1. New Contest

Ms Brew's Make Me Laugh Event! Thanks Redd Hott!!!

Contests, contests, contests!!!

Lounging on the Beach

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by jj2, Nov 18, 2015.

1. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Well... today when I got to work it was 7 degrees. At least it's going in the right direction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 8
    • Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 2
    • List
  2. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

Good morning Tinker :wub:

Hey, I get confused too :laugh: Especially when someone messes with my day off! :glare:

Good morning Stone :wub:
    You have a good day too :)

3. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

Morning beachmates :D

Home all safe and sound :) The roads are bad (esp the secondary roads) but are passable if you take your time. Happy to be off for a few days :thumb:

Hope you all have a great day! Those of you at work, I hope it passes quickly.

• Like Like x 7
    • Love This! Love This! x 4
    • List
  4. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

Glad you’re home safely and have some time off. :)

Have a good day all :)

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Wuzznt Me

Wuzznt Me Native Florida Cracker

Good morning Mark, Darlin, Stone, Tink and all the beachblips on their way. It was 27 on my carport and only 66 in the house when I got up. Low 50s for a high today but then the slow climb starts back to the 70s. Where Florida is supposed to be. You'd think the power grid would be strong enough for everybody to turn on heat by now but no. I've got power but the news says a lot of folks don't. N ot sure what I'm going to do today beside keeping the fire roaring but I don't believe it will involve going out for much beside firewood.
    Glad you made it home safe and sound. Hope my son does after his shift. Detroit is a mess.

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  6. Glam

Glam Technically challenged beach blip.

Good morning, Beachers.

Happy to read you are home safe and sound, Tink. :)

Safe wishes for your son, Wuzz....my daughter and family live about 50 miles north of Detroit so probably not real good there either. (As usual in the winter.:() I worry about her and son-in-law who both drive quite a way to work on the bad roads.

Hubs said it was so cold at the pig ranch this morning that half the group decided to sleep in and forget going out. Going to wait for the afternoon thaw.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • List
  7. Wuzznt Me

Your daughter must have been close to that meteor then. The news said it was about40 miles ne of Detroit. Just hope my son isn't riding the ambulance this morning.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  8. Glam

Had not heard about the meteor.....going to research.

9. Wuzznt Me

I saw it on the news yesterday morning. Son said he didn't know anything about it either. It happened about 8 pm

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Glam

Meteor was northwest of the city....guess it was heard coming through the atmosphere in the surrounding states. And the light was blinding. And left lots of debris. Unusual for Michigan.

The boom caused windows to rattle and houses to shake....a 2.0 magnitude earthquake.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  11. Glam

Hubs found two good sized (half of softball) meteor pieces in our yard last summer. Big enough to hurt his mower if he had not seen them. And big enough to have hurt our heads if they had come through the roof. :eek:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Good morning Beach & Lifeguards.......stay safe & warm today everyone....I am taking a friend to some appts......Have a great Thursday!!!...

13. Reddhott

Reddhott A reddhot mess of a blip! Contest Organizer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  14. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

Good morning, beach people. :)

I've had the water running for a day and a half because of the freezing temps. Finally, a high of 42° today. Then we'll start getting moving into non-freezing nights with highs in the mid 40s. The new AC hardly shuts off before it comes on again, but it's doing a great job of keeping my setting of 76°. :phew: :thumb:

• Like Like x 7
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  15. Glam

LOL....someone obviously knows cats. However, in my house, because of static electricity, the cats are scared to let us pet them in the winter. Every time I touch them sparks fly, their hair stands up, and they run. :unsure:

16. Glam

Morning, VG. :)

76!!!! No wonder it runs so much.....ours is at 67. Eventually you are going to be very well done. :tongue:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Wuzznt Me

I keep putting wood on the fire until the temp reaches 78-80. Don't care if I stew till tender.

18. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

Mornin', Honey, :wub:

I had it that high for the sub-32° night. We got down to 9° last night and this old house (built in the 40s) is very drafty! . I'll be putting it back on 74°. You must either be used to the cold or you wear a sweater in the house.

19. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

Set at 74 during the day. Somewhere around ten o'clock it goes down to 66/68 until about eight in the morning.
    Even during the day it does not run constantly at the coldest of temps. When we did the siding, we had it wrapped in Tyvek and then redid the windows a few years ago.

Good afternoon beach :) :wub:

I just heard about the meteor and I would have loved to seen it. Just hope no one was hurt.

20. Glam

No....just my everyday normal winter clothes.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • List