Justice Scalia Tries to Burn Down Supreme Court Building!

Discussion in 'In The News... Funny or Serious...' started by muth, Jun 27, 2015.

1. muth

muth More than a poop!

Anthony Scalia was so miffed about gay marriage that he tried to "burn down the house" and was arrested when spotted dumping kerosene around the building.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/scalia-arrested-trying-to-burn-down-supreme-court

Scalia Arrested Trying to Burn Down Supreme Court
    BY ANDY BOROWITZ
    [​IMG]
    The Borowitz Report)—In a shocking end to an illustrious legal career, police arrested Justice Antonin Scalia today as he attempted to set the Supreme Court building ablaze.

Justice Scalia, who had seemed calm and composed during the announcement of two major rulings this morning, was spotted by police minutes later outside the building, carrying a book of matches and a gallon of kerosene.

After police nabbed Justice Scalia and placed him in handcuffs, the Juror appeared “at peace and resigned to his fate,” a police spokesman said.

“He went quietly,” the spokesman said. “He just muttered something like, ‘I don’t want to live in a world like this.’ ”

Back at the Supreme Court, Justice Scalia’s colleagues said they hoped he would get the help he needed, except for Justice Clarence Thomas, who said nothing.

Get the Borowitz Report delivered to your inbox.

Photograph by Charles Rex Arbogast/AP.

GET NEWS SATIRE FROM THE BOROWITZ REPORT DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX.

2. Byter

Byter Blissful Blip

That's funny @muth. For a minute I thought it was true and start wondering if he had Alzheimer's or something. I even searched google for "Scalia arrest" and of course got no hits. Then I searched the title and found this same article. Only then did I notice Borowitz is a comedian and he was doing satire!

3. muth

muth More than a poop!

That's funny. Why did I hear it on the news, then?

4. Byter

Byter Blissful Blip

IDK, is it a little like War of Worlds in the 30's? If he really did that it would be everywhere I think.

You know he's pissed about the decision so this lends some credibility to the joke. But it is the New Yorker. Not a very serious news outlet.

5. muth

muth More than a poop!

IKR, either it's War of the World's or the press suddenly lost their freedom of speech!:p

6. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

I did hear about some preacher in Texas who was going to set himself on fire if the ruling went down. Personally I thought he was just begging for somebody with a book of matches.

7. Ozone

Ozone RIP Nov 9, 2015 Rest In Peace

I don't get it...... who cares who marries who ? Or what ? I don't care if a guy marries another guy or his pickup truck !!!

8. muth

muth More than a poop!

What I wanna know is what happened to separation of church and state?

TaroGold.com:
    There are as many religions as there are individuals. - Mahatma Gandhi

9. kelli

kelli The original blip

i think it's about time we gave gay people a chance at marriage. the straight people have failed miserably at it for the most part. :p

as for separation of church and state, it seems to be ok for there to be religion in politics, so long as it's the "right" religion. ;)

10. muth

muth More than a poop!

You're so clever;)

11. kelli

kelli The original blip

if saying it the way i see it is clever, so be it. :)

12. muth

muth More than a poop!

You have such a way with words:thumb:

13. kelli

kelli The original blip

14. muth

muth More than a poop!

OMG, as soon as I saw your post I was gonna click funny, then I clicked play and I got all mushy:cry:

15. muth

muth More than a poop!

That reminds me of when someone asked Dolly Parton what she thought of gay marriage and she said, "I'm all for it! Hell, let them suffer just like we do!"