1. Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Alternate Universe Too...

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by kelli, Apr 3, 2015.

1. muth

muth More than a poop!

Uncle Bob's lawnmower repair? Got a link? Just kidding. I actually know a guy who repairs mowers. He's the one I bought it from. Idk why I've been avoiding calling him or searching for others nearby. I'm sure they around. I actually have an advantage because my van has a chairlift. It would be very easy to lift the whole mower, as is, into the van and drive it over. Sure, that sounds easy. I just need to get myself in gear. I'm struggling with the jobless blues. I wake up each day feeling sort of aimless.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. muth

muth More than a poop!

I did manage to fix a dead fan this morning. It just stopped working out of the blue. At close observation it was caked up with disgustingness! Dirt, dust, hair, black and sticky (maybe from VG?) I gambled my time on taking it apart and cleaning every bit I could reach. The motor inside was caked with dirt. Anyways.....
    I decided to plug it in before investigating the wires and connections and the darn thing started spinning again! When they say dust destroys electrical things they weren't kidding.

Garsh darn, I didn't think to take a pic. You would have gagged.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. muth

muth More than a poop!

Hey, I just have a bum thumb, I'm not a weakling:p. I saw one suggestion to use a piece of 2x4 to block the blade. I have plenty of those laying around. Thank for the encouragement. I just need to be careful not to chew up the nut.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. muth

muth More than a poop!

Yeah, probably because manufacturer weights are all different. I know they're working on it but it's a monumental task to research each flavor from each company. In 2018, Woftam compiled this list of flavor houses and who knows how many flavors each company produces, I don't.

Amoretti
    Apex Flavors(Silvercloud)
    Aromea
    Baker Flavors
    Bcf Sc
    Bolsjehuset
    Capella
    Chef’s Choice
    Clyrolinx
    Corsica Vape
    Creme De Vape
    Cupcake World
    Decadent Vapours
    Delosi
    Devils Kandi
    Diy Flavor Shack
    Dks
    Euro Flavors
    Faerie’s Finest
    Flavor Concentrates
    Flavor Pheonix
    Flavor Revolution
    Flavor West
    Flavorah
    Flavormonks
    Flavors Express
    Flavourart
    Frandy Flavours
    German Flavors
    Get Suckered
    Great Lakes
    Hangsen
    Health Cabin
    Hiliq
    Inawera
    Juicefactory
    Jungle Flavors
    Kandi Hed
    Liquid Barn
    Liquid Nicotine
    Lop
    Lorann
    Medicine Flower
    Molinberry
    Molinberry M
    Mom And Pop Vapor Shop
    My Freedom Smokes
    Nature’s Flavors
    Nicotine River
    Nicvape
    North West *** Not Done***
    Nude Nicotine
    One Drop Flavors
    One On One
    One Stop Diy
    Purilum
    Real Flavors
    Sasami
    Solubearome
    Sterling Cloud
    Stixx Mixx
    Tasty Puff
    The Broke Vaper
    The Flavor Apprentice
    T-Juice
    Totally Wicked
    U4Ea
    Vampire Vapes
    Vape Train
    VapeWild
    Vaping Zone
    Wonder Flavours
    Zhii

ETA: not for nothing, VG, but I think you're getting too caught up in the numbers. I like to get into details, too, but you're starting to even make me crazy, lol. I gave up my quest for perfectionism a long time ago and I'm a better person for it. That's just me and my opinion. YMMV.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. muth

muth More than a poop!

Gotta mix up Nikko's medicine. I shall return later.:)

6. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

@100%VG the amount of liquid to initially get the scale readout to change is why I told you about using your finger to (so to speak) wake up the scale.

Unless you are willing to put out huge amounts of money you aren’t going to get a scale sensitive enough to immediately change with weight changes in the 0.00X grams range. Not to mention having a perfectly flat base of something like marble, having vibration isolation, having an enclosure to keep out variances due to air currents, climatic control, etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

Happy Saturday, AU,

@muth,

Not to make you crazy, but the reason I went through all those girations of trying to find how the FLV (specifically to FLV) percents work is twofold (and please read all of this).

1.) Smoky told me to start low with Irish Cream (FLV). She said to start with 0.12%, so I had to find the Total #ml that 0.12% would be of, allowing me to start a little lower and work my way up. 0
    .12% is 2x 0.06%, so I had to find what Total #ml works with 0.06% for 1 drop so I could work with multiples of that. 0.06% of 33.3333ml = 0.02ml for 1 even drop of Irish Cream (FLV).

If the #ml percentages that I posted before are right and the #gram percentages are wrong (as I think is the case), then 0
    .12% would be 2 drops of Irish Cream (FLV) in 33.29333ml, and 0.06% would be 1 drop in 33.31333ml. This means that using 1 drop in 10ml of VG, 20ml, or even 30ml would always be over or under 0.06% and 0.12%. A total mix of 33.33333ml is where I found things to work accurately for drops of Irish Cream (FLV) and Smoky's recommendation.

2.) I needed to know how the percentages are derived and to know what size batches to make for accurate mixes.

Then I wanted to know (asking you) if I can start with the calculated weight of a percentage of VG (average 1.265g/ml) to get close to the actual ml percentage that I need to make the number of FLV drops work out fairly accurately by adding the FLV drops last. I know that's the opposite of how you add your drops, but it'll work out in the shaking and steeping process. That way, with the #ml of VG in first, the scale would be more accurate with the number of drops of Irish Cream (FLV) when it's time to make batches of various sizes. Smoky only uses FLV, and that is my goal, so my math is related to only FLV here. Other flavoring brands would require their own testing procedures.

The weight of 33.31333ml of VG would be 33.31333 times 1.265g = 42.14136g. After getting close to let's say 30ml of VG (or 37.95000g), then by adding the VG in drops I could get closer to obtaining 42.14136g than I could accurately measure 33.31333ml in a cylinder. To me, we either work with the math or we just fumble around with what might work, only to be disappointed with the results. Smoky says that most people overuse FLV because they are Ultras, so I'm trying to work with that and be accurate.

Do you think that adding the calculated weight of VG in the bottle first, then adding the evenly calculated number of drops of FLV would work correctly for Solo Flavor Testing? If not, then where do the accurate percentage numbers come from?

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. 100%VG

Hello Mark, and Happy Saturday,

I am aware of the influences of atmospheric conditions, AC blowing from vents, and avoiding radio noise interferences would be the ultimate conditions for mixing. Also using 4 AA batteries instead of the AC Power Adapter. And like you said, I won't spend the money for a high dollar Ohaus or be able to totally mask out the world while mixing. I'm just trying to work with what I have, and work with the numbers as best I can.

As far as using my finger to wake up the scale, that hasn't worked yet for the first drop. I've tried using things much lighter than a finger tap so as not to disturb the scale too much, but these attempts just haven't been successful when starting out, or sometimes after Taring.

I'd like your opinion of my post above as well.

Thanks.

9. muth

muth More than a poop!

Sounds like a good plan to me. Just don't put in 10 mls (or whatever) of VG then add your flavors on top of that because you'll throw off the total. Leave room for your flavors. Where do the accurate percentage numbers come from? I'm not sure what the question is.

10. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

I’ve always used 1.26 g/ml for VG. Your approaches seem sound. I would also consider putting in 1/2 the total VG (assuming you know the exact total of VG), then add flavors and Nic, and finish with the remaining 1/2 of the VG. As an aside, I work with heated VG. It seems to expedite the steeping process and aid in getting it mixed up well initially. I’ve also found that with my scale I can tare, add a drop, remove it, replace it and then it reads it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. muth

muth More than a poop!

Really?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. muth

muth More than a poop!

If I'm working with super/ultra concentrates one drop WILL make a difference. Other than that I don't sweat it and I've never had a catastrophe happen.

13. muth

muth More than a poop!

Hey @100VG not to play Devil's advocate or anything but after wracking your brains over this watch you have trouble tasting the super low flavor percentages. It's happened to me after following Smoky's explicit directions. She calls herself a "super taster" and I believe it because I can't taste some of the Flavorah at super low percentage. Like some others, I have to use a bit more than her recommended usage. But just a bit because too much can mute or distort the flavor.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. muth

muth More than a poop!

@glassgrl I'm surprised you're around at this hour. Isn't past your bedtime, girl?

