FA - Flavour Art

Discussion in 'FA - Flavour Art' started by muth, Feb 2, 2017.

1. muth

muth More than a poop!

FA Zeppola - Italian pastry cake. I don't usually think cake vapes are that great but this one captures the real thing. I'm even enjoying it as a standalone but can't wait to taste it's potential in a multiple blend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. TheWestPole

TheWestPole A hit on Mr. Mitty

@muth, I saw you tried FA Zeppola recently and liked it. Just got a Bullcity order including these relatively new bakery flavors. Mixed 10 ml of each as single flavors. Lemme know if you're curious about any of them. BTW, I agree about Zeppola. It's a very good base donut flavor, and the first one of these I tried.

Joy
    Metaphor
    Nonna's Cake
    Wow
    Zeppola

3. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

I'm curious about Metaphor, Nonna's and Wow. Really been wanting to try the Zep. Might order this week so it's waiting for me at home.

4. muth

muth More than a poop!

Yes, I was wondering about Nonna's cake. There's a real bakery company called Nonna's and I love their products. I love cake in general and heard it's difficult to get a good cake flavor in juice so I'm hoping for some improvements in these new flavors.

5. TheWestPole

The metaphor of Metaphor is Twinkie, and it's actually a bit like one. Kinda fakey-bakey and the sweetest, most synthetic of the three. I'm vaping it now and like it as much as Nonna's. But then I like fakey-bakey, Chocodiles and the like. Actually, chocolate might be a good additive for this one.

Nonna's is more like a real finished white birthday cake and icing, more upscale than supermarket white cake/icing, slightly more natural tasting and complex with subtle citrus and candy notes. Also good. Fairly complex for cake.

Wow is supposed to be a jelly donut, and you can taste the Zeppola dough in there, plus a synthetic berryish fruit. Not so sure about Wow. Might be better to start with Zeppola and pick your own fruit.

Zeppola is the pure shot. An authenic doughy donut base with simple sugar icing. I wish I could just get the dough flavor and work from there. But it's really good as is, and will be great as a base ingredient for all sorts of bakery creations.

6. TheWestPole

See above.

7. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Lovely reviews, thank you. I think I'll skip Wow but get the others. Any tips on %?
    BTW- if you have not tried Inawera Sweet King, it is a pastry base. Not good by itself but I use it with fruit and it's delish. I'll probably be ordering from Poland soon if you or Karen would like some, let me know.

8. TheWestPole

For those initial taste tests I used 3% across the board. Not sure about the best percentages yet, but 3% isn't far off the mark. For a standalone mix, I'd guess a bit higher % for Zeppola would be better, 4 maybe even 5%. The others seemed pretty full flavored at 3%. I generally don't like overly rich or sweet bakery and desserts.

Havent tried Sweet King. Maybe we can add in a few ml into our next trade. :)

9. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Absolutely. I'll be getting a big bottle this time. The name is a bit off, it's not really sweet.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. muth

muth More than a poop!

Not much going on in this thread....here's something new but not so new. Released about 9 months ago? Strawberry lovers might be interested.

"Guys!!! New things! New Amazing things coming from Flavour Art!!! I am so incredibly excited!
    So…first thoughts:
    Juicy Strawberry- this is Everything I have hoped for in a strawberry! It is sweet and Ripe and complex. This is the strawberry that I used to use two or more concentrates to come up with but better! I mixed it at 2%, 25/75 3mg, and it is so good! I will probably stay at around 1- 1.5% in mixes. But dang!! 1.5% vs. 8-10%!!! That’s a freaking Win!" - Jenn Harmon

https://www.bullcityflavors.com/juicy-strawberry-fa/

More hype!

So I have in my hands the new FA juicy strawberry [​IMG]!!! Holly Strawberry!!! I’m completely stoked! Mixed it at 1.5% shake and vape! I’m in Love! This strawberry is so much better than TFA strawberry ripe, better than strawberry shisha, way better than cap strawberry it’s almost as though they took the best part of each and combined it. Guys I am a strawberry everything kind of vaper and I can see this going into everything very soon. The question now is… when can I get a 4oz. [​IMG]Drew Kirklin when you place your order with Flavor Art you better go big or go home! This one will not stay on the shelves. - Jennifer Desangles-Winstead

It looks like some recipes using it have been merged with Red Touch (Strawberry) (FA)

11. muth

muth More than a poop!

RED BEAN

No images or reviews on BCV but it's there. Didn't do a complete search.

Red Bean- this one is pretty strong, and earthy. If I didn’t know what I was smelling, I’d almost think it was a tobacco. It is that earthy. Like the skin of a Japanese red bean. I also mixed this up at 2% 25/75 3mg. On a SNV, it is rich and just slightly creamy. I get the whole bean now, but the focus when diluted is on the meat inside of the bean but also all of it together. I can think of three distinct recipes right off the bat. A bakery, a dessert and perhaps a full on savory mix. It is likely that depending on the recipe, this is going to work fantastic and totally present in your mixes at below 1%! - Jenn Harmon

12. muth

muth More than a poop!

13. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Eeeeew. Red bean ice cream is my least favorite ice cream.