1. Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Alternate Universe Too...

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by kelli, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Good morning everyone..........

Nothing planned except going for a blood draw...might do a few other things while I am out...haven't decided yet...

Sorry about the flat but that's a pretty thing...

Good luck Karen.... sorry but ya it's still Munday......

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Just poking my head in between work and small group meeting.

3. muth

muth More than a poop!

Oh wow, what a day! 3 hrs in the dentist's chair, sore tooth and a screw up at Walgreen's. Phone and computer system down at my doctor's.....is Mercury in retrograde or something?

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

I heard maybe 2 days ago that Mercury is in retrograde again. But I have no idea what it means other than it always sounds like a shitshow will happen.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. muth

muth More than a poop!

Technically it suppose to mean all things mechanical go wrong. In this day and age I'm sure that extends to almost everything. Oh and maybe don't sign any contracts, lol. @Blue1 do you have more to add?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Yes it also includes all communication..... (even spoken words...).... All the way through Nov. 3rd.... oh crap.....I think I would like to sleep until then...
    Good night everyone

7. muth

muth More than a poop!

:shock:

8. muth

muth More than a poop!

Oh shit, this tooth hurts!!! Owie owie:(

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 4
    • List
  9. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

Sorry about the tooth pain. I know that sucks. I hope it gets better soon, and if it doesn't, then I hope you ask the dentist for a pain med.

So do I blame Mercury in retrograde for this or simply Greg's "great deal, too good to be true" buying choices on eBay? The issues started with his PC parts last night and carried on throughout the whole day with all the processes that I had to go through to realize this... The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti that he bought turns out to be a cheap, inferior Chinese clone. The instruction card even came in Chinese and the box did not specify what card was inside. It cannot get 1080P resolution and after installing an NVIDIA GeForce driver (which I did at least 10 times), it selects a video resolution less than 1080P that cannot be obtained, so I have to restart, and then the manufacturer is displayed as an unnamed-model ATI card with still less than 1080P.

ATI makes its own video chips and cards, so they would not be using an NVIDIA GeForce chip. I told him about how China will clone anything and sell it as the real thing via text because he would have been sleeping. I suggested that he stop buying this cheap eBay crap, and then realized afterward that if it wasn't cheap, then that's even worse. I told him that if he were me, I'd return it for a refund and buy a genuine NVIDIA or EVGA brand GeForce GTX 1050 Ti from an American store. I truly don't know why he loves eBay so much. We'll see what he comes back with tomorrow.

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. MRSpivey

Just letting y’all know that I’m OK but I’m going to be scarce for a bit. Work/life has got really crazy. I’ll be here as much as I can.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  11. MRSpivey

You can get authentic stuff on eBay... you just have to pay close attention to the seller and where it’s coming from. There’s that old saying, if it seems like it’s too good to be true then it probably is (too good to be true).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Good morning everyone.......
    VG I agree with Mark... you have to pay close attention...... I have bought some really good stuff from them in the past... but that was before China took over almost all the top selling.... it got really bad in 2015 so I pretty much only use it for collectables...
    I have some phone calls to be made today and more paperwork...uggh I have done so much paperwork this year that I need a vacation...

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 1
    • List
  13. muth

muth More than a poop!

:rofl:...I didn't even read on before replying. Aw, your good friend Greg has a life lesson he can learn from you. "It it's too good to be true....believe it!" I'm sorry that happened. Everything that Mark and Blue said is true...and sad. Ebay used to be so easy to use until the attack of the Chinese clones. It's a pita to find the honest real deals and when you do bookmark or save them because it's like finding gold nuggets. Hope you get it sorted out. Good luck:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  14. muth

muth More than a poop!

100% !!!

15. muth

muth More than a poop!

Thanks for letting us know and dropping in when ya have a minute. Really appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. muth

muth More than a poop!

Uggh is right! So sorry you have this to deal with. I absolutely hate phone calls and paperwork (no wonder I never did office work). Can you put off signatures until after Nov 3rd ? :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. muth

muth More than a poop!

Finally, a bit of relief from this tooth. I've been popping Advil all day and finally popped 2 at a time. Maybe that, the ice and a self head massage helped. I spoke to the school about it and canceled my appointment tomorrow. I just need to put some space between this pain and the next part of the procedure, ya know? The head instructor told me it could last 3-5 days! Crappers, no one told me that before I left or advised me to buy soup on the way home. It's hard to open my mouth enough to shovel in the food, lol, and chew it.

• List
  18. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

Greg has been buying from eBay pretty much from its inception and he still swears by it. He told me today when we met in town and he fed me at Roadhouse (a truly great 12oz prime rib with two side orders :drool:) that it was an open box that he paid $80 for, but he's had it too long to return. I asked about what if it's defective, and he said he's had it too long. I would push back hard to get my money back, but he apparently doesn't want to. He said he'd buy another one and have it shipped to me, but this same thing happened on the last round of 5 PCs and a Laptop.

Two of the same model video cards went bad shortly after being installed while I was still working on other stuff. I guess he doesn't know/hasn't learned how to shop carefully for computer parts. The same thing happened when he bought all the parts for a total suspension rebuild on my car: brakes, struts, shocks, and everything underneath for the suspension. Most of the parts went bad after a year, and now I'm having to foot the bill for parts and the work to be redone, which didn't need to be done in the first place. If he ever offers to do something like that again, I'm gonna tell him, No thanks, unless you don't buy the parts from eBay.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. muth

muth More than a poop!

After not being able to sleep last night I had to get up and visit my employer to look over what she was offering me. If it wasn't for the pandemic and a head on fire, the offer was pretty good but I'm in no position to jump back right now. We'll see. She was nice and didn't pressure me. Maybe she was just happy I showed up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  20. muth

muth More than a poop!

Yeah, maybe you can buy the parts instead or at least find the right ones for him to buy.