1. Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Alternate Universe Too...

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by kelli, Apr 3, 2015.

1. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Good morning AU :)
    I didn't miss them. I saw and loved every one :blush:

2. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer Seriously Committed

Back to the gym this morning king after taking a week off. Apparently, attempting more than 100 reps on the ab machine is bad for your back. Who knew? This morning, I did 3.2 miles on the treadmill, and spent about 15 minutes on the weight machines focused on pecs and a little on abs.

This drive to get myself back in shape (I know, round is a shape LOL) has me wondering... what age group am I hanging out with, here? Nunya is an acceptable answer... I just turned 53 (The Wife is 59 for thos that are curious, and Stepdot is 34). After the health issues eating up most of my 40s, I'm finally starting to feel like myself, again.

But, I have the heart of a 12 year old...

In a jar on my desk...

Just kidding...

Meanwhile, vaping, I got 2 new RTAs in the mail yesterday... the Intake Dual, and the Solomon Mesh. The Intake dual is well machined, but the draw is still a little tighter than its cohorts. The Solomon Mesh looks nice, but some of the machining is not quite right... nothing that'll prevent me from using it, just not the same fit and finish as some others. The air is pretty wide open on this, and the wicking is awesome! I'm running a set of hybrid fused claptons in the Intake at 65 watts on the old Cuboid, and I've got a SS mesh strip in the Solomon and I'm running it in TC mode on the Proton. Suhwheet!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Love This! Love This! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. muth

muth More than a poop!

I still have my Cuboid and love it. So easy to have and to hold.

If you're referring to a public gym please be careful, Shawn. How about filling a couple buckets of water tied to a pole and lifting them over your head? Or riding a real bike back and forth to Wally World?:p (actually I'm not kidding). And yes, trying to make up for lost time with 100 reps will hurt your back and then some.

I'm happy for you that after suffering through health problems in your 40s you are able to feel better and enjoy life once again. Nothin like overcoming illness to open your eyes to a new outlook.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. muth

muth More than a poop!

I'm not sure how that is. Like I said last night, my shipping was $3.41. They ship by weight so Idk how 2 flavors would cost more in shipping unless it's a special shipping option:confused:. And don't you live closer to NC than I do? (if that makes a difference).

5. muth

muth More than a poop!

I look forward to what you think. The Bourbon (FLV) is very boozy, just a heads up. You'll see when you open the cap and smell it.

6. muth

muth More than a poop!

Just had a teleconference with my primary doc. I'll be going in for bloodwork, weighing and blood pressure. It's been awhile.

7. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Good morning everyone........
    Oh I love that.... ty for including the link

ya.. thanks I needed that....

OMG you made me tired just reading all that... I am planning a nap shortly,..... then back to get the rest of this paperwork done & a review that's past time....

• Like Like x 3
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  8. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

All I know is the price that came up. I didn't opt for anything faster than standard shipping.
    I'm going to do Smoky's Solo Flavor Testing in 10ml bottles of VG on both to see where I like them before any mixing. Irish Cream may be good by itself. But this one is said to have a coffee experience to it. That's why I also wanted the FA version.

9. 100%VG

This from Alex Clark of CASAA in email today...

http://www.casaa.org/news/weve-never-done-anything-like-this-before/

[​IMG]
    We’ve never done anything like this before…

All things considered, CASAA has had a good run. Since our inception in 2009, we’ve helped elevate the voice of consumers to a degree that top officials at the Food and Drug Administration make public statements acknowledging the benefits of vaping and other smoke-free alternatives. We need your help to keep this energy going.

As you well know, CASAA membership is free. We provide all of our services and information to the public without asking for much in return. We don’t sell our members’ data and we don’t put up paywalls. We rely 100% on voluntary donations. So when we tell you that we’ve seen an almost 40% decline in donations over the past year, understand that it means our ability to continue providing information and services is in grave danger.

[​IMG]

The truth is, if every person who read this post donated just $2.00, we’d have the funding we need to stay operational for the rest of the year. If even half of those people signed up for monthly $2.00 donations, our operating costs would be covered, and we could start implementing plans for expansion.

What would expansions look like for CASAA?

• Let’s get some real lobbying power. Lobbying firms are expensive and for years consumers have been left to rely on industry associations to provide lobbying resources such as access to lawmakers and even seats at public hearings. We need our own voice in legislatures and we need to pay for it on our own.
    • Expanded Programs. Prepping for spoken testimony, educational materials for lawmakers, and PR campaigns all require up-front investment of money and people power. More funding = more staff and more opportunities to reach people outside of the vaping community.
    • Sustained defense against enduring threats. Just because the FDA is promising to crack down on non-compliant manufacturers after September 9, 2020, doesn’t mean that our fight is over. Anti-nicotine idealogues are pressuring all levels of government to enact stricter laws that are creating new problems and we need to be equipped to respond as well as proactively fix existing bad policies.

[​IMG]

I know it might sound weird to say that after ten years CASAA is just getting started, but looking at it from a historical perspective we know that movements like this can take generations just to hit their stride.

Looking to the future, we know that there is already a mountain of bad policies that we need to tear down. We’re having that conversation today about issues involving race, law enforcement, and healthcare, so the time is ripe to broaden the discussion and include tobacco and substance use policies that require reform.

I hope it’s becoming clear that consumers are the number one stakeholder in the debate about tobacco harm reduction. While we can reasonably expect industry stakeholders to defend their businesses, the responsibility for standing up against discriminatory policies and ethical breaches among researchers falls at the feet of people who use nicotine. There is no one there to protect us and many who claim that they have our best health in mind are almost eager to dismiss us when we point out the consequences of their “protection.” We have to support ourselves and build our own movement.

Now more than ever, consumer support of harm reduction strategies is vital to improving public health and preventing expansion of the war on drugs to target people who use nicotine.

[​IMG]

Thank you for all that you do,
    Alex Clark
    CEO, CASAA
    #IVapeIVote

P.S. Donate $2.00 today and help fund our efforts into 2021. Make your gift a monthly donation and help us grow our operations into the next decade.

Tune in for more information!

[​IMG]
    TODAY
    July 7 @ 3:30pm PST

Alex Clark on Grimm Green's Live Show!

Have questions? Want more information? Tune in to Grimm Green's Tuesday Bro Tuesday Live Stream with special guest Alex Clark!
    Grimm Green Channel

[​IMG]
    THURSDAY
    July 9 @ 7pm PST

Alex Clark on That's What She Said!

Get to know Alex, learn more about CASAA, and join in on the fun with the ladies of That's What She Said!
    That's What She Said Channel

CONTACT CASAA
    Alex Clark, CEO
    Bruce Nye, President
    P.O. Box 2991
    Plattsburgh, NY 12901
    (202) 241-9117
    [email protected]

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Thanks for sharing this... I found a shirt I just had to have too...

• Love This! Love This! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. muth

muth More than a poop!

Thanks for posting that VG. I also would like to let folks know that when they shop at places like Amazon, Walgreens, Walmart, Petco, etc., you can choose Casaa as an organization to donate a part of your purchase to. Years ago I contacted Betty at iGive and got Casaa on their list. Here's the link to iGive.com to learn more. I don't believe you need to become a member to use the donation feature but please read it because I don't remember. It's very simple and it doesn't cost you a penny. The retailer you purchase from will donate a percentage of your purchase to Casaa or whatever organization you choose. If your organization isn't on the list you can get them signed up with a few steps in most cases.

https://www.igive.com/welcome/lp16/cr64a.cfm

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. muth

muth More than a poop!

:nun:

13. muth

muth More than a poop!

I just put batteries in all my new mods to make sure there were no DOAs (I've had a couple in the past). I thought I was going to have a problem with the Topside batt door not opening. I watched several vids and everyone's door popped right open with ease. Not mine and I was about to pry it with a small screwdriver when it finally opened. But what I learned from the vids, 90w and dual, is that users are having issues with the hinges giving way and batteries dropping. This usually happens on average after 5 months use, sometimes much sooner. I found a fix vid in case it happens.

Hate to be Debbie downer for the Topside users but better prepared than not. Keep an eye on your hinges, folks.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  14. 100%VG

I looked at the t-shirts, but haven't bought one yet. Sadly, CASAA doesn't get much at all from the sale. I mailed in a $25 one time donation. Well, it's in the mailbox with the flag raised, waiting to be picked up tomorrow. I called Alex, asking how to do it so PayPal didn't take a chunk, and that was his suggestion. I felt that if I was going to spend $18+, I'd give it directly to CASAA.
    You're welcome.

I love that thought! Good on you! I read it, but I saw no mention of how to use it or if membership is required. How do you get the percentage of your purchases from Amazon, Walgreens, Walmart, Petco, etc. sent to CASAA? My trouble would be remembering to use it. :blush:

I had a little, but very little, trouble getting the battery door opened on my Dual at first, but it works great once batteries are installed, and I love that it comes On immediately after batteries are installed! I see 2 small flathead screws on either side of the battery door hinge pin. Is the trouble with one of those screws coming out (and maybe getting lost), and therefore the hinge pin comes out (and maybe gets lost, too), or what? I just tightened both of those screws. Not that they were loose, but the did screw in a very tiny bit.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  15. 100%VG

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

New (refurbished) iPhone 7+ all set up now. That was quite an undertaking! Good night AUvians.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love This! Love This! x 2
    • List
  17. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

once you install it .... it does it automatically......
    I am beat & headed to bed early...
    Good night everyone.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  18. MRSpivey

MRSpivey Faith, Hope, & Love...

Good morning AUvians!

19. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Good morning everyone.... HHD....not much going on today... I am working on postponing my trip out this week....
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  20. muth

muth More than a poop!

No one in the vids mentioned the screws. I saw them too and was wondering about them. It looked like their springs wore out or something. The door was just hanging and swinging back and forth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List