1. Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Alternate Universe Too...

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by kelli, Apr 3, 2015.

1. muth

muth More than a poop!

@glassgrl how is the house situation coming along?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

Then maybe all that's needed is to replace the burned out CFL. :laugh:
    When wired properly, the breaker in the GFCI outlet circuits (2 outlet plugs and anything wired from its controlled output inside the wall) are only supposed to control outlets around water sources like kitchen and bathroom sinks. A GFCI breaker outlet (and anything wired to it) in the kitchen should only trip around the sink. They are supposed to be inline with the water-source outlets they control, and that's all.

Yes, one GFCI breaker outlet can be wired to other non-GFCI outlets downline inside the wall, let's say in the kitchen, but that controlled power should not go to an outdoor light fixture. If that outdoor light fixture was considered to need protection from the elements, then another type of light fixture should have been used there instead. So depending on who wired the GFCI outlet breakers, they may have been done wrong.

Then again, seems to me that you'd see more than just that light fixture not working if a GFCI breaker was the issue. Plus, on many, there's a green LED that says power is On/OK and a red one that shows the breaker has been tripped. If it doesn't have a red LED, then the green being Off is your indication. But if that light fixture works with an incandescent bulb, then why not a CFL? Considering that, plus you raised the Hot tab inside, I don't think it's a GFCI issue. That's perplexing. I'm sure you've tried it with different bulbs, both CFL and incandescent. If not, then that could help to resolve the problem.

3. muth

muth More than a poop!

Oh sure and the first thing I did was test the bulb and it worked in another fixture so that's why I started testing the light switch and fixture. My GFCIs don't have leds just red and black tab breakers. And I wouldn't be surprised if they were wired incorrectly since the dishwasher was not installed correctly and that caused me a flood. I discovered all sorts of shoddy workmanship in this house after I moved in.

• Optimistic / Sympathy Optimistic / Sympathy x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

That was a cute video... thanks for sharing..... I especially like them all lining up for hugs.....
    Good night everyone......

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. muth

muth More than a poop!

I hear that goats and sheep are quite social and friendly towards people and know their names. One time I decided to visit horse stables/farm animals and there were some goats behind a fence. I was reading a pamphlet and the goat walked right up and ate it.

6. 100%VG

Advisory to Dovpo Topside 90W, Dual, and prolly even Lite owners:

If you ever remove the two 1.5mm Hex Head screws (or whatever the Lite uses) on the filler ports cap to clean or replace a 10ml bottle (if they ever offer replacement bottles by themselves), make sure you get those 2 screws screwed all the way back in. If you don't, and there's a gap there, you'll may well get leaking when you squonk it.

Two side arrows point out the 2 screws positions, and one arrow points to where the black of the sled meets the silver fill ports top piece. Any gap there needs to be fully closed, metal to metal. Just screw them in slowly, one side at a time, going back and forth, until any gap on either side is closed. Don't ask me how I know this!!! :laugh:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Good morning! February was the last time I got a haircut. Finally, today is the day! I don't count my home chop job. I've had 2 texts from the salon, one asking about any illness, temperature, travel, people contact, and the other with their protocols. They're not allowed to blow dry hair to keep anything airborn at a minimum. Crazy times.

Nothing yet. If that sad, out of date place is still available i want to take James to look at it Monday. He'll be here for a couple days to take advantage of better internet speeds for an online course he has all next week.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Good morning AUvians!

9. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

These just came from Amazon for Nora's bday. They might help her to track like Jungle Jim but spelling....not so much maybe. lol
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  10. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Good morning everyone...... lots of R & R today.....

11. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Got trash/recycling done, batteries married (65% done, my 6-bay charger seemingly has a bay that isn’t fully charging to 4.20 Volts. Nine 18650s re-charged to 4.20 and will check voltage in 48 hours.), and gutters cleaned out. The grass seems to be calling me to get mowed and I’m trying to put that off until tomorrow. It’s Vape break time!

• Love This! Love This! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. 100%VG

Happy Saturday, AU,

I hope everyone is well. If the weather stays nice (no more rain), I'll get back in the yard to trim tree branches and one of the last two bush/tree/vine things. I'll have to take pictures for you to see and understand the description.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. 100%VG

It's not supposed to rain today, so I'ma get an early start and see how much of it I can get done.

