1. Giveaway Contests Page!!!

Enter to Win FREE STUFF! Contests, contests, contests!!!

Art, Craft & Maker Thread

Discussion in 'Artwork: Painting, Sculpture, etc...' started by Lisa66, May 6, 2015.

1. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

So, I'm not obsessed with dragon flies but a lady I know (friend of hubs) is. She wanted a ring to go with her earrings and bracelet.

IMG_2478.jpeg

• Love This! Love This! x 3
    • List
  2. tgcrna

Sterling silver with Ohio flint stone.

IMG_2465.jpeg

• List
  3. Lady Sarah

Lady Sarah Active Member

I made this purse to hold everything I carry. This is 100% leather with black velvet interior. The 3 front pockets are for glasses and 2 mods. 3 large interior pockets, 2 small interior pockets, side pocket for keys, and rear pocket for my card case.[​IMG]

• Love This! Love This! x 6
    • List
  4. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Gorgeous!!!! I love leather so much. Wish I could channel some of your leather knowledge. I want to incorporate it into cuffs, but not just plain leather cuffs. Brain is clicking, clicking....

5. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

MishMosh? Been busy, huh? lol

Good grief - so nice! You've got the mandala down!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

6. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Took a workshop recently in fusing gold to silver. Here's a piece I made at home. I need to get pics of material I made in the workshop and will post those later.

Silver, 24k gold, citrine.

IMG_3846.jpg IMG_3839.jpg IMG_3854.jpg

• List
  7. Lady Sarah

Lady Sarah Active Member

The darker leather was purchased from a boot shop. The guy claimed it is elephant hide. I would think elephants would have a thicker hide than ranch raised steer.

The hardware was salvaged from purses I got at yard sales. I never thought I'd make my own purse, but I don't like PU leather that peels, and I could never find a purse that actually suits my needs.

It took me 4 days to make it.

8. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

9. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Oh - we posted at the same time. The patterned hide looks a lot like bison. -although the pattern usually varies, usually finer.

10. Lady Sarah

Lady Sarah Active Member

I doubt it. All the leather leather came from a couch my brother gave me to salvage, and the so called elephant hide.

11. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Well, whatever creature it came from, it's incredibly beautiful. I can tell both are soft to the touch and I love that. I do love bison hide. It's got a similar pattern, although smaller, and is tough but soft at the same time. I have a couple purses, one black and one brown, made by a leather artisan in Texas, that have that sort of pattern with just the right softness. It's the kind of leather that wears well and always looks great. That person also made my leather apron I wear when I work with metal; made of recycled leather.

Your purse is so beautifully detailed. I love that you used recycled things.

12. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Tink - Dad would be proud. :)

• Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  13. tgcrna

That looks great!! A whole new avenue for creativity - so exciting. Was it a difficult process to learn? I saw that Nancy Hamilton has a couple of videos on it but haven't watched them yet. I really love what you did and look forward to seeing more of it :)

14. tgcrna

I thought of you and your family (even though I never met any of them, of course) when I was designing the piece and setting the stone :) I love all of those flint I got from you. I think it is great that your family harvested them and your dad cut them.

15. Lady Sarah

Lady Sarah Active Member

Here is something me and the hubby made. I did the aluminum work.

In Texas, you really need a good smoker.[​IMG]

• Love This! Love This! x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. tgcrna

Wow! That is impressive!! :thumb:

17. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Wow, that is awesome! I am quite jealous. I have been meaning to make a smoker for a while now, just haven't gotten around to it. A couple of guys at work have been given old milk coolers (school style, maybe 6 foot by 3 foot), and made smokers out of them. I was kind of hoping the next time one goes down beyond repair, I will give it a shot. Was it difficult to build and how does it work?

18. Lady Sarah

Lady Sarah Active Member

Not too difficult to build, if you know what you're doing, and are handy with a welder. The heat from the fire box cooks the meat, and the resulting smoke flavors it. The thermometer I bought for it tells you whether you are doing more smoking, or cooking.

It was my idea to enclose the bottom, so stuff can be stored in there. The added benefit of being able to place a water bucket under the fire box makes it more convenient for adding water to the fire to make it more smokey, or to douse it.

It is going to my brother (a former Marine) for his birthday.

• Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  19. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Thanks for the tips. I'm not handy with a welder, but know many that are. I think with the milk cooler there should be plenty of room in in the bottom to store. Might just have to cut a couple of doors there. I love the SS diamond plating on yours. What a cool gift, I'm betting your brother will love it :)

20. Lady Sarah

Lady Sarah Active Member

The diamond plate is actually aluminum. He used to be able to take home scraps from work, where they make the tool boxes you see in pickup truck beds. Stainless steel prices are quite prohibitive when it comes to trying to obtain it.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List