HELP FIGURING THIS OUT

Discussion in 'I Need Help!!!' started by DuckysVapeReviews, May 5, 2016.

1. DuckysVapeReviews

DuckysVapeReviews Seriously Committed

I Received a Tesla Invader III from my pals at Direct Vapor to review. Man I was hyped for a 240w mod. After reading the manual and checking Tesla website, I am kind of scratching my head trying to figure out if this mod is fluff or legit. It is a series box mod, with a variable voltage potentiometer to adjust power. The lowest resistance supported is 0.10. Correct me if I am wrong, but a 0.10 build at 3.7v pushes 37amps correct? How can this mod be safe? Quick steam engine check and same build at 6v is 360w (manual and their site does state it can go higher than 240w if your batteries can handle it) but at 60amps. Am I missing something or what? I will have a review up in few days on this but wanted to check with you guys before I rant for several minutes in a video review on this little issue.

2. kelli

kelli The original blip

you are speaking greek to me, dear. :confused:

3. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

4. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

In the 0.1 at 3.7v example you used, the amps are indeed 37 but the amp load is spread out over both batteries in parallel, doubling the safe limit over a single battery.
    However, if it is truly a series wired box, your amps would remain the same as a single battery but your voltage would double to 7.4- basically kicking like a mule if the potentiometer were cranked all the up. A 0.1 build on that would really tax your batteries at 74 amps. I personally wouldn't run it below 0.15 at full power, and then for only short periods. That drops you to just under 50 amps.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer Seriously Committed

The batteries are installed in series, but this is NOT a mech. Everything is run through a board with a potentiometer AND, there are safeties in place to prevent things from going boom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

6. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

7. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

I just threw out all the names of smart peeps ;) Funny, but don't sell yourself short ;):D

Sure I missed some too :oops:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  8. Shawn Hoefer

Did ya ever get it figured out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

9. kelli

kelli The original blip

i am sure i was not included for good reason. :p

10. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Nothing to do with your smarts for sure. Just your/my knowledge of vaping stuff :rolleyes:

11. DuckysVapeReviews

DuckysVapeReviews Seriously Committed

Yea, local vape shop allowed me use of wattage/voltage equipment (even though I wasn't allowed to record the testing because it isn't a review for them). It will actually push 240w but the chipset will overheat quick (can actually push more wattage) and, like a Invader 2, can actually go down to 0.087 ohms. I will get a review up ASAP. Been distracted with the whole FDA thing and in talks with manufacturers about putting out my own line of liquids (plz don't jump for joy yet, I have no idea how it's gonna go or even if it will happen for sure.) I actually got a article up on my site about FDA, which apparently they read and it shook someone enough to require a email from them to me.

12. Shawn Hoefer

And a link for those if us too lazy to look for the article?