14. 100%VG

:hmmm: It's not supposed to rain today...

:hmmm: So what did it start to do as soon as I got outside. A light drizzle that turned into full on rain. Louisiana weather. If you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes and it'll change. smh But I got all of the actual tree branches trimmed that I was after. Cut them into less than 4 feet pieces and I'll put them in the garbage bin my next time out. I took some pictures of the bush/tree/vine stuff, so when I get them onto the PC, I'll post them. At least this time, I'm rain soaked instead of sweat soaked.

15. muth

muth More than a poop!

From Amazon via Fasttech? I just learned today from my Sourcemore friend that they have different departments that sell on AliExpress and Amazon. Sourcemore (and probably other vape vendors we all know aren't just in the vaping business.) Well, it's no secret about Fasttech.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. muth

muth More than a poop!

Wow, you've had a productive day! Tomorrow I'd like to get the second window screen in, plant the new flowers I got and fix my bedroom door striker plate so it will catch the striker and stay closed. It's the only way I can keep Nikko out when he's acting up in the middle of the night. I've been wedging a slipper underneath the door.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  17. 100%VG

OK, here are the shots of the bush/tree/vines stuff...

[​IMG]
    This is the tree that I cut low branches out of today.
    That's a smaller vine that hangs down between the two.
    I guess it dangled more and more as it grew, but I'm tired
    of having to duck under it and mow around these things.

[​IMG]
    This shows the 2 that are left and the bare spot
    furthest away from the one I already leveled.

[​IMG]
    The vines are climbing up all around the tree.
    I'll cut as much of that out of the tree as I can.
    Once the rain stops, I'll mix the safe killer stuff
    and spray it on the poison ivy.

[​IMG]
    They aren't really bushes and they aren't really trees,
    but they're enough of a mess that I want them gone.

[​IMG]
    The vines come up from the ground and down from the tree.

[​IMG]
    These are the vines that remain from the one I leveled.

[​IMG]
    That bigger cut vine from the top right is over 2" in diameter.
    And they branch off into more vines. I didn't think to get a
    close up shot of the 2 types of leaves, but they are different.

[​IMG]
    I'll get to them later. I have a 10 foot ladder to use and the
    fairly long-reach chainsaw for the gas-motor weed eater.

[​IMG]
    You can't really see the 3 stumps from where I leveled
    this one, but that's the vine mess that's left hanging.
    I cut it right down to the dirt. I could see the stumps
    when I snapped the shot, but I can't see them now.
    All 3 will be cut like this so I can mow over them.

• Love This! Love This! x 2
    • List
  18. muth

muth More than a poop!

@dubya did you use one of the included coils that came with the STNG? I decided to try the 0.8 ohm N80 coil since I've been using a lot of nichrome lately. I think I'm done with my nichrome experiments and will head back to kanthal and ss again. Been meaning to ask, where did you find big enough spools to use as wrapping for your Claptons? I remember back when Rob was still with us he found 1000 ft spools on ebay I think.

19. muth

muth More than a poop!

Oh yeah, those vines need to go. Good job. I can't really see the leaves but around here we've had an infestation of an Asian vine called Kudzu. It's been killing all our trees, any tree it finds and climbs around. It's horrible and sad. I've seen trees bent over like being brought to their knees under this vines strength.

Kudzu
    is extremely bad for the ecosystems that it invades because it smothers other plants and trees under a blanket of leaves, hogging all the sunlight and keeping other species in its shade. ... It was then used in the South East to provide shade to homes, and as an ornamental species.Jun 17, 2020

This Invasive Plant Is Swallowing the U.S. At the Rate of 50,000 ...

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  20. 100%VG

Do you think the house shifted, causing the misalignment? If the shift isn't too bad, you can use a large flat blade screwdriver. Put the blade in the stiker hole and hammer it whichever way it needs to move. I've done that before, but I have a very beefy screwdriver that I use. The shaft is about ½" square and long with a big grip handle, so I don't have to worry about hitting myself when doing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List