Resolved Closing threads

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Vash, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Vash

Vash More than a blip! Vendor

If possible ,please allow us in For sale/trade area to close our threads.Will save a lot of time for everyone :)

Drives me crazy on VU not being able to do that !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

Done, in the PIF, Deals and Steals, and For Sale sections you should now have the ability to edit the title of your posts, edit the post itself, and delete a thread that you have created.

Let me know if it works or not.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  3. Vash

Thank you!

4. InMyImage

Np, I agree that it makes sense. I always was annoyed seeing threads pop up in my recent post searches when somebody didn't bother to read that something was sold, traded, contest over, etc.

The only thing I really debated is whether it would be better to have the threads locked vs deleted simply because of stat reasons, but that would require me to give everyone some amount of mod status and I'm not comfortable with that, so I'd rather that the stats fluctuated in order to try and keep the place clean.

I'd be open to vendors being able to lock threads that they start though so that there is a placeholder to see what vendors have done in the past. I know that sometimes I like to see that just to see who is supporting the community by offering discounts, sales, and contests. With the edit feature, you'd be able to mark out expired codes and such.

Just let me know what you think works best for you.

Bill

5. Vash

sounds like good plan,I too like to be able to see what vendors have done in the past and also with edit feature like you said easy for us to make sure folks don't try and use expired codes or request other discounts freebies etc no longer being offered .

I'll add in my signature too our BD coupon so everyone who reads my posts know about it :)

6. InMyImage

Okay, I just set up permissions for the Contests and Deals and Steals forums for vendors to be able to lock a thread.

Be sure to let me know if you ever have any issues with it. Kind of hard to test without making a mess of the forum for a bit.

7. Vash

Will do ,will probably hold small contest soon and will test it out :)