Ashley Madison

Discussion in 'In The News... Funny or Serious...' started by kelli, Aug 22, 2015.

1. kelli

kelli The original blip

2. InMyImage

InMyImage Geeky blip :) Staff Member

You have got to be kidding. Why do women not only put up with this crap but blame themselves for it?

3. kelli

kelli The original blip

it doesn't make sense, does it? but some women also blame themselves when they are physically abused or raped. i hate myself for that.

4. InMyImage

Yes and it's disturbing at times. A lot of it seems to come down to damage done to them psycologically through prior personal or family relationships or self esteem issues.

I'm not sure that men really respond that differently than women either it's just that physical abuse tends not to be as severe when the man is the victim.

5. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

I will never understand it.

#1- why men act this way.

#2-how women can actually see it as their fault

6. muth

muth More than a poop!

We are born and raised into this social stigma. We have been duped into believing that we are "less than" and even demonized by the "Whore of Babylon". I've read much on women's studies and won't get into it here but maybe this little story shows an example that I saw with my own eyes.

When I was 15 my BF confessed that her father had been sexually abusing her since the age of 12. She then said that he was starting in on her little 10 yr old sister. Her father was managing her mother's singing career, a woman who was sexy as hell and an all around hot ticket. She was great with the kids and treated me like a daughter. When the story finally broke the parents went into counseling. When I asked my friend how it was going she replied that the doctor explained that mom was not giving dad enough attention so he turned to his children. BINGO! And there you have it. Blame the woman. This is the world we know. This is how men in our society not only keep us small and insignificant but make us responsible for their wrongdoings. So you may ask, "How's that working for ya?" :p

The good news is that, IMO, I think that men's and women's consciousness is raising. Of course, we're going to hear about the horrid stuff that's still happening but we never hear about the success stories, the people who are striving for enlightenment and have made great strides in their personal lives and in the lives of others, concerning this issue. That's why I stay connected with my Buddhist practice and friends, so I can share and hear the personal stories of how people have overcome great suffering due to the illnesses of society and the sickness of their own souls.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Well put muth

8. muth

muth More than a poop!

Thank you, sweetness:)

• Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  9. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

You are quite welcome. You have a certain way of writing things, that makes them very easy to read. And agree with;)

10. muth

muth More than a poop!

Why thank you, dube:)Especially the agreeing part;)

11. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

I just don't get it. Men are men. Women are women. No different. Just the same. If a man treats you wrong, get the fuck out. If a woman treats you wrong, get the fuck out. I just don't understand why so many women have a problem with this? I'm not blaming the women, I just don't get it????

12. InMyImage

This is an insightful post. I actual experienced this a bit first hand after Shelly and I got married. Something happened with her step father and afterwards she was having depression issues. After a lot of time talking and supporting her I found out that she had been sexually abused by relatives when she was in her early teens, date raped by a guy the step father set her up with when she was 19 or 20 and we figured out that her step father was sexually attracted to her and had been peeping on her for a long time. Over time we found out that he and her mother have never had sex together and we suspect that he married her to be around Shelly. Sick Sick Sick!

She still struggles with these issues today and all I can do is support her and try to help best I can. When I say that we have an incredibly strong relationship it's because we both need each other to help support and love each unconditionally even with all our baggage.

• Love This! Love This! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Also sympathy, agree. etc. I will always be amazed how many women go through these tough things.

14. InMyImage

@muth is right. Men have been taking advantage of women for a long long time. Fortunately that is changing and I think rapidly but it is going to take a generation or two to make truly significant progress and all that really depends on how things go from a societal standpoint. There are a lot of things going on with the current teen generation that are pretty scary from a healthy functional society standpoint that go way beyond simple male female relations.

15. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Wasn't this way for me and my wife. We had the choice to avoid it, and did. It scares the living hell out of me for my daughters.

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  16. InMyImage

Choice to avoid it? You are going to have to elaborate...

17. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Just mean the option to be that way was there, but not so predominant. Seems to be getting stronger, like it's just the way things are. If that makes sense?

18. InMyImage

I think so. I'm just fortunate that Brittany was to busy to date. Feel bad for the fact that she is almost 20 and never been kissed though :oops:

19. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Idk, as you know, I have been with my wife forever. First real kiss I would say, and everything else. And we turned out ok, I think anyway :cry:

20. InMyImage

I think that you are a rare breed but it seems like a lot more high school sweetheart marriages work out long term here in the mid-west. Back in CA everyone that I knew who married their HS sweetheart divorced them in less than 5 years.