1. New Contest - OneStop DIY Time To Get Spooky!!!

Thank You Reddhott Contests, contests, contests!!!

Resolved Font Question

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Ld3441, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Ld3441

Ld3441 Blessed blip!

Ok, you know I am computer challenged so this is probably there somewhere and I just don't know it.
    My question is, is there a way to set font how you want it and keep it that way?
    I like larger font (easier on old eyes) and I think color is a good thing. :)
    So can I set my font so when I reply I don't have to set it each time?
    I hope that was clear and if there is no way that is ok too.
    Just askin'

2. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

There is not a setting for a default, but I found a post on the phpBB support forum asking about the same thing but for the fonts of all posts globally.

There are some tips for setting up a custom theme for accessibility, so I'm going to move this thread to feature requests and will set up a special theme for you and anyone with similar issues. I think Tripster might like it too.

Is the color your current post what you would prefer?

3. Ld3441

Ld3441 Blessed blip!

Yes, this is what I'd like, thanks. It's not a problem to set it each time so don't go to any special trouble for me. I just thought there might be a setting somewhere I didn't see.

4. InMyImage

From what I read I don't think it is going to be a huge effort, but there will be some and frankly I like the idea of having an accessible theme.

You would be doing a service to other forum members with vision issues if you took a peek at that site and picked out some themes that you think would be best to use with a larger font because I know that contrast and colors are typically a big issue for accessibility and if I do the work, I'd rather do it on a theme that will give the most bang for the buck.

5. kelli

kelli The original blip

i like the way ld's font looks here. i would use it too if i wasn't such a slacker. :p

6. InMyImage

See what you started LD... turns out several people want something with a larger font ;)

Sometimes asking for something from someone willing to help pays off more than expected :)

7. muth

muth More than a poop!

Hi Ld! You took the words right out of my mouth. And I'm so happy to see you here.

8. Ld3441

Ld3441 Blessed blip!

I wish I had been back here sooner!
    Thanks guys, I was just going to ask in "social section" if my font bothered anyone.
    Is color too much? For me it helps separate the posts a bit better but not necessary if you guys think it is too much.

It sucks getting old and all the tiny same font is harder to read. I'll manage with the way it is but glad to see others agree.

Hi muth! Glad you are here too. :)

9. Midniteoyl

Midniteoyl Seriously Committed

Your font is fine.. No worries. As for the forum default size, I agree that it would be nice to be able to set it to what we want see in our preferences. Unfortunately, that is not the case right now and is something that we intend to work on.

10. Midniteoyl

Midniteoyl Seriously Committed

LD, what browser do you use? For FireFox, I use something called 'Zoom Page' add-on.. It allows you to set default zoom levels for both the page, or just the text on that page, independent of the websites default or style page settings. For example, on most site, my default zoom is 120%. If I have a hard time seeing the text, I will zoom just the text a little more to say, 150%. These settings stay and are remembered for each website independently.

11. Ld3441

Ld3441 Blessed blip!

I hope you know I am not complaining!
    I am a dummy and have to ask lots of questions... sometimes more than once. :oops:
    I hadn't thought to change the setting on my browser, I'll try that to. Thanks!

12. InMyImage

Folks, just realized that the forum is using what is known as a "responsive" theme. Because of this it resizes the fonts and such really well if you use your browser's zoom feature.

There is a plugin/extension available for most browsers that can be installed and it remembers your zoom setting for each site.

I use the following:
    Firefox: NoSquint
    Google: ***AutoZoom*** This may be responsible for some unexpected ads popping up in my browser so if you install it and you start seeing ads appearing in odd places, delete it.

These both remember the last zoom level for a page so when you go back to it again, it will be set for whatever it was the last time you were there.

I personally use these everyday because I'm normally zoom in 110% to 130% depending on the site.

13. Ld3441

Ld3441 Blessed blip!

IMI, I am doing a LOT better than I was in the beginning. I think it was all the multiple quotes were hard to see where the new message began. I have changed "styles" on the board and checked settings on my browser. I really don't want my post larger than others and I know it looks weird. It's all good for me now. Thanks for all you do!