Labels what do you do?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Bigdaddybrink1, May 25, 2015.

1. Bigdaddybrink1

Bigdaddybrink1 Recovering Alcoholic blip

I've been really gettin into the whole DIY scene lately and am enjoying it more than I ever expected!! which is freakin awesome. But here's my problem, I don't seem to have any labels aside from writing on the bottle with sharpie. I once saw someone using the Avery mailing labels. But I'm wondering what ya'll use???

2. Ld3441

Ld3441 Blessed blip!

Hey BDB! Glad you are enjoying DIY, it can be quite rewarding. :)

For me, I just put a cheap label on my bottles I get from walmart and write what is in the bottle. I am too lazy for fancy labels and besides it changes so often it would be a waste to me. I know many others do print labels and hopefully some will chime in on what they use.

3. Bigdaddybrink1

any chance you gotta link or pic of the labels so i can reference??

and yes i love DIY'ing. I wish I wlda done it a long time ago!!!

4. Ld3441

Ld3441 Blessed blip!

5. Bigdaddybrink1

hahaha that's awesome. UM....when you said 'cheap' i thought you meant cheaper than what i posted....yours look HIGH DOLLAR!! hahahahaha j/k but for real the ones you buy are more expensive.

6. Bigdaddybrink1

7. Ld3441

Ld3441 Blessed blip!

I don't know if online is more on these or if it is a typo. I only pay $3 for mine. LOL
    Yea, I'm cheap when it comes to labels.

8. Bigdaddybrink1

I just picked some up at wally 4 bux. But wait they're reusable! Hot damn!

lg g3 tapatalk

9. daleron

daleron Just a lurking Blip

I got a 15 dollar label machine a couple of years ago, I use that when I want/need to label a bottle or tank :huh:

10. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

I use the small avery labels since I usually have a box around for other purposes. Like these-
    Ooookaaay that link isn't coming through. Weird. It's the box of 2000 .5" X 1.75", Avery. Amazon has them for $7.

11. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

Painters tape and a sharpie :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Karebear

Karebear New Member

I use either blank mailing labels or cloth tape and a sharpie.. Both work well.

13. Doots

Doots Dedicated Poster Vendor

14. InMyImage

Are those paper textured or slick like scotch tape?

15. Doots

They are slickish paper but not like a scotch tape. They do have a sticky backing on them but not as strong as tape. They peel easily off.

16. InMyImage

Good to know. The ones that I have seen had that sort of satin backing that Scotch brand tape has and writing on it was always a pain even with a sharpie because it just wiped off.

17. Bigdaddybrink1

Ice been using blank mailing labels too

lg g3 tapatalk

18. Doots

these are simple to write on.. come in a variety of color also.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  19. muth

muth More than a poop!

I splurged on these because they last forever and are reusable. I never have more than 12 recipes going at once anyway, lol. I like to write the date on my labels, too.

[​IMG]

20. muth

muth More than a poop!

I just found a site that offers a free sheet of sample labels, all kinds, shapes and sizes. When I get them I'll post it. Can't think of the name right now:rolleyes: