Art, Craft & Maker Thread

Discussion in 'Artwork: Painting, Sculpture, etc...' started by Lisa66, May 6, 2015.

1. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

A couple large starfish pendants. Most are much smaller.
    [​IMG]

• Love This! Love This! x 6
    • List
  2. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer Seriously Committed

New brooms...
    IMG_20190424_141156_417_compress_64.jpg

• Love This! Love This! x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

Love these!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  4. tgcrna

Those are great! So much detailed work where the bristles meet the handle (sorry, I don’t know the correct terminology). Looks like it takes a lot of time to create them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Shawn Hoefer

so I did a thing...
    chair.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Love This! Love This! x 3
    • List
  6. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

@glassgrl - can't believe I missed those starfish. Those are incredible.

@Shawn Hoefer, you are bringing back memories. My grandparents did caning; actually taught classes. I've got a couple nice pieces they did for me. With all that beautiful weaving (not sure if that's the right term) you do on your brooms, that's a natural progression. Really great!

7. Shawn Hoefer

Purposefully playing with potentially problematic prototype plaiting patterns (and wondering how to fit in another word that begins with P).
    IMG_20190629_153222_847.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  8. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Those are perfectly pleasing and pulchritudinous.

btw- my granddaughter saw the broom you made me last night and said 'Ooooh! You have a witches broom!!!'. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  9. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Well, I recycled some mother nature today :p Not perfect by any means, but then again neither is mother nature :laugh:
    Although they are not practical for large amouts of storage, overall I am very happy with how they turned out :) Never mind the maroon wall, been that way since we bought it, and I hate to paint, so maroon it shall stay :D
    20190706_161512.jpg 20190706_163431.jpg 20190706_163446.jpg 20190706_183954.jpg 20190706_184136.jpg

• List
  10. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

I had one slab left over, so I made this for my oldest daughters wall. She is a HP nut, and will live it I think. She has been around me long enough to not expect profection :D
    15626304494991945850353.jpg

• Love This! Love This! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

@dubya - those are great! I love the "tiered" effect. Looks nice and functional, too (you can see everything!). Cute what you did for her, too. You're a good dad.

I take it you've got a wood burning thingy. I used to have one as a kid (or maybe it was my brother's). I'd like to play with one again.

12. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Thanks. Yeah, I just got the wood burning thingy. I was at hobby lobby with the girls, and saw it and thought it would be kinda fun. It is fun to use, but a really slow process. Maybe because of the kind of word I was burning, or maybe they make much better ones? It was only $20

13. tgcrna

Not sure why I haven't been 'alerted' to these posts - I "watch" this thread. Great job, Dubya!!!! I love the tiered display and the Harry Potter slab you did for your daughter :wub:

14. Lady Sarah

Lady Sarah Active Member

I just finished this nonfunctional steampunk gun prop. It took a week from start to finish in my spare time. I used steel scrap, old tools, and then red oak for the grips.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  15. muth

muth More than a poop!

Cool beans......"Annie Get Your Gun"