1. Giveaway Contests Page!!!

Enter to Win FREE STUFF! Contests, contests, contests!!!

Lounging on the Beach

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by jj2, Nov 18, 2015.

1. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

Well his heart was in the right place. Roast can wait until tomorrow which means very little work for you on a work day. :thumbs:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. jj2

Caught up so I'm a gonna scoot. Good night beach :) :wub:

3. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

Good night JJ :wub:

Good night beachmates :wub:

4. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

Hello, Beach people, :)

An Update:

Mom passed away on Saturday at 1:00, about 20 minutes before we got there. My sister from up there was on the phone with us constantly, giving updates. When Mom's breathing started getting shallow, but Mom was still conscious, my sister called each of us kids and we got to talk to her, giving us some closure that way. We all agreed that it was enough for all of us. Mom went peacefully and she was ready to go, so that's about all that anyone could ask for.

Mom wanted to be cremated, so there will be no funeral. The cremation is allowing for flexibility with plan making, so it has been decided that the Memorial Service will be next Sunday at 2:00, at the church that Mom attended. Next Sunday was decided on to allow for more people to get there, as some are coming from other states, and the most people's schedules could be accommodated this way. My sister from Oklahoma and her husband got there Friday night at about 9:30, and they are staying all week. Her son and his wife will arrive next Saturday. Her daughter is doing Mission work as a nurse in Central Asia, so she cannot come. My brother is coming from Dallas, there's other family (my cousins) in Tennessee and Florida, and others (family and Mom's friends) are coming from all over Louisiana, including my daughter and her kids. My son is working in Iraq, but his son is coming. My sister from here, her husband, and I came back home this evening, as they have to work, and we are going back up on Friday evening, leaving here at 5:30. It's going to be a pretty large gathering.

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

My sincerest sympathies for your loss. take comfort that she went peacefully........

Good night Beach....

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  6. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

I’m sorry for your loss but I am glad she went in peace and you also have peace about it. I’m sure you will enjoy being around so many family and friends, even though it is under sad circumstances. (((hugs)))

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  7. daleron

Good morning beachmates :wub:

Sorry you didn’t get there in time dear :( Glad she went peacefully . (((Hugs))) And Prayers

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  8. Sundrinkr

Sundrinkr Enough is as good as a feast.

Vg - I'm glad you got to talk to your mama one last time. So very sorry for you. Losing a mama is so hard and I am thinking of you.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  9. Sundrinkr

Sundrinkr Enough is as good as a feast.

Good morning beach! Good but short sleep. A little shopping to do today and then some things around here. I've got to haul full waste cans to the curb for yard waste tomorrow. Don't want to do that in the dark tonight!

10. daleron

Good morning Sun :wub:

11. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Good morning Beach & Lifeguards......... it's Munday!!!.........

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Good morning, Beachers.

Sorry to read about your mom's passing @100%VG, but it sounds like the conditions were good considering the circumstances. And it will be nice to see so much family, all together to share memories.

Another beautiful day here.....was supposed to go with my girl friends on our yearly annuals plants shopping trip in May, but they are getting antsy to plant....so maybe will go this week. I am thinking it might be too early, but will go with the flow.

No plans for today.....got my American Idol fix in early, so now I have no excuse to not get my daily house chores done.

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  13. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

Good morning, beach people. :)

Thanks for your love and notes, everyone!
    :wub: I hope you have a good Monday. :thumb:

• Like Like x 4
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  14. jj2

Deciding when to do the garden. End of month or beginning of May but its stuff that goes in the ground. I'd be leery of anything else.

Good morning beach :) :wub:

Pool day and running on an even earlier schedule since I'm getting a hair cut before heading over.

VG I'm really sorry about your mom but it was peaceful. Hugs and enjoy your family.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  15. Reddhott

Reddhott A reddhot mess of a blip! Contest Organizer

[​IMG]

16. Reddhott

Reddhott A reddhot mess of a blip! Contest Organizer

[​IMG]

• Love This! Love This! x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. daleron

Good evening beachmates :)

Elly is addicted to peanut butter chew bones and we’re out, she’s driving me nuts about it :rolleyes:

18. jj2

Have hubby pick some up on the way home.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  19. daleron

He’d never find them, I have a hard time. I’d order from amazon but dang they’re high 8-o

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. jj2

I guess he wouldn't ask for help?
    Well then, if he is like hubs then he won't-----he's a guy after all!!! :laugh: