KAYFUN V5 Build and Wick

Discussion in 'Atomizers and Rebuildables' started by muth, Mar 5, 2017.

1. muth

muth More than a poop!

@dubya I thought you might like this vid by Trevor Jones. He's the pickiest wicker I've seen and goes very slow. Luckily, this vid is only 16 mins but I think it's an important wick tutorial that could apply to many wicking situations.

2. muth

muth More than a poop!

Clone manufacturers also make a Kayfun V5 Mini, 3 ml capacity. The fullsize has a 5 ml capacity.
    I still want to get one of these. May be the last RTA purchase for awhile.

3. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

@muth , do you juice and fire like he was over and over on a new build? I have never done that. I always just saturate the wick really well, then put the chimney on?

4. muth

muth More than a poop!

Yes, I do. Maybe not as much as him (like I said, he's very wicky picky, OCDy) but the heat draws the liquid to the center of the wick. Especially if you are using high vg.

5. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

I'm probably jinxing myself, but I think you inadvertently fixed my dry hits on the kayfun :hubba: I never dripped and fired the wick before. Not sure why it just started, but they seem to be fine now. Maybe going from 50/50 to 40/60 made the difference? Seems unlikely, but that is really the only thing I am doing different.

6. muth

muth More than a poop!

40pg/60vg? Sometimes you just have too much density in the middle of the wick. The more you handle and play around with the wick, you end up packing it down, sometimes.

7. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Yes, went to 60 VG, and I try not to play with it to much, but it's so hard not to :whistle::p

8. muth

muth More than a poop!

:laugh: