Political Just wondering about stuff

Discussion in 'Political Banter' started by kelli, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelli

kelli The original blip

i find it interesting that when america has a terrorist attack, there is intense reaction and outrage by politicians, the media, and the public to do something about it. but when some deranged white guy takes out a bunch of people in a mall, school, etc (which happens much more often than terrorist attacks btw), the concern ebbs very quickly and nobody seems particularly interested in solving the problem. i am not diminishing the terror threat, but your chances of being killed by a disgruntled, deranged white guy are MUCH higher.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  2. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

Statistically, there are more disgruntled, unhinged white guys then there are terrorists so the acts perpetrated by them are more numerous.
    However, a greater percentage of terrorists commit horrendous acts.
    Given the likelihood of a violent act being committed by either sect- I would be far more leary of the terrorist.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. kelli

kelli The original blip

i hear your logic, terry.....but the statistics don't back it up. only 98 americans on our soil have been killed by terrorists in 15 YEARS since 9/11. there are more than that killed or injured EVERY TWO DAYS by other americans with guns.

4. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

And I understand and accept your point as well, hon. We differ in our point of view but that's ok. I still have nothing but the utmost respect and affection for you- you know that.
    I just see things differently is all.
    The way I see it, there are tens of thousands of angry white guys floating around but only a small percentage actually act on that disenchantment.
    Despite lower numbers, terrorists, on the other hand... they exist for the sole purpose of forcing change thru violence and are, therefore, much more likely to commit an abhorrent act.
    It's all a matter of math.
    From a statistical standpoint, I'd rather have a pissed off postal worker babysit my grandson than an avowed agent of terror.

5. kelli

kelli The original blip

i'd opt out on both myself ;)

6. kelli

kelli The original blip

feel free to disagree, mr. shark. but my best guess is you are one of the white "nationalists" (i.e. supremists) who is intent on taking "your" country back. lets see.... God is a republican...... jesus wasn't a liberal (he was)........ only republicans can choose the "right" supreme court justices..... anything progressive is wrong..... women have no business being in positions of power......anybody not a WASP is unamerican......the usual BS.

7. Shark Vape

Shark Vape Expert parker...

Where do you get these numbers??? Can you cite any objective sources?
    Here's one...
    Deadly US Attacks Since 9/11:
    Jihadist murders 94 - Far Right Wing murders 48

Also, there's a little logic problem in your math.
    Ya see the vast majority of the "white guys" were born here. While the (muslim presumably?) terrorists weren't. We were founded as, and continue to be primarily a nation of "white guys".

Consider... There are roughly 200 million whites in the US and 3 million muslims... The US is only 1% muslim. 67 times more whites. Yet your logic fails to take that math into account. So if we were to include that fact in your (stated but unverified) equation, that kinda changes the per-capita results... by 6,700 percent.:eek:
    So.... since that site has some credibility, and with per-capita math involved, it turns out we have over double the number of nutcase murders committed by ~one seventieth of the population ratio. To put that in the race, skin color context you seem to prefer, that means muslim wackos have murdered about 156 times more Americans on US soil since 9/11 than white wackos.

I would also submit that we should have ZERO muslim terrorist murders in America. Because muslim terrorists shouldn't be here at all. I do hope people think about that before voting for Hillary and her 1.6 million Syrian "refugees".

jm .02 ;)

8. Shark Vape

Shark Vape Expert parker...

Another personal attack???
    I wasn't even in this thread and you called me out to attack me? WTF is wrong with you?

Listen, I dunno about whatever trauma you've suffered at the hands of a white person with a penis... or whatever your bigotry problem is kelli. This is your second and final polite request/warning.... I don't want to have to respond to any more of your personal attacks and lies. I do not like liars so please don't make me treat you as one. If there is some reason you're trying to provoke or cause a problem with me, you can PM me... But if you just don't like my more conservative (that yours) politics, that's no reason to launch nasty personal attacks... and no reason to subject others here to that uncomfortable atmosphere either. There is no place for that here.

Here's my view on politics: I don't vote for vaginas, penises, or skin color. I think everyone should remove those criteria from their voting choices.
    I vote for or against a candidate based on the issues. In a nutshell, (the #1 feature of each candidate) Trump is all business and Hillary is a well proven liar.
    I think we need to move the country more in a business direction and away from the welfare state we have now. And the one thing we don't need is another liar in the White House.

9. kelli

kelli The original blip

@Shark Vape

i will not be engaging you any longer. this is a stalemate, your views are polar opposite of mine and this discussion cannot continue without rancor. good day sir.

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  10. kelli

kelli The original blip

i am sorry i started this thread. someone please shut it down. only leads to shitty feelings. and i feel shitty.

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  11. ghost62

Closed.

12. kelli

kelli The original blip

thank you, dear.

13. Blur

Blur boyish man blip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.