15. 100%VG

Thanks!
    If I read you right, I'm not doing that. In my calculations, the total mix is 33.33333ml. Then I subtract from that the ml of the flavoring, or 0.02ml times the number of drops so the total number of drops and VG doesn't come out to more than the 33.33333ml that I am aiming for. If I was using 10ml Solo samples, I would subtract the number of drops times 0.02ml from the 10ml of VG to be added, so there is only 10ml in the bottle.

To be clear, let's say I start with 1 drop of FLV which = 0.02ml. Then for a 10ml sample, I would have the 0.02ml of flavoring in 9.98ml of VG. Then for 2 drops (or 0.04ml), there would be 9.96ml of VG. 4 drops (or 0.08ml) go into 9.92ml of VG, and so on. This is why I want to add the VG by weight, instead of using a cylinder. Is that what you meant?

The question was, if my calculations for figuring the amount of VG the mix will have, based on the ml of flavoring added, are not correct, then how does one figure out the percentage of VG that the mix will have?
    Thanks! I can recalculate for that without much trouble. :thumb:
    I can do that, too. In the 10ml example, let's take 4 drops (or 0.08ml). That would go into 9.92ml of VG. That times 1.26g/ml = 12.4992g. That divided by 2 = 6.2496g or 2.25g for the scale. As odd division numbers are produced, I could put the ½+ even hundredth in first followed by the ½ odd hundredth to even it out. Just gotta take notes to keep up with it. I have calculated exact parts of flavorings (in drops and their ml) and exact ml of VG for this Solo Testing. When it comes to adding Nic after a mix is good, I could either add that in the first part before flavorings or after. Thanks!
    Thanks, but neither Smoky or Pdrum do that. I saw a video series of FLV Solo Testing where he either preheated his VG in a microwave or used a frother if not microwaved. Smoky says she doesn't use a frother, either. She says steep time will do the work with FLV. That and the shacking of the bottles. She says she shakes them 3x/day. She says the heated VG could cause the flavorings to lose flavor molecules.
    OK, I'll try that.
    Since I'm working with drops for FLV, I would know how many ml were added, so I guess I'd just proceed to adding the 2nd ½ of VG for the total. It should work out in the total ml desired.
    And this is precisely why we do our own Solo Flavor Testing... to get it right for our own taste buds and palate.

Thank you both so much!!!

16. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

He got it from Billet Box site?!? Please tell me that didn't happen. Lol

Well, either the person lied about when they sent it or 100% it got stolen. I would have never thought someone would steal mail in this neighborhood. Heck, I've accidentally left my keys in the front door overnight a time or two and nothing happened. I do use Venmo but doubt the person who sent the check does. I dunno, it'll be ok one way or another. It's just a pain.

Me too. Tons of stuff to do but not what I want to be doing. It's making me less than motivated daily.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  17. glassgrl

glassgrl Blippertigibbit

Yes, mother. :p I'm about to turn out the light, was just checking in. :)

18. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

I have been like that for a long time.... even when I was working...lol.... but that's just me... it is nice that you have the chairlift... I know that would help... but yes jam a 2x4 in the blade & the inner wall to lock the blade them try it...
    OMG and you really wanted to share that huh???.... ya it probably is the VG... I had the same issue in one of mine before... now I vacuum them as often as I can....taking them apart & washing the blades helps too if you can easily enough.....

For that reason alone I always keep a PO box.... all my mail goes there....
    Good night Becca, Karen & everyone else....

19. muth

muth More than a poop!

Oh that's a hard one when there's so much to be done. Someone gave me advice once to start with the one closest to your feet. For some reason I immediately pictured that old Star Trek episode with all those little Tribbles climbing all over Captain Kirk.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  20. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Yes, he did. But here is the bad news. Persistence is the only way it seems. Probably 3 months worth of trying, finally happened. Funny part is he said they redid the website, so it took him longer than ever to get it in the cart and check out. But low and behold, it was there :blink:
    Fwiw, RPG is much more purple than blue to me. BX9 is said to be a light blue, more what you are looking for no? Anyway, got it all set up the way I will use it, cant go wrong :wub:
    15951316462171949114081.jpg
    1595131687944801587979.jpg

• Love This! Love This! x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List