In depth battery knowledge needed

Discussion in 'I Need Help!!!' started by Otto85, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Otto85

Otto85 Seriously Committed

Anyone know what cell is actually is uploadfromtaptalk1440359884008.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1440359901162.jpg

2. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

Not much to go on, Otto.:huh:

What was on the wrapper?

3. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

Ouch, you don't have much to go on there. Is there any faint writing that doesn't show well in the pictures other than that 2 and what might possibly be a 5?

Without a some sort of code on it that you can google I doubt that you can tell outside of testing it directly, but I don't know if there is a reliable cheap way to determine the max amp. Volts and no load amps are easy enough if you have access to a multi-meter, but the safety margin stuff???

4. Otto85

uploadfromtaptalk1440361061906.jpg charger shows it at 1500mah when charged, I found out about the rewrap issues after I got them then saw the mah difference today figured I'd better unwrap 1 and see what it is and there's nothing but D on 1 side and 2 on the other has me a little sketched seeing all that lol

5. InMyImage

Sounds like good reason to be alarmed. Note that rumor has it that the positive terminal in a battery charger can short an unwrapped battery if you are not extremely careful taking it out.

I don't take warning like that as gospel becasue of all the BS stuff I see out there, but it's worth being careful in this case given the casing of the battery is basically the negative in this case so it seems like a reasonable concern and warning.

6. Otto85

I have I rewrapped

7. 100%VG

I think that's a 10A Continuous. Can't remember the brand off the top of my head, but I could get that info if you really need it. Maybe a 20A Continuous at best.

8. Otto85

Thats pretty much what I was afraid of

9. 100%VG

I edited. Maybe a 20A Continuous at best. Would you like me to send that picture to a battery tester I know? It could take him a little while to get back to me, but he tests batteries and identifies them by battery curves of known batteries. I'm pretty sure he's already done that one.

10. Otto85

No it's OK just gonna get known authentic and toss these in the ol drawer of shame, thank you

11. InMyImage

I get my LG's from ilumn.com they have good prices and mainly cater to the high end flashlight crowd vs the vape crowd so probably less likely to get hit with the whole authentic issue.