Lounging on the Beach

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by jj2, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Wuzznt Me

Wuzznt Me Native Florida Cracker

Good morning Darlin, Mark and Tink if she's not laying around gorging on muffins. :D
    I've got an eye exam this morning to get new glasses. Got to get my driver license renewed next week and I've got a feeling I'm going to have a glasses restriction for the first time. Don't know how I passed the test last time without one. I've been renewing by mail for over 10 years.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  2. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Good morning Wuzz (and others as they hit the beach). At work waiting for meeting attendees to all gather. I’m generally not thrilled with people who are late for meetings that are scheduled well in advance.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  3. Wuzznt Me

They're the same people that go through a ten item lane at the grocery store with a cart full, take up two parking spaces, etc. No respect for anybody else's time but their own.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Good morning, Beachers.

Not much going on in north central Illinois. Our grass has turned brown and crunchy since no rain for almost a month. We had a 100% chance yesterday.....LOL, we got three tenths of an inch. Very little help there. So watch out....no rain makes for a bitchy Glam.:mad:;)

Good day wishes coming at all. :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

Can get away with renewing by mail every other time so next time, I'm going to have to go in. Before I'll probably have to have new glasses. Totally hate wearing them.

Good morning beach :) :wub:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  6. jj2

Been about a week and a half. For the first time, a few days ago, we had to add water to the pool because mother nature wasn't providing what was needed. Had to mainly because of the chemical kill we did to the pool. I kept the solar cover off so the sun could burn off the chlorine. Solar cover stops the evaporation of water.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

Good morning, beach people. :)

I think I just found my house!!! :woot: It's a brick house on a slab in a quiet neighborhood. There are 3 BR, 1 Bath in 1025 heated sq ft with a carport and a 12x20 shed in the back yard. I'm meeting with my realtor at 2:00 to get the ball rolling.

• Love This! Love This! x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Prayers and fingers crossed

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  9. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Hi, beach. :) Lunch break. Hummus, crackers, cheese, carrots, pickle.

I know, the ice cream. I lost a lot of weight a while back, too much, and it helps put it back on. Prior to this, I probably only ate ice cream 10 times in 10 years. I don't really like it by itself, but with a cone involved or with pie, that's another story. I'm to the point now where I need to be cutting back, lol.

-or don't use a turn signal until they are actually in the middle of the turn, or don't use it at all----which is, by my calculation, about 80% of the people down here. I truly don't think this is an exaggeration. You can't blame it on Florida, because in this county we're mostly from somewhere else. Add the ubiquitous u-turn (legal in just about any location) to that, with people turning right on red that should be yielding to the u-turner, and it gets really fun!!!!!

*daily bitch session now over* :)

Wow! It's been a long time since it was that dry there, right? I remember one year (2005, 2006, 2007 maybe?) where we didn't get much rain at all in the spring.....a tiny bit in May and then it didn't rain at all, not one drop, until late August. My water bill was huge due to the garden.

Hope you get some soon, and not just the kind that blows in and leaves....one of those all day/all night deals.

Oh - I hope this is it! And, having a garage here in a hot place, I'm thinking a carport and shed would be even better. My garage really cooks, and never really cools down after you pull a hot car in there. Brick would be great, too. I don't see much of that here, on houses of any age.

Fingers crossed!!!!!

• Like Like x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  10. Glam

Hubs is going to be so surprised and happy! I made cookies. Hope he does not now expect that on a weekly basis.:rolleyes:;)

Yes, Lisa....we had a terrible summer a few years ago....I was out watering every night...even watered the established trees. Our spring rains never came, and it started getting dry in May. Driest I have ever seen it in Illinois. I remember bitching on the forum about all the time spent watering. That was back when we had lots of people posting and I could not keep up. So it was later than 2011 as that was when I joined ECF.

11. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

Sign ups are still open for the 2018-2019 Vaping Blips Fantasy Football League
    http://vapingblips.com/threads/2018-19-vb-fantasy-football-league.6426/
    New players are VERY welcome! Last year was my first year playing and it was a blast! The more experienced players are always willing to help and the god-natured rivalries were a lot of fun!
    To sign up or ask questions, just pop by.
    Have a great day!!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. Wuzznt Me

Heading out for the evening again.... Leave the light on but don't wait up. :D

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  13. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

Good afternoon beach, week is done! :thumb:

Oh ... got those ear drops today ... teeny tiny bottle was 65 dollars :shock: That was after a discount, was 96 dollars :shock::shock:

• Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 3
    • List
  14. daleron

Have fun. ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  15. daleron

Oh I hope so! :w00t:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  16. Glam

Hope things go your way this time....good luck. :)

Hey, Dale.....happy weekend!:D Some of these meds are really out of line.:(

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. jj2

Wow!!! I so hope this works out!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  18. jj2

DH just got back from a doctor's appt. I had him stop by Aldi's on the way back so he is tuckered. Wants soup or something lite for supper. Don't know what I'll have yet. Might go for BLT again. :D

19. daleron

Hi Glam :wub: Happy weekend indeed :w00t: Week wasn’t really too bad though :)
    Going out to lunch tomorrow with my best friend too :thumb:

It’s terrible what the pharmaceutical companies are doing to us commoners :blink: When I finally dropped the cholesterol medicine it was costing us 230 dollars a month. Then WM turns around and sells this stuff for 4 bucks .... something wrong with this picture :rollseyes:

All that bacon is bad for you :sneaky:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. jj2

True. I do limit it to five pieces--thin sliced. Hey I could eat a lot more with absolutely no problem.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List