1. New Contest - OneStop DIY Time To Get Spooky!!!

Thank You Reddhott Contests, contests, contests!!!

Lounging on the Beach

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by jj2, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Good morning, Beachers.:)

Packing up to go see sis today....been frying morels this morning as she loves them too. They do not travel very well as they are best right out of the skillet, crunchy and hot, but she will appreciate them anyway. A reheated fried morel is better than no morel.

See you later, and may you all have a good day....hopefully, Dale's will be short, and Tink's sleep will be long. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Love This! Love This! x 2
    • List
  2. Sundrinkr

Sundrinkr Enough is as good as a feast.

Good morning beach! I just barely got that in before noon.

Bela is still eating, drank 21 ml of water, peed 4 clumps. no poop. I've been pressure washing while the sun was out, became stormy so I came in, now it is sunny again. Staying in. I need a nap.

I just went back to let him out for a bit and he was in the litter box so I closed the door. Checked it a minute later and 2 more pee clumps and two little turds! Yay!!! Maybe he is on the road to recovery. In any case, I'm going to be keeping him alone in my bedroom for several days, with socialization hour mid day and evening.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love This! Love This! x 4
    • List
  3. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

Use to freeze and then cook when MIL came to visit. Again not near as good as fresh but better than not having any.

Good morning beach. :) :wub:

Not much planned for the day except the Wellness Center pool and keeping an eye on ours---water gets six or so more degrees warmer and I can start swimming here! :w00t:

And the usual here. Catch up, fix brunch, and head out the door.

4. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

Good morning, beach people. :)

Have a great Wednesday! :thumb:

5. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

Good afternoon beach :)

Gonna try for a nap ....

6. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

This is interesting. Listen to the audio and tell me what you hear. I played it and heard 'Laurel' while hubs and son heard 'Yanny'.

7. Glam

I heard Laurel. Sounded nothing like Yanny to me.

Visit with sis was good. She ate the whole plate full of morels. :D

Now gotta figure out what's for dinner....maybe tacos, maybe grilled brats. Hubs' choice.

8. jj2

Good to see you made it home early!

Back and recovering. Pushed hard today and now I'm thinking that I'm getting to old for this!! :shock:

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  9. jj2

Laurel

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. jj2

Yep. Decided this yesterday.

11. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

No clue ;)

Glad you had a good visit :thumb:

Thanks, I was happy :)

Think I’m getting too old for butchering :facepalm: Don’t have a lot of job choices though :huh:

We got rain! Hard rain, lost satellite but was worth it :thumbs: Off to bathe now :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  12. Glam

Good for needed rain. :banana:

Hubs is out grilling brats.....our grocery store sells 5 or 6 different flavors....he loves the pineapple, I like the jalapeno/cheddar. I made an old fashioned kidney bean salad for him. My sister's best friend, who visits her with me and has become a good friend of mine, put herself through college making pies. She made a pecan pie and sent it home with me for hubs....he has been salivating ever since he saw it. ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Glam

Wow....nobody wants sand in their toes tonight.:(

Guess I will just sit here in the sand and sing.....

"All by myself.....don't wanna be all by myself, any more."

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  14. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

I'm here, Glam :kissing2:

Pecan pie sounds fantastic.

I heard "Yanny". Then I listened hard for "Laurel"----and could hear it in the bottom register, like a monster kind of voice..... just like the one guy in the video said he did.

:lol::lol::lol:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  15. Glam

Hi, Lisa.....:wub:

Hubs let me have a bite...it was really delish. Of course, I love pecan pie...warm with ice cream.:)

Guess it depends on your hearing ability. I did not hear anything but Laurel....but my ears are getting old.:rolleyes:

What did you do today?

16. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Went to the allergist, then went to see an attorney to have various documents modified - will, etc.

17. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

How is your sister doing? Did they get the yeast thing worked out?

Edit - just realized how that must sound to someone who doesn't know what's been going on :laugh:

18. Glam

The nurse at the rehab center is taking my sis to a gynecologist on Friday. She is still having a problem...they are putting creams on her and giving her prescription meds for it, but nothing is helping.

Thanks for asking....I am thinking her immune system must be shit because she has had one UTI after another, and they have pumped her full of antibiotics every time.

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. jj2

Been having trouble with the internet. Just now if fact. Had to reboot the router to get it back. Anyway just talked to them and they are sending someone out tomorrow.
    Hopefully they get the problem taken care of.

Me. I just got to remember to lug the phone with me until I get the call from the service guy saying he/she is on the way.

Had Tacos. Had the meat all fixed and stored in the freezer. Enough for one more time around.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 2
    • List
  20. Glam

What did the allergist tell you, Lisa...anything you can do to help the symptoms?