1. Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

DIY Flavor Shack Starter Kit

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Byter, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Byter

Byter Blissful Blip

I won a starter kit from DIYFS a couple of weeks ago and took my time deciding what flavors to choose. I've never really mixed so this was an exciting win for me. Of course I didn't know what to ask for either due to newbie status.

I choose some flavors and didn't know what kit of the several on DIYFS's web site was for me so I sent Dawn an email explaining what I was trying to do and asking for advice on how much of her flavor to use in my attempt to recreate Beard No 5. Dawn answered within a day giving me some flavoring advice and shipped my win. I got it in three days!

The contents of the kit are pictured below. It sure seems complete and even has an instruction booklet. When I opened it today it reminded me of the chemistry set I bought at a yard sale as a kid after working all day cutting grass to pay for it. I can't wait to dive in, but this time I will pay attention to the instructions! (Chemistry sets were dangerous in the 70's and I had fun violating the warnings.)

Anyway Dawn is great to work with and very responsive is the initial take and now I will mix something tonight and let it steep a bit and post results of my experiments here.

IMG_1178.JPG

2. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

Check out the e-juice me up calculator. It's a download, but really helps to figure out a recipe.

I'm going to move this over to the DIY section though since you are planning to use it as a mix thread and it isn't actually advertising a sale or coupon.

3. Byter

Byter Blissful Blip

I note ejuice me up calculator is Windows or Linux only. I'm OSX. I do run Quickbooks in Windows under VMware Fusion so will try it there despite my distain for Windows and its constant errors, obtrusive updates and related frequent rebooting.

4. Bigdaddybrink1

Bigdaddybrink1 Recovering Alcoholic blip

Well, if you search the app store for ecjuice calc
    Im sure you'll find something. Looks like a pretty decent starter kit!!

5. InMyImage

I use a mac myself but have a Windows computer which is where I used the calculator. Note the "used".

What are you using for a spreadsheet software and I can see if I can save it in whatever format you need and upload it for you to try and see if it makes sense to you and helps.

6. InMyImage

Actually just realized that we are all computer geeks in this thread. If either of you do any PHP programming or js or something, maybe we could turn my spreadsheet calculations into a recipe tweaker calculator that we can host here at VB?

I can create actual pages so we can pull it out of the forum format.

7. Byter

Byter Blissful Blip

I use excel primarily, though I have numbers too. Please do share!

I'm no programmer but I do tinker with programming and this is small enough that I think I can do it (eventually, it wouldn't be a priority). PHP seems the easier path less security concerns for web browsers and users to fret about. But PHP is server specific to a degree. Which server system are we running on?

8. InMyImage

The server runs on php 5.6 on Apache 2

9. InMyImage

I'll work on cleaning up the spreadsheet and putting together some directions on how to use it and try to upload it tonight.