Art, Craft & Maker Thread

Discussion in 'Artwork: Painting, Sculpture, etc...' started by Lisa66, May 6, 2015.

1. muth

muth More than a poop!

What is FFA?

2. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Besides a pain in the backside (like the FDA with Vaping) it's the Federal Firearms Act of 1938. Requirements regarding firearms, Gun law in the US on the national level which are enforced by the ATF (Bureau of Alochol, Tobacco, and Firearms).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Lady Sarah

Lady Sarah Active Member

On the coat, I got some leather made to look like gator skin, and used it for the shoulders, sleeve ends, and pocket flaps. Then, using some of the same leather the hat was made from, I added pieces to make it have the country look. I also made belt loops, and the steampunked it.[​IMG]

• Love This! Love This! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. tgcrna

tgcrna Be good to yourself and kind to others...

Wow!! This coat and the hat are great! My sewing abilities are limited to repairing small tears and putting on buttons so I am always impressed by people that can sew. I can't imagine how much time and effort creating something like this entails, but it is really nice! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. tgcrna

Great work, Mark! I LOVE that 3rd mod. I know it would be too big for my hand but love the look of it :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. MRSpivey

Thank you.

The one in process is going to be a little bigger. LOL It's a Stabilized Siberian Elm DNA 250 LiPo Squonker.

Blank:
    [​IMG]

Design:
    [​IMG]

• Love This! Love This! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. tgcrna

That is beautiful, Mark! But yeah, way too big for me, LOL.

8. MRSpivey

Nearly too big for me too. They are definitely not on the go Mods.

9. muth

muth More than a poop!

That wood looks like a block of loofah! I've never seen anything like it.

10. muth

muth More than a poop!

Beautiful and creative work, Sarah. It also serves as s protective weapon. One swipe of your sleeve cuff and your assailant has a torn face:shock:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Lady Sarah

Lady Sarah Active Member

The cones are too short to cause injury. My fingernails are better weapons. I chose short cones for that reason. Besides, almost nobody around here is a threat to me.

12. Lisa66

Lisa66 Read my blips

Beautiful coat, Sarah! I love the hardware and the textured leather.

Mark - where did you get hold of that wood?

13. muth

muth More than a poop!

Oh heck, entertain me for a minute:p.
    Should I be scared:eek:? (or do you just live with a bunch of nice people?):D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. MRSpivey

Kali Kustom Blocks (Josh Anders) in CA (Facebook)

15. MRSpivey

[​IMG]
    Progress will be slow from this point forward.

16. Lady Sarah

Lady Sarah Active Member

Most of the people in town are very nice. It also helps that I had MMA trading while I was a member of the Guardian Angels back in 1991.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. MRSpivey

I went through Law Enforcement Officer Training Academy. We all had Ti Quan Do, Close Quarters Battle, and hand to hand combat. Each of us had to achieve being able to fend off five simultaneously assailants. Fortunately I made it but in doing so I lost my composure and went into self preservation mode. I accidentally broke one of the guys (assailants) wrist... purely unintentionally.

18. muth

muth More than a poop!

Wow! That must have been a very realistic attack. Scary!

19. Lady Sarah

Lady Sarah Active Member

I would have loved that back in the day. I loved learning new techniques.

When I was sparring against our chapter leader, I came within an inch of kicking him in the face. I intentionally held back. He made me squad leader the next day.

The most dangerous situation we were in was a fight against a gang that was armed with chains, knives, and bats. We didn't carry weapons, but we used their bats and chains against them, and arrested every last one of them. The knives were left on the street for evidence.

20. muth

muth More than a poop!

Holy Schmoley !!!