1. Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Help Ethan get a special needs Adaptive Trike

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by InMyImage, Sep 20, 2015.

1. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

2015-11-08 14.29.58_med.jpg

2015-11-08 15.37.17_med.jpg

• Love This! Love This! x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. InMyImage

Great news! After receiving some donations off-line in the mail today, I now have enough to get my trike. We decided to go ahead and get mine before the carrier so that Ethan and I can ride around the neighborhood together.

Because of the off-line donations I reduced the goal amount for the fundraiser and now we are just working on funding for the car carrier.

I want to send a HUGE thank you to everyone who has helped make this happen for Ethan and I. I really can't express how happy you have made us and how much we have been touched by the generosity of everyone who contributed even if they were only able to share the word about the fundraiser.

We have loved watching Ethan ride and have been thrilled that he has learned how to ride it so quickly although we are still working on changing gears. He frequently comes to us and ASKS to ride his bike which is a major breakthrough in his communication because initiating requests is a significant goal in his therapy plans.

Again, thank you so much and we will be sure to post videos in the Spring of him racing for Special Olympics. I have a feeling he is going to be a real competitor ;)

• Love This! Love This! x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  3. InMyImage

I wanted to thank everyone again for their help with the trikes. Mine is on order and things got delayed a bit because of the holidays but hopefully arriving next week.

I am working on designing a custom carrier for the SUV and believe I have enough funds to cover the cost of materials to build it, but if there is a small shortage Shelly got a new job and things are looking up financially so we should be able to cover any small amount necessary.

Thanks again, and I'll post up some pics of Ethan and I riding together even if weather doesn't allow for it until spring.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  4. InMyImage

It might only be 50 degrees outside but that won't stop Ethan from riding his trike. He had a smile from ear to ear the whole time :)

2015-12-16 16.50.18 med.jpg

• Love This! Love This! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. InMyImage

I got a great birthday gift today... arrived home from running some errands and my trike was waiting outside my garage door :)

Trying to decide when exactly I'm going to put it together since the family has plans tonight, but we have pretty decent weather in the forecast for the next couple of days, so should have a pic of Ethan and I up in the next couple of days :thumbs:

Thanks again to everyone who helped make this happen for both of us. We are all truly touched and looking forward to many happy days enjoying the freedom and joy of riding together.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love This! Love This! x 2
    • List
  6. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

Aw this just makes Xmas that much more special!

Looking forward to pictures of you two riding together.

Merry Christmas to you and the whole family.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  7. InMyImage

Today Ethan was featured in our local special interest newpaper in a story about his new National Ambucs #Amtryke :)

Thanks again to all who helped make this happen for Ethan Tackett, we truly cannot convey how great it is to see the smile on his face when he rides through the neighborhood. My trike has arrived also and I can't wait to be able to ride with him this spring. Something tells me we will be out there riding together a LOT! :)

http://issuu.com/currentpublishing/docs/cif_010516_final/c/spcmn7j

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  8. CTFX

CTFX Deactivated by request

I'm glad you guys both have trikes. Nothing like father and son time. You will both have a blast :)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  9. jj2

jj2 Tiggergirl A blip in the Deplorable Basket Contest Organizer

Totally cool!!!

10. InMyImage

Yep @CTFX, it has been nice being able to go out with him for long rides on my scooter, but it will be great to actually be able to ride with him. Just hope that I can ride as long as he can...

They sent us an indoor trainer attachment so I'm planning to get it set up this week and start building a bit of fitness during the winter.

I think that Special Olympics cycling will be starting up in April and I can't wait to see him ride with a bunch of other kids :D

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

I can't wait either.........
    I am sure you will share it with all of us......

12. InMyImage

Yep sure will :)

• List
  13. InMyImage

Was finally able to take my first ride outdoors this weekend in between rain storms. Rode for 1.5 miles and THOROUGHLY enjoyed myself even though it was a relatively short ride.

I have always enjoyed cycling and it has been 10 years since I've been able to ride a bike. Back then I was riding an average of 20 miles a day, so that probably gives you an idea of how big the smile on my face was.

Thanks to everyone who helped this happen for Ethan and I. I can't really express how thankful I am for the support and I'll have pictures of both of us riding together soon as I did this ride solo since I wasn't sure how far I was going to be able to go and didn't want to frustrate him by cutting the ride short.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

That's so wonderful to hear, my friend.
    I can relate to how much you miss something when you're no longer able to do it. The injuries to my hip have taken quite a bit from me so I can imagine what a blessing it is to regain something thought lost forever.
    Keep us updated, ok?

15. InMyImage

Will do, and actually had a bonus this weekend... found out that the little sister of Ethan's best friend is getting her trike via donations to #AMBUCS and they don't know it so it's going to be a huge surprise for them :thumbs:

16. InMyImage

Ethan is back on a Ride of the Valkyries kick again.

17. ghost62

ghost62 Goes Blip In The Night Staff Member Moderator Vendor Safe Zone Moderator

Hahaha! I can picture that!

18. InMyImage

He loves that song. The downside is that when he plays it, he plays it non-stop all day :facepalm:

19. InMyImage