1. Hello Guest,

VapingBlips.com is a social community of vapers gathering to discuss all things vaping and life in general. We have contests, play games, babble about nonsense and even share useful info about vape gear, e-liquids and DIY info.

We have no interest in spammers or trolls and our members have tools that allow them to remove offending posts if enough members rate it as spam or trolling.

We hope you like what you see and decide to register and join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected] and we hope to see you soon ;)

Alternate Universe Too...

Discussion in 'Purely Social' started by kelli, Apr 3, 2015.

1. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

Does the syringe have ml's on it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Donald Bickers

Donald Bickers Banished Blip Vendor

Have you thought mixing using weight,since i started using weight instead of schyringes,i never looked back,practically no cleanup
    do you have a scale,should have ask that first

3. Donald Bickers

Donald Bickers Banished Blip Vendor

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  4. 100%VG

100%VG Did something go Blip?

You don't have to call Max. VG is just fine. :laugh:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

:D

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  5. 100%VG

This free Convert for Windows program will convert pretty much anything to anything else in the same category. To begin with, I really think you need a measuring Cylinder in ml to go with that Syringe. I use a 100ml one when I'm mixing 300ml, and I use a 50ml one for 100mg/ml Nicotine. But from Convert, 30ml = 0.1268026 cups. I see no way for you to be that precise with a measuring cup. But 6% of 0.1268026 cups = 0.06 x 0.1268026 cups = 0.007608156 cups. See what I mean? I think you need to work in milliliters instead of cups. The Syringe is in cc, which is the same thing as ml. Then 0.06 x 30ml = 1.8ml of flavoring (6%). You can approximate that pretty close with a 10ml Syringe, but a 5ml would be even more accurate.

You add the total amount of flavorings together (if they are all in PG) and subtract that from the total PG you want the VG/PG ration to be. Use that much PG USP, add the PG-based flavorings, and the rest is VG USP. Unless your question is how much flavoring to use. You might be able to find the average percentage used in customer reviews of the flavoring(s) on the website you bought them from. Either that, or Google the flavoring brand name and flavoring name, and maybe the word "percent" or "percentage" and see what that reveals for you. Once you have a range to work with, it is generally suggested to start low and work up from there.

I don't if this helps and answers your question, but I hope it at least points you in the right direction.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  6. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

my bad... it is a measuring cylinder I got from a DIY place... I am measuring out 80% vg & 10-20% PG, 1.9ml nic and then I tried 2ml flavor.....
    and yes Thank you dear......<3

7. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

I do have a digital postal scale but really no place to work with it.....

8. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Yes it does.... it came with the nic a long time ago with a wide long needle so it's easy to use....

9. Blue1

Blue1 Blip Charm Vendor

Wow thank you all for the help.... I really do have all the supplies I need they are just packed away and difficult to get to (I will make it a point to try this week)...
    if the scale is really easier then maybe I can work something out in the bathroom sink..that's about the only flat surface I have.... but I will need some assistance with those figures..... the good news is I only have 1 flavor to add.....

10. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

You and VG answered it. I was gonna say 9/10 of a ml is 3%, so an easy way to me for 30ml is just say each ml of flavoring is 3%.

11. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

What flavoring is it? Maybe 2 or 3 percent is enough?

12. 100%VG

@Blue1

Forget the above post by me.

This free
    Convert for Windows program will convert pretty much anything to anything else in the same category. To begin with, I really think you need a measuring 10-50 ml Cylinder in ml to go with that Syringe. I deleted everything else because you are still using 6 or 8% of flavoring. I don't know how to tell you anything more without using percentages for everything else. You can use Convert to see how many ml equals how many cups. But for only a 30ml total, the cups are going to be way too small to do it any justice in accuracy with the Nicotine Base, and the USP VG and PG.

For example, 30ml = 0.1268026 cups. Looking at 6% flavoring of a 30ml total is 1.8ml of flavoring. 8% flavoring of a 30ml total is 2.4ml of flavoring. Working the rest out, especially not knowing your Nicotine Base (PG or VG), it gets too complicated for me. I use the EcigVape.com DIY E-Liquid (E-Juice) Mixing Station! It's a mixing calculator that I have setup for the things I use. I could help you set it up for you, but other than that, you may need muth's, Dub's, or Don's help.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  13. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

I never really understood this, but haven't tested it either. But lets say RFSC Strawberry, I usually add 3% when using it with other flavors. Say with 2 other flavors at 3%. So total is 9% flavoring, so why wouldn't I want 9% RFSC Strawberry if it was going to ve the only flavoring in there? If I need a total of 9% for mixed flavors, why would I not want 9% with one flavor? I know I don't, because on it's own I like and use 4%, but why?

15. muth

muth More than a poop!

It's called "Self Made", on Netflix. Thx for your recommendation.

16. muth

muth More than a poop!

Granted, everyone has a different palate and there's no set value. With that in mind it's always better to start low and work your way up. Flavors can have a tendency to completely change their character at higher percentages.

ETA: I've heard complaints from people about perfectly good flavors because they used them at much higher percentages than the recommended usage on the label.

17. dubya

dubya Headbanging Blip

I Totally agree, thats why I said maybe 3% of what she has is enough, not 6%. I just don't get it I guess.

18. muth

muth More than a poop!

Idk who you're referring to but for example: Flavor percentage in a recipe used with other flavors would have a lower percentage than if it was used as a stand alone. Single flavor testing for FA usually runs around 2-3% median. Using that same flavor in a recipe would drop down to maybe .50-1% or else it would dominate the recipe and throw it all off. Does that make sense?

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  19. muth

muth More than a poop!

And the proof is in the pudding when you say that 4% is enough when you use it alone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer Seriously Committed

I have a few more items to post to the classies LOL 20200322_212832_compress74.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List