1. Help Support to Vaping Blips This Holiday Season!

When Shopping on Amazon or eBay, Please Use the Links at the Right Side of Each Page

1. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

When I went outside to put the hounds to bed last night, Mavis was lying in one of the natural areas. She wouldn't get up. Hubs and I took her to the emergency vet. She had a tumor in her abdomen that had ruptured and was bleeding. The vet said she believed Mavis probably had a lot of tumors. It is likely those times she was acting 'off' a tumor was bleeding but then stopped. We had to put her to sleep.

47453910_310984556184681_7171885022499045376_n.jpg

47155894_2175537389147197_2516630138561495040_n.jpg

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 8
    • List
  2. Wuzznt Me

Wuzznt Me Native Florida Cracker

Sure sorry to hear this Tink. I know how attached you are to your dogs. You did the right thing by her. We had a similar experience with our Rottie but we at least knew it was coming. It's not going to be easy on the other dog either.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  3. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

Good morning beach :) :wub:

Sort of busy around here today. Setting up the house for the kids by myself since DH had a doctor thing. He should return but not until after I get Izzy down for a nap. Once he is home, I get run up and help with the food bank.
    Lasagna is ready to be put in the oven. My preference when I have the kids. Both love it and I have happy eaters. That includes DH.

4. jj2

Sort of what happened with Buddie. Really no notice and the whole thing was a shock to me. Took a long time to recover from it.
    I'm so sorry that you and family have to go through this. bear sympathy hug.jpg

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  5. jj2

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

Good morning, (barely), beach people. :)

My friend is supposed to come over today and help with the projects.

7. jj2

Change of plans. Pi started coughing and developed a runny nose. It started yesterday but thought it was because she was in the therapy pool and the jets were running. The bubbles tend to make everyone sneeze.
    Anyway no kids headed this way and I need to be up there in about an hour.
    Son was planning on leaving work anyway to help. He will head home and take care of the kids and DIL will come help.

Have a good day everyone.

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Reddhott

Reddhott A reddhot mess of a blip! Contest Organizer

happy afternoon my friends
    hope all r doin well....snowin and cold here burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  9. Reddhott

i am so sorry to hear that!:( (((hugs))) keeping u in my prayers.:nun: its so hard to lose someone u love so!:love:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  10. Reddhott

[​IMG]

• Love This! Love This! x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

Good evening beach :) Tired and achey cold and rainy for the next few days.

Oh Tink how awful! I’m so so sorry for your loss :cry:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  12. Sundrinkr

Sundrinkr Enough is as good as a feast.

Oh no, your beautiful girl! I am so distraught for you to read this. I'm so sorry, Tink.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  13. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Tink, sorry for the loss of your girl.

Mavis.jpg

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  14. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

I'm so sorry, Tink.
    It's been said already, but you did do the right thing. I know that doesn't make it any easier- a loss still hurts.
    I'll keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  15. jj2

OMG I am bone tired. I got up there a bit before one and I was on my lonesome until DIL showed up. No one else showed up until about 4:30 and then only two people. Around five a couple more arrived. Then a kid that had to do community service. I hightailed it out of there at the point---or I should say I dragged myself out.
    Good thing I had the lasagna ready for the oven or it would have been a do for yourself night.
    Son just breezed through. He was head up to the church to relieve DIL and deal with what is left--believe me that is a job unto itself. DIL is going home to collapse.

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  16. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

Wow JJ, rough day eh? :(

You might have to do what I’m going to do and plan an early night ;)

Now that I’m warm again I’m incredibly sleepy so going to call it an early night, good night beach :wub:

Dear Tinker (((Hugs)))!

• Like Like x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  17. jj2

Night Dale..............sleep tight.

18. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Hi and bye, Dale. Sorry you have to freeze your patootie of all day.

jj - I am so sorry there are not more people involved. I wish I knew why this is the case. Perhaps others have not been in that position before and can't understand. Some people just can't relate, I think.

Unless you have had a job where you have had to wait on unappreciative, entitled folks that treat you like a low class servant, it's hard to understand. Unless you have cleaned other people's toilets for a living it is hard to understand. Unless you have had to resort to sleeping on friends' couches it's hard to understand. Maybe there are not enough people who have had to live on the edge around there? I sort of doubt it, because they are everywhere, so the reason that people can't give a small part of their time eludes me.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  19. jj2

What is irritating is people start showing up 60-90 minutes early. They come in, sign in, and sit and wait.
    Why not volunteer to help? :huh:

Think I'm gonna scoot so good night Lisa, all who surf through, and beach. :) :wub:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  20. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

nite-nite, jj. -and yes, if they are partaking of services, might they not want to pitch in, or are they just going to sit on their asses and watch the scant number of volunteers??????? Maybe a large sign of some sort might guilt some people into helping.

Not everybody is like that.

I recently went to Aldi to do some shopping. For anyone who has not been to one of their stores: one of the ways they keep prices low is they way they manage shopping carts. The carts are chained together right by the store and you release a cart by inserting a quarter into a slot built into the cart. When you are done with the cart, you take it back up to the store, attach your cart back via the chain to the next cart, and your quarter is ejected. I keep an "Aldi quarter" in my console just for that purpose.

About a month ago I was unloading my cart into my trunk and a gentleman approached me, asking if he could run my cart back and keep the quarter. I said "sure". I then tactfully asked questions (probably too many, lol) about his situation; "What's going on? Are you ok?". I can't help it, I just want to know. He was laid off from NASA a few years ago. Then, his wife had cancer. All their assets were drained because of her treatments, and ultimately she died. He can't get employment now because he is right at retirement age. No embellishment, no begging, just answered my questions very articulately, only wanted 25 cents. I've lived/worked in enough places to know that this was not a scam or "I need a drink/fix/whatever".

I gave him every bill in my wallet. He cried actual tears and sobbed and hugged me, and said, "I just want something decent to eat, you don't know what this means to me". After the encounter, I watched him for a while........moved my car to a side street to watch.....I'm a softie but am not stupid . He seemed energized, literally running carts up to the store. L

I told my husband about this and he cried a little, too. There are so many people out there like this.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 10:55 PM
    • Love This! Love This! x 8
    • List