Lounging on the Beach

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by jj2, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Good morning Beach & lifeguards......
    Another short day for me so that means I will be headed to the spa again...

2. Sundrinkr

Sundrinkr Enough is as good as a feast.

Thank you Dale. Good day to you also. It is foggy here this morning. Really high dewpoint! I love looking out at the woods wreathed in tendrils of fog. Not so good for painting outdoors though lol. I did a quick out, spray, and brought the piece right back in to dry on the counter. It kept it from fogging up and it will dry much faster inside the house.

I messed up the top of the head yesterday - messed it up bad, too. I had signed the head on the inside and sprayed over it. Some spray got underneath and onto the mat I had the head sitting on. The mat adhered to the head and had to be scraped off. Everything came off in that area, right down to the plaster. FM! I got it fixed and she won't ever know, but it just goes to show how delicate this piece is.

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Good morning, Beachers. Hope you all have a nice Thursday.

Glad you got the skull fixed, Sun. Bet you were a little nervous there for a bit. :)

I did not come on last night....was tired after dinner, and hubs was in a very talkative mood, so we sat and talked and watched tv news. I know he likes it when I join him in the living room, but several nights a week he has on sports which bore me so I stay in front of the computer or read.

Not much going on here today....I need to do some laundry. Want vs need....a continuing laundry dilemma here. :)

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  4. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Good morning Dale, Sun, Blue, Glam, and Beachers yet to arrive! Hope y'all have an awesome day!!!

• Like Like x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • List
  5. Wuzznt Me

Wuzznt Me Native Florida Cracker

Good morning Beach. Maqhi and me have been walking in the mornings last few daze. Starts the day off great and we get to talk a lot about things. She's got to take her sister to the airport this afternoon and then pick me up at about 6:30 for the theater. Going to see a comedy I can't remember the name of but one we've been wanting to see. Not much online time these days since I'm busy running back and forth between the two houses.
    Glad you got it fixed. Hopefully it will cure a little more with time. Lot of difference in drying time and curing. It really looks awesome.

6. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

Good morning beach :) :wub:

Sun glad to hear the boo boo can be fixed!

Today is set up food pantry day so it's busy busy. Tomorrow it will be busy around here but won't involve me which is the way I like it. :D

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  7. jj2

Oh Glam. I understand them getting into the talk mode. Hubs has been like that for the last few days. Glad you love it and frankly it's getting on the nerves at this point. Guess I should have expected it since I've taken a step into part of his world that he loves.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  8. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

Good morning, beach people. :)

9. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

Afternoon beachmates :D

I'm sitting here procrastinating on getting ready for the mountains :laugh: There are several things I need to do but it feels so good to sit and relax! I finished making the ornaments for the craft show around 3:30 this morning (except for making the hooks - I am taking the supplies to do that in the mountains). I have a total of 40 ornaments, 24 pairs of earrings, and 2 small pendants. I think that's all I'm going to do. I still need to make the little cards to hold the earrings but I don't think (??) that will take too much time.

We are leaving tonight after hubs gets off of work, not returning until Monday. I am really looking forward to it!! :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Love This! Love This! x 4
    • List
  10. jj2

Excited for you. Let us know how the craft show went!!!

Time for me to get in the go mode so CULz

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  11. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Tink....be safe and enjoy your get-a-way.

I cooked up some arborio rice this afternoon since I had some pork broth left from last night's roast. I ate too much of the rice....it was so good.

Now I look and feel 9 months pregnant. I think the rice is still expanding.:eek::facepalm:

Made one of these yesterday in the crock pot....hubs and I both thought it was some of the best pork we had ever had. Melt in your mouth tender with a great fresh flavor. We bought it from the frozen food department at Menards....a home improvement store. :D It did improve our home...at least for a couple of meals.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 3:11 PM
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  12. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

Good afternoon beach! :D Earliest I remember getting home in I don’t know when!

Sounds like everyone is having a good day ... except for Sun’s scare :eek:

13. jj2

:w00t:

Not so early for me. Got up there and it was just me and DIL until a little after four. We did manage to get the main area done. The late arrivals dug in getting the stuff done in the other room. It's the easier of the two so hopefully DIL will get a break before it starts.
    Lasagna for supper. Catching up here and then getting it in the oven. Already made so it's an easy fix for me and both kids love it.

14. daleron

They came late on purpose didn’t they :glare:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. daleron

Good night quiet beach :wub:

16. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

Night Dale :wub: Enjoy your day off tomorrow!

We got here at 9. Got stuff taken care of ( ie, gas logs on high LOL and mutts settled in) and now just relaxing :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  17. jj2

Nah. They came after getting off work. The change from Tuesday to Thursday and school starting up put the hurts on us in many ways.

Pi helped me unbox and stack. Here she is helping mom.

Pi helping.GIF

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  18. jj2

Night beach :) :wub:

19. Reddhott

Reddhott A reddhot mess of a blip! Contest Organizer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  20. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Sounds like most had a good day....
    I did too... I made it to the spa this afternoon...and hopefully I will again tomorrow....
    Good night Beach..........

• Like Like x 5
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List