get water softener salt and bathe JDawg with some medicated shampoo. The weather here for the foreseeable future is hot and dry. Mid 90s and no rain in sight. Any mowing has to be done early in the morning while the grass is still damp instead of crunchy when you walk across it. Need to do the Church and our Debary home tomorrow morning. Hope everybody has a great Friday Eve. We don't have any big weekend plans but I'm sure something will come up lol.

• Like Like x 8
    • Love This! Love This! x 2
    • List
  9. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Training at work all day today then going home to mow.

• Like Like x 7
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  10. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

It poured like crazy last night with a whole lot of thunder boomers. Tink would have been in seventh heaven.

Dropping in to say good morning :) :wub: and then heading out to get some stuff done. One thing is planting another tomato plant. Pretty sure I did one of mine in and I do want three.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. Reddhott

Reddhott A reddhot mess of a blip! Contest Organizer

happy thursday folks........

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

Good afternoon, beach people. :)

I have a VA appointment in Longview, Texas on June 5 that I'm trying to get a ride for. The VA is supposed to help vets that are in with the DAV for such events, but they haven't helped me for anything out of town yet. It's for a hearing checkup, so it's not really a big deal. The hospital here used to have a great hearing section, but they closed it. I'm not driving the car that far, so if they can't help me get there, it's going to have to wait until I get the transmission fixed. I have a call in for a return call to see if the VA can get me there. If not, I'll see if I can have it scheduled with a clinic here in town. Otherwise, everything is going pretty good today.

upload_2019-5-23_13-43-11.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 2
    • List
  13. jj2

They won't outsource it to local?
    Just the last year+ they have been great about doing that for DH.

Done until the sun starts going down and then will get that tomato plant in the ground. Pizza for supper!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. 100%VG

So, after speaking on the phone for a while with my VA Social Worker (who is the person that helps with such things), I asked about getting the appointment scheduled with a hearing clinic here in town. She said that it depends on what the appointment is for, and that the VA Hosp. here has a hearing clinic again, which could help with some things. I was told to call the number on my appointment sheet to find out what the appointment was for (there were two possibilities mentioned), so I did. The appt was for a hearing aid repair pickup. :blink: I have hearing aids that I don't use, and I've never needed to have them serviced, so it was decided that the appt must have been put in wrong. :laugh: I called my Social Worker back to give her the report and thanked her for everything. I did get some good information from her, should the need for a ride come up again. :)

15. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Our friends cancelled our dinner date with them tonight due to sickness, so hubs who was going to take off early for that came on home and started mowing. He has to mow between rain storms.

Damnation! :glare: Now I have to worry about what's for dinner.
    No sushi for me. :cry:

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

Evening beachmates :D

We got to the mountains around 3:00. Grover did great on the drive! Started out in his carrier and he cried nonstop. Once we got on the road (after stopping for gas) I let him out and he laid on a pillow on my lap the whole way. He tried to get ‘loose’ from me several times but I couldn’t let him bc Hayden was in the back. For the most part he was calm and quiet.

After we got here he walked around the house, over and over, meowing. He must have walked from one end to the other 50 times. I had to crash for a few minutes since he got me up so early, so I took a nap. When I woke up he was asleep on hub’s lap :). Now he is lying on my lap :thumb: I wouldn’t say he is comfortable yet, but he is doing a lot better than I thought he would, praise God! And he has eaten a couple of times since we’ve been here.

Hope you are all having a good Thur :wub: Sorry your dinner plans got cancelled, Glam. Better that than catching whatever they had. Hubs had a stomach bug earlier this week (as did Wuzz) so something is going around. There are advantages to being a hermit :tongue:

• Love This! Love This! x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  17. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

Good late evening beachmates, long azz day :blink:

Been home long enough to bathe but no supper yet, after seeing what DH made I’ll be preparing my own supper :laugh:

Glad Grover is doing well and VG got his appointment squared away, sorry your plans got canceled Glam :(

• Like Like x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  18. jj2

Aw poor baby. Just go for something simple and dream of sushi in your future.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. jj2

Glad he made the trip so well and he is getting use to his second home. :)

I'm all for being a hermit which is probably why I love online shopping. Anything to avoid having to go into a store.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. 100%VG

Tink,
    So glad to see that your trip went pretty well for you and Grover, and that he seems to be adapting well. Hoping that the rest of your getaway is wonderful and relaxing for you!
    :wub:

My cable tv box has been acting up fairly frequently with the video freezing, no sound, and a popup message saying that the channel will be back shortly. When I first moved here, I didn't have a cable box. I was offered the box because my sound would cut out frequently for a brief time, but the video never froze. The freezing now makes it seem like the problem is in the box, so I asked to have it replaced again. Today makes my 3rd box. It's working OK right now (but the old one worked OK today, too), so I'm gonna watch it for a while.

According to a technician, the boxes they carry in the truck are all refurbished/repaired, so I asked for a brand new box 3 times when I reported it yesterday. I didn't get a new one, so if it happens again, I'm going to try to get them to order me a brand new one. Also, at my rental house, the technicians would replace the cable to the house fairly often, but this one is older (I can tell by the look of it). So if I keep having trouble, I'll also ask to have the cable from the pole to the house replaced. None of this costs me anything, so it can't hurt to try it